This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mav1178
    There were already several good ones.... or did you miss them all in the past 18 months? I can name no less than 15 off the top of my head about drifters that are good, that do not care about color-matched springs, and are about GUYS, since this seems to be such a big concern for many of you.
    never said it had to be about guys but i mean come on these gurls are all about oh i want pink springs on my pink cars and crap like that. any real drifter knows it doesnt matter what color your springs are, what color you cam gears are, valve cover etc. etc. its about the performance not the look. thats what all those civic kidds are about. making their cars look good in their own eyes. when your a drifter performance is what matters. doesnt matter whether your a gurl or a guy.

benson welcome to the boards. its great to see that you alex and andy yen have joined the boards to voice your opinions on the sport that we all love.

Comment

Drifting Pretty has the hottest sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
        never said it had to be about guys but i mean come on these gurls are all about oh i want pink springs on my pink cars and crap like that. any real drifter knows it doesnt matter what color your springs are, what color you cam gears are, valve cover etc. etc. its about the performance not the look. thats what all those civic kidds are about. making their cars look good in their own eyes. when your a drifter performance is what matters. doesnt matter whether your a gurl or a guy.

benson welcome to the boards. its great to see that you alex and andy yen have joined the boards to voice your opinions on the sport that we all love.
        I cant entirely agree with you. I do feel similar to alot of what you say, However i think most drifters dont care because they are kind of poor lol... When drifters get money they modify there asthetics to whatever they want. Drifting is a very personal thing so people tend to personalize there cars how they like.

I mean i dont see a difference between color matching some parts and going to a silvia front end on a S13. which alot of drifters do. or do similar things.

Comment

If that is the case, don't tell that to any of the D1 guys because to them, it's all about PRESENTATION and FLAIR.

-alex

Comment

im not talking about showy competition i was talking about everyday drifters but i guess ill have to clarify everything for you.

nissanguy if money wasnt an issue for you... what would you go for? performance or looks? and i dont mean bodykits... i mean like well color matching everything regardless of performance.
            Last edited by ; 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM.

Comment

i can understand matching body kits and stuff, but matching ur springs so they are the same color... mmmm ricey. But i do have to admit. On my RC car i got some springs just because they matched the chassis, but they were the right stiffness luckily

Comment

thanks for emphasising my point mroddrft

Comment

My problems are not with Drift Pretty,but with what the writers use to sell.These references have been used in many articles from various sources that have been posted on this site.I've just grown tired of the same references,it's so typical,really.

I'm not liking the direction some of these writers are taking this,seems so typical,repetitive.
                  I don't attack anyone that gets out and tries for trying.

Comment

nissanguy if money wasnt an issue for you... what would you go for? performance or looks? and i dont mean bodykits... i mean like well color matching everything regardless of performance.
                    If money wasnt an issue i'd have a completely perfectly tuned rb25 powered S13. White. With a huge picture of Belldandy from oh my goddess over the entire (painted white) CF hood. with a light weight driveline, probably CF, and every body panel on the car replaced with something very light, and sprayed white. Under the hood it would be clean with a similar painting of belldandy over the valve cover.. all with a Silvia front end of course. maybe a small lip soiler or something in the rear. Or possible a racing wing (something most would consider ricey) hopefully producing real downforce at high speeds.

Once it performed close to what i wanted i would deck it out in such a way astheticly to make it personal. It would stand out trust me! lol..

To me its performance first. But asthetics is your personal flare, it goes with your Style, no one drifts the same as someone else, we all have slightly different styles. thats why i love drifting so much.

Comment

ok... well im done trying to find the answer i thought most would say.

Comment

youre right when you said a real drifter knows... but when the girls were talking about cute colored parts, it was just a joke... none of them would pick a bad good-looking part over a good plain-looking part.

and just to let you know... plenty of us sit around and say "man, how cool would it be if i had this front bumper". there's a lot of us that care a lot about how our cars look. if not, all our cars would be flat black with supra wheels (haha alex!)

Comment

yea i knew she wasnt serious, just look at her car its beautiful =)

Comment

i know people like tp picki their bodykits and i wasnt talking about that. i didnt take that as a joke about the color matched springs. i didnt see that it was one if it was. but like i said. picking something for its color to me is considered rice, and no for the sarcastic people i dont mean when you first buy your car..., color matching springs, valve covers, cam gears, its going a little overboard and thats when you start to fall under the rice/show category.

which wheels came on the celica supras in the 80's?

these ones

Comment

this is interesting, it seems this article has touched on something in all of us...

...i wasn't planning on reading it, but now i think i will.

...who knows, maybe ill have something to say about this as well

Comment

im not talking about showy competition i was talking about everyday drifters but i guess ill have to clarify everything for you.
                                If you are only refering to "everyday drifters", and if only "performance matters", then I have to point out that

1) a high-performance coilover kit like HKS are made to look good and perform good.

2) high-performance engine mods like intake, manifolds, cam gears, etc all are made to "look good". you can do things yourself or make your own parts but for the most part, the fit/finish is representative of the tuning company's work and it's all made to look good.

Anyhow, in this industry nowadays it is impossible to have "good performance" and not "look good", because people are vain and it shows in all of our modifications.

Image is everything in our society. L.A. is especially superficial.

-alex

Comment

Working...
                                X