Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's more like the wannabes getting red eyed looking at the folks that are going about it correctly...

Comment

• Originally posted by S13_Steve
      i think of this as a illegal vs legal drifters argument..... does anybody agree with this? i mean all the track drifters love DP but then think of the illegal drifters here.....
      Huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
        sure, go on, keep thinking that...

ok u wanna know what i think and everybody else on here does.... i know almost half the people on this board and have met with them at meets and such..... and our real opinion is that the team is really sucks.... seriously .... its soo stupid how the team is full of girls and half of them cant drive.... i also know that half the people here are illegal drifters who say the same thing im saying right now its just that their being nice..... we all think the team sucks.... we all got different reasons but most of us dont like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like that.... ill still think the track culture and DP suck ..... and that also goes for the other hundreds of members on these boards...... soo keep assuming ur right with all this cus nobody really is....we all have our own differences and opinions in life...its just that this site has more diff opinions on one output... i could be right or wrong... but yeah im still gonna think that soo go kiss my *Censored**Censored**Censored* loser

Comment

• And are you a qualified D1 judge or a professional driver?

WHO are you to judge????

They are having fun. Case closed. You mind your own fun...

Comment

• You think the track culture sucks, even though you don't know anything about it? So full of hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Transient
              Huh?
              let met say it one more time, in case the point was lost......

Huh?

(pictorial diagrams help too)

-alex

Comment

• Very typical of a wannabe... Hate on people who are better, or have better support group...

Comment

• I admit,I don't think much of tracks.Matter of fact,let me see a lot drifter beat someone whos drifting was born and bred in the touge.Yes,until I see lot drifters start to out-drift touge born racers like Tsuchiya and Kazama,it's obvious which side brings the heavy hitters.

hmmm.Not one to throw around controversy,but isn't Drift Pretty againist any form of street drifting,touge included? Now correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't this Nadine drifting illegally? I mean,I could be wrong,it might not be her,or I might have just mistaken a touge road for a race track/parking lot (happens sometimes).

Seriously,I have no problems with drift eye candy girls,I'm just seeing contradictions.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah, but does your touge drift out drive the best out there? No... F1, CART, etc. Those guys started out on the track...

Comment

• Originally posted by Feint
                      I admit,I don't think much of tracks.Matter of fact,let me see a lot drifter beat someone whos drifting was born and bred in the touge.Yes,until I see lot drifters start to out-drift touge born racers like Tsuchiya and Kazama,it's obvious which side brings the heavy hitters.

hmmm.Not one to throw around controversy,but isn't Drift Pretty againist any form of street drifting,touge included? Now correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't this Nadine drifting illegally? I mean,I could be wrong,it might not be her,or I might have just mistaken a touge road for a race track/parking lot (happens sometimes).

Seriously,I have no problems with drift eye candy girls,I'm just seeing contradictions.
                      For the public eye...of course your against all form of street racing it's called CYA policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                        Yeah, but does your touge drift out drive the best out there? No... F1, CART, etc. Those guys started out on the track...
                        Also some of those drivers styles originated from canyon driving,though a lot of those guys started out with go-karting.I wouldn't throw in CART,sort of like a min-F1.Also,what's applied to touge racing can be found on the track,plus more.We probably shouldn't argue touge here,but in the case of drifting,it's hard to have one without the other.It's like having a non-open seater F1 car .

Comment

• Originally posted by swifty949
                          For the public eye...of course your against all form of street racing it's called CYA policy.
                          Pretty sure drifting.com abides by that policy as well.

Oh and just to throw in my opinion here. If you dont support street drifting, dont do it. But for god sakes dont preach about how you only support the track when the majority of people learned on the street, in parking lots, and out on the twisties. I dont know about most people, but for me being a starving college student isnt very track friendly (cost of tires, entrance fee, yadda yadda yadda). Drifting has a high turnover rate once kids find out how expensive it is. Let them make there own mistakes, consider it Darwinism.

