X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost intrest halfway through.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
      I dont like some of the things DP said in that article. How are Civic's rice? Im tired of people sayingthat. How is crashing into a Canyon wall rice? At least were out there racing, aand getting better. I like some of the people in DP, but i don't like how a bunch of girls get sponsers, get in the paper, and get all this pubilcity, and they dont even know what a traction rod is. Im all for helping them out, our shop sponsers them, but why is it such a big deal?
      ....exactly!!

Comment

It's a big deal because They're girls. lol. (honestly i have no idea why it's actually so special).

Comment

Oh come on guys! I think that its good that females are in the scene. Just because its a male dominated sport doesn't mean that girls cant do it as well. Personally I think girl racers are sexy. I think all of the diversity makes it even more intersesting.

Comment

Originally posted by driftdreams360
            Oh come on guys! I think that its good that females are in the scene. Just because its a male dominated sport doesn't mean that girls cant do it as well. Personally I think girl racers are sexy. I think all of the diversity makes it even more intersesting.
            The point is we all KNOW girls can do it. No big deal. Guys here arent upset that girls are drifting, Most of us find a girl who can drive very sexy. However we are upset at the fact that people are getting special treatment JUST because they are girls. Not because they are super skilled, or anything else.

Comment

I with most of you guys on this.

I couldnt read the whole thing. No, its not a big deal just it did seem like the writer wanted to get into Nadine's pants so he spent the extra time to try and ended up with a way to long and borring story.

It's only a big deal because you make it that way.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

hahahahaha.... even considering it's a girl that wrote the article... oooo lesbianism

Comment

Really? My bad. Maybe wanted to show the Femine side then.

I did hear that chinky and charles has a good picture in there.
                  BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

lol o man

Comment

Originally posted by GoukiS14
                      hahahahaha.... even considering it's a girl that wrote the article... oooo lesbianism
                      Haha.. taint it grand when females themselves promote sexism! I laughed when the writer couldn't leave the girls' looks out of the article, however with a name like Drifting "Pretty".. I guess you're just asking for it.

Comment

the LA Weekly is not known for its award winning journalism. haha! article was way to long.

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
                          article was way to long.
                          damn you read the whole thing?

Comment

heck no. i just skimmed parts of it. hehe.

Comment

damn i was about to say... but even skimming it took to long for me. i just hated that article

Comment

come on are you guys serious?

did you guys get the point of the article? it wasnt written to glorify anybody, it wasn't meant to say that the girls are the best girl drifters on the planet, and it definitely wasn't meant to say that they are hot or that they deserve special treatment.

the article was written because these girls are doing something unique... it's news. thats why articles are written aren't they?

it's a positive story about girls getting involved with driving. is it such a bad thing to promote women in our new sport? because with all of the judgmental comments i'm hearing on this "drifting" board, i'm sure that women will be less inclined to get involved now.

being judged sucks, and it's SO easy for you to sit behind your computer monitor and judge somebody and not be judged in return. all of the good drifters were beginners at one point. and i'm sure that in their minds, they realize that they still have so much to learn. so what's the point of going around on message boards saying that people suck at drifting? if you ask ueo, daijiro, alex pfieffer, andy yen, or ken gushi if they suck at drifting, i am sure that they will say that they suck.

personally, i thought it was a great article. and after talking to some of the major editors from our scene's magazines, they also agree that it was one of the best they've read. it gave great insight as to how the girls think from an outsider's point of view... sorry for you all that didn't have the patience to read through the whole thing. Anyway, i think the girls are doing great... they've learned a lot since the organization has started, and some of the girls show amazing potential and dedication. there's nothing wrong with that.

and to all the trash talkers, i always say the same thing... just drive. we all love driving, so go do it. we don't need the negativity in our growing sport.

Benson

Comment

Working...
                                X