No announcement yet.

Fast and the Furious 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do agree with others in the fact that this movie is going to come out so just deal with it. Yes, it will direct more bad light on people like us who do drift days and keep it off the street. But that is something that we can't change. And to whoever mentioned that the honda idiots will buy and wreck drift cars thus giving more parts from junkyards was right. The only bad thing is that there will be less of these cars which aren't made anymore on the street.

Zach

Comment

think of it this way:

drifting gets more popular two-fold

the demand for drifting products go up

competition between companies will force to lower prices at a high quality to sell good

then, more track time becaause the track organizers will know the demand and perhaps in the end, drift-spec tracks.

Comment

don't forget...maybe drivers will finally get $$$ sponsored so they don't have to work at janitor joe's alignment shop in BFE.

Comment

speaking of fart can,

has nos drifting ever been done? I kno this sounds ridiculous, and i personally am not a fan of the stuff, but f&f pretty much made nos mainstream. ur take on it?

Comment

i think some of the D1 pros run nitrous to counter the turbo lag on those big *Censored**Censored**Censored* turbos that they run.

Comment

kazama, imamura, and the up garage turbo 86 that used to be in D1 all ran nos to make the turbine spool up after turns and on straight aways

Comment

Originally posted by XanThoZ
                speaking of fart can,

has nos drifting ever been done? I kno this sounds ridiculous, and i personally am not a fan of the stuff, but f&f pretty much made nos mainstream. ur take on it?
                RS-R s2000

Comment

not just the rsr s2k, try and check up the specs on LOTS of D1 cars

Comment

http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinp...urus060805.htm

More in-depth info. At the very least, the director isn't Rob Coehn. Cohen is the guy who did XXX and the Fast and the Furious. The first F&F was fresh but then XXX was corny, lame, and corny.

Here's a little more:
                    http://www.moviehole.net/news/5811.html

BTW, anybody see Better Luck Tomorrow and if it sucked?
                    Last edited by s0nny80y; 06-17-2005, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Last night at Daikoku Futo there were several cars there for the casting call of FF3, including Top Secret, JUN, VeilSide, & the Options staff, including hideo sato san.

Comment

I am pretty close to an actor going for the lead role.
                        Newsflah Paul walker is not in this one.

Comment

I hope they have a sequence where it shows this Shawn character learning and perfecting his drifts. Not just jump behind the wheel of some suped up S13 and smoke everyone. We need a sequence that shows him tackling the mountain, spinning out etc. , crashing his car, repairing his car, tackling the mountain over and over again until he finally gets it right. That alone would ad much more credibility to the character and help the audience (specifically the drifters) connect with him.

B-Wurm

Comment

If they DO have drifting as the main motorspot in F&F3, it will do the same thing that it did for the "import scene" back in the day. It will temporarily bring a big influx of money and popularity only to have the scene ruined by being flooded with posers and uneducated law breakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddyworm
                              I hope they have a sequence where it shows this Shawn character learning and perfecting his drifts. Not just jump behind the wheel of some suped up S13 and smoke everyone. We need a sequence that shows him tackling the mountain, spinning out etc. , crashing his car, repairing his car, tackling the mountain over and over again until he finally gets it right. That alone would ad much more credibility to the character and help the audience (specifically the drifters) connect with him.

B-Wurm
                              Yes all the while some 80's rock music is playing, and you see him wrenching on the car, crashing...all while the music is playing...just like all the Rocky movies.

Comment

yeah just like in team america world police "we need a montaaggeee...we need to show that time is movin byyy so our guy can be a pro with a montaaaggeee"

Comment

Working...
                                X