Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol sorry sorry.

Comment

I don't think the thing was rigged, but there was definitely a lot of politics involved on who was picked and who wasn't picked. It was retarded.

Comment

WTF!!!??? STEVE-O WAS THERE!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
          i just gotta ask about ross petty... so from what i hear, he drove awesome didn't hit a cone, stayed in course, yet didnt make top 5, while a guy that when off course, and took out some cones made it in???
          EXACTLY!!!

Comment

humm...now i have an idea of how the service men in iraq might feel when the come home. I haven't been online for awhile so i feel out of the loop. Did steve-O wreck his car again? The drivers search course was testing..no suprize. It's nice to see some new faces in the game: Kouichiro Hamada, Conrad Grunewald
            Benson Hsu, Naoto Suenga, Ly Quoc. okay, Hsu isn't new, more of an OG now, but its good that he is still progressing as a driver.

Comment

I'm glad Benson Hsu ranked...

Did they really cut the numbers down from 8 drivers to 5? Are you kidding me?

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                I'm glad Benson Hsu ranked...

Did they really cut the numbers down from 8 drivers to 5? Are you kidding me?

Matt.
                It happened, and I was one of the 3 that didn't make it...Oh well, I guess I'll see you guys in Vegas!

Comment

That's $*%^ed up... WTH?

A seperate drifting organization entitiy sounds good about now...

Matt.

Comment

I think its very unprofessional of the D1 organization to "change their mind" if thats what really happened. I think they should be straight up and truthfull about whats going on from the beginning of the event to the end. So if there were 5 slots, they should have told everyone from the start that there were 5 slots. It sounds to be like they told everyone that there were 8 slots, and then decided to change their mind after the event? But I wasnt there and I dont really know what happened so I might be wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong. On a side note, I think its weird to have drivers from Japan entering the USA D1 drivers search. I thought the purpose of the USA drivers search was to find drivers from the USA, but apparently I'm wrong. Learn something new every day.

Comment

X2 to Crazy Hawaiian...

Just sounds wrong...

Matt.

Comment

Ill tell ya why the japs were there. Because they couldnt make the cut in japan. Yes any one from any contry can enter in the USD1 drivers search. Think Im full of BS Ask DX I was talkin to him and he said the fat nekid boy a couple of posts up was going to enter to. And that this was precicly what would happen. DX explained it that in Japan you need to win at the BM battle or the ADVAN cup to even try out for D1. then theres 40 or 50 others there with the same intentions.

If you place in a D! search event and make it to the final and land in the top 16 you can go to japan and enter the D1. You are afforded this for a period of one year.

Comment

Too bad i wasnt a lawyer, otherwise there definitly could be some protest issues to get those last 3 drivers in.

Comment

i can see your point of saying why should the japanese compete down here when they have qualifying events in japan... but if the U.S. drivers cannot beat second stringers from japan then how will they be able to compete at an even higher lvl like D1?

just my 2 cents

Comment

Touche...Well, I think it's a little iffy too if they call it USA vs. Japan and half of the USA drivers flew over from Japan to qualify here. However, what's next? Requiring proof of citizenship? Residency? I'm not even going to touch that one.

If anything, we've just got to step it up until there's no "advantage" to being from Japan. Give us enough time and I think it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Slonie
                                Touche...Well, I think it's a little iffy too if they call it USA vs. Japan and half of the USA drivers flew over from Japan to qualify here. However, what's next? Requiring proof of citizenship? Residency? I'm not even going to touch that one.

If anything, we've just got to step it up until there's no "advantage" to being from Japan. Give us enough time and I think it will happen.

i think you have it switched? " if half the japan drivers flew over here to qualify