Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys should see what they do in Japan. I mean, I guess you could call it rice but they got their own style.

All I say is that if you make your car "look" ricey but don't actually race it, your pratically doing your on style. Rice is an American style. More commonly known as SoCom

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
      what does these lights have to do with rice? j/k why not just call normal color or white housing taillights lol
      hahaha........ripper we're simply trying to "stand out" of the crowd by calling them different names

Comment

ok sorry...
        sheeesh so what do u call the tail lights that are completly clear and dont have a big red dot?

I dont remeber saying r prelude is fast i though i said dont underestamate it.

Comment

I know the lights that he is talking about now. They were the trend pre-altezza. They have no color to them and rely on colored bulbs. I guess the only thing you could call them is "clear".

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
            what does these lights have to do with rice? j/k why not just call normal color or white housing taillights lol
            Don't worry about anything. It'll all be over soon.

I know the lights that he is talking about now. They were the trend pre-altezza. They have no color to them and rely on colored bulbs. I guess the only thing you could call them is "clear".
            I know what you're talking about. I think, by some miracle, they are actually less ugly then bad altezzas

Comment

This thread is sort of mean, and not to mention it isn't helpful to anyone. I think it's time we closed this

Comment

These are the ones I am talking about.
                Attached Files

Comment

oh those tail-lights.......they are ok

TokiEvolution: I know r car has thos weird tail lights but dont underestamate us on the track.

ok......you might've said don't underestimate your brothers car but......whatever this thread needs to get locked up and tossed!
                  Last edited by DrifterN; 06-24-2004, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Style = HP?

In my shop we have a running joke about badges:

R-type stickers give a 25 hp boost when your racing

NOS stickers give you 50 HP boost

But seriously what people do to thier cars is thier thing. Its an expression of thier love affair with thier car. Maybe its not what others like, or its been done before. Importantly its what they want. My drift machine is an old 82 supra the paints faded with a few rust spots. The fender flares have cracks in the paint, and the paints sunbaked. I have many ideas of what i want to do to it when i have the money. When you look at the car it says its been driven hard and still drives hard. The only thing ive done is add pedal caps to make it easier to heel-toe, and repainted the cam covers on the 5m chrysler orange. Theyre the nicest things on the car. I got challenged to a race <the cops here run a street legal drag on a closed road> by this nice honda. He said my car would fall apart before the run was over. My drivetrain is stock with a tired clutch and LSD, I was almost stopped at the other end of the run before he crossed the finish line. I think he tried to win; his engine sounded like it was revved max. Ah well... I like my underdog car. There is something to be said for a nice clean car with detail oriented styling. Maybe ill get a AE86 hatch to match it they look so similar. Its all in what you like....

Comment

im actually surprised to see allot of people saying "do what you want to your own car".

this whole "rice" thing is just funny cause any import car is considered rice to the domestic guys.

my uncle is a hardcore domestic guy and he rags on me all the time. its alright though. its all in the name of fun. of course i rag on him back cause his 440 hemi camaro hasnt been running for sometime now. :P but he could do an easy 11 second run at the tracks. im not a big fan of drag racing, but geezus thats fast to me.

alright im done, live long prosper and learn to drift better. yay

Comment

Im not trying to tell anybody what to do when I suggest ignoring the ricers. If people wanna hate on em go ahead. I will admit that alot of those guys are hilarious (sp). And the only reason they have a modified civic is because they cant afford a mercedes with 22's to park in front of "da club." If I were the actual people who owned fast / well done civics, I would advocate the death of alot of these people. personaly though I could care less about them, but I will admit that I laugh at them sometimes.

Comment

I agree with snow...the only reason people hate on civics is because there are so *bleep* many out there. Its the same thing with mustangs. Hell, I own a civic (daily) and its like a beacon for people trying to race me. I guess being an FD owner, the biggest thing I wouldnt like is a FnF'd out RX-7...just because I would feel bad for the car.

Comment

Marshun- Hemi Camaro? What a travesty.

Comment

thought you guys might find this funny.
                              http://www.ftlauderdaleracing.com/do...ompilation.wmv

Comment

i think it's weird how alot of people will call a car "rice" but when the people in japan do the same ***** thing, they consider it the cool thing to do. wth??? Altezzas are rice....yea...ok.....Top Secret's s15 silvia has altezzas...freakin riced silvias....whats the world comin to....please...Rice is a not a form of style, but it's an attitude...what if Chunky Bai came out in a honda civic with all the things everybody calls rice "neons, altezzas, bodykit, blahblahblah" all that stuff....but he pimped that stuff like he was a Master P in a 68 Imapala...99% of u fgt's wouldn't say anything cause he's chunky Bai and when he does something, its cool......please....look @ Pheiffer's 86... it's flat black with a green and yellow snake on the side....guess his car is rice huh? but half u goons don't say anything cause he's Alex Pheiffer...but if some old joe off the street's had a prelude painted it flat black and put a snake on the side, you guys would be "**** ricer....all should go the hell....ect" i mean honestly people...(no offense to Alex, i like your car, i was jus using it as an example...i'm painting my car flat black this summer )

whatever someone does to their car...to each man his own....let it be that way...whatever happened to respecting a car because of it's owner not because of it's bodykit.

Drifting is all about maken friends....at least...that's what it use to be...if u ask me...those who start talkin mess like this...they're the ricers...
                                Last edited by Nemesis; 06-29-2004, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X