BUT, you guys turned this into a street drifting versus track drifting thread. If you want to duke it out start another thread or something so we can all beat eachother up and I wont have to close this one. I'd also like to see what more Drifting Pretty members/supporters think about that article.
                          Last edited by Weapon X; 06-03-2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Hey it is great to see you posting on the board Benson. And in a polite and professional manner despite the somehat rude posts no less. I am involved in several subculures that periodically receive coverage and journalism by someone who never knows what they are really talking about, it's always the same. They never do the scene or activity REAL justice and we just have to accept that because it's never going to change. While phrases like "sideways at 100 mph at a 180-degree angle" were funny to me, it think it could have been alot worse.

As far as I am concerned, the coverage is only as bad a as people take it. We just all have to realize that this is the way things are presented, and I don't think anyone should judge Nadine or DP based on that article, because it's through naive and uninformed eyes/ears and then dragged through editors who know even less about the subject but insist on making changes, or the article won't make it into print.

Benson, I have been checking out Sileightymania since the first few months it was around and I would like to say congratulations to you and Nadine for your commitment to what you love. You have both come a along way and deserve that you get and more.Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Feint
                              I admit,I don't think much of tracks.Matter of fact,let me see a lot drifter beat someone whos drifting was born and bred in the touge.Yes,until I see lot drifters start to out-drift touge born racers like Tsuchiya and Kazama,it's obvious which side brings the heavy hitters.

bring a touge driver since birth onto a circuit against a circuit driver since birth... each driver would be champion on his/her own training grounds. your argument doesn't make much sense.

nadine and i were around before there were sanctioned legal events... had we not learned on the streets, there would be no drifting instructors today. We were forced to learn there because there was nowhere else to learn.

Today is a different story. Today, you can pay your $80 and drive all day long without endangering lives, your car, other people's property, or yourself. There's no need to learn car control on a road thousands of feet above the ground with a mountain wall on one side and a cliff on the other.

People like to use the excuse that they don't have money to go to the track... well... what are you doing drifting then? Drifting costs money, whether you like it or not. Do you think it will cost less than $80 when you put your car into a ditch? Or putting your front end into a wall? How about hitting on-coming traffic or when the police find out what you're doing and slap you with a reckless driving and exhibition of speed ticket AND impound your car?

Use your head people... we have such a great gift to be able to use venues like Irwindale Speedway and California Speedway... you don't have to learn by hitting curbs and ruining your muffler, wheels, and control arms like my friends and I did. Take advantage of it.

Yeah, I did do it illegally at one time... but now that we have sanctioned events, nobody has to do it the hard way. There's no excuse for it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by BensonHsu
                                why would you do this? do you understand that you are openly mocking the entire drifting pretty program and all of it's supporters (including me)?

and you are a moderator? isn't it your job to make sure that everybody on this board is respected and treated in a mature manner?

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
                                Don't mind him Benson, he's typical of the attitude displayed here.

Cya at DD17!!
                                OH MY GOD!!! Get over your selfs!! go back and read this entire thread and tell me how i wasnt professional or respectful. I BRING UP casually a long running chatroom joke about "Drifting Ugly" based on the idea that ugly guys couldnt join drifting pretty so we started our own group... And you throw a little fit like im calling them sluts or something? My god get over your selfs.

And about the comments about you track only guys "Doing it the right way" Says who? get over your selfs. Lets visit japan and see what the "Right way is" lets look at the D1, or hell most the American pro drifters about where they started *cough*still attend*cough*

Honestly this is redicilous to take offense to my comment about drifting ugly. my god what are you a robot? I just dont know what to say im speachless that that little comment sparked such a huge arguement. I dont even see how thats offensive or disrespectful... Gee Cordes and Steve i better becareful next time i call my self Ugly, I might offend the boyfriend of some attractive female drifter..

My god honestly... go back and read it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X