Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentra Spev V

Comment

But yeah... Honda Crx, Mazda Miata, DC2. Get her a car that has potential for a good autocrosser, so then she could get some help from some of the locals. If not that, somthing w/ a good aftermarket support. But Miata takes the cake. H07N355!!

Comment

for a girl thats just getting into the car scene i recommend a fwd, acura integra, 94-01. There safe, one of the safest, good mpg, clean looking, and if she's looking into mods for it they run about as cheap as any civic, without the ricer enigma attached to those that drive civics.

Comment

Miata.... hmmmm... not the Mazda I was thinking of, but she will definatly find it "cute." She might think its to small though. Then again she'd love a convertible... That'd suck to roll in one of those though...

Originally posted by Cade
          Umm I think we are gonna need pics of the girl in question to see if its umm really her style. =p
          Nice try bud. I may not be her parent, but I'm still a bit protective of her... Besides, her being only 16, legally I dont think I'm allowed to.

Anyways...

I guess its a battle of the Mazdas (edit: and Integra), unless someone can come up with a better car. I can't say I'm a fan of Hondas... Civics and Accords around my area are like roaches. They are everywhere! Personally eveyone having such similar cars is so lame to me.

Though on the other hand my mom owns an '04 Odessy and that thing can haul like no one's business. (Gold edition baby, I have no clue what that means, but shes got gold Honda emblems all over it.)

Comment

*cough* S13 *cough*

Unless she likes to get her hands dirty the i'd say a FC.

Comment

ok so the line up is.......

S13 - If she's feeling frisky
              Integra - If she wants to be safe yet fun
              Miata - If she wants to look cute
              FC - If she wants to get dirty

All of them are good cars. But whats the best? How do you add a Poll?

Comment

Originally posted by VertigoEpidemic

S13 - If she's feeling frisky
                ill leave this one alone... As for the poll you need to do it when you create a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                  ill leave this one alone...
                  She called it frisky, not me.

Comment

She also said she likes the new Bugs and Jeeps... but neither are racing material... at least in my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by VertigoEpidemic
                      She also said she likes the new Bugs and Jeeps... but neither are racing material... at least in my eyes
                      i see a lot of girls driving Bugs around here, that and jettas, they're pretty common, its her choice though.

Comment

actually the turbodiesel new bugs are decently quick, handle pretty well too, i still say rx-7 though

Comment

Can she even drive well yet?
                          You might wanna get her some seat time, more than a car.
                          I'm not saying she's not a good driver, I just saying girls don't look good wrapped around trees in any car.

so buy her a cheap one until she gets good. (chevy chevette
                          free-$300)
                          then buy her an fd, cause really it sounds like your just buying a car for you.... really. if you know what I mean.

Comment

ok how about this, she only being 16. Teach her to drive for about a year first, then buy her a car. There is nothing worse then another 16 yr old flying around the streets in a hot new car, even worse learning to drift. If u do get her a FC make it a NA. Id hate to see a nice T2 get wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigy
                              Miata. Chicks with Roadsters rock.

yeah go with the miata, most like them but wont admit it because its really a female's car. I hear they are quick and fun and responsive. Plus its a pretty small car, easy to fit in spaces and learn on and she'll be getting good gas mileage, and u have plenty of tuner parts that she could put on it. And as an added bonus, it has flip up headlights and if she wants u could get her a convertable, the ladies love that.

just make sure u find a manual in good condition, and be prepared to help her change the clutch...

or

you could pawn off ur 300ZX on her and go get urself a 350Z lol
                              Last edited by OH240SE; 06-20-2004, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
                                Can she even drive well yet?
                                You might wanna get her some seat time, more than a car.
                                I'm not saying she's not a good driver, I just saying girls don't look good wrapped around trees in any car.

so buy her a cheap one until she gets good. (chevy chevette
                                free-$300)
                                then buy her an fd, cause really it sounds like your just buying a car for you.... really. if you know what I mean.
                                Finally someone with some SENSE. If you spend more then a grand on a kid's first car you're insane. Get anything that has acceptable handling and brakes, don't worry about power, and spend as little as possible for something that will last about a year.

My 16 year old sister is driving a 100 dollar automatic Jetta as her first car. My old man just about stole it from some guy who decided he didn't want jack for it, a few brake pads later and she's on the road. Perfect first car.

Spending 4,000 bucks on a car that's just going to get her in trouble either with the law of the land or the laws of physics is a bad call. You know she's gonna flog the thing, and as a begining driver odds of a crash are about 80%.

Comment

Working...
                                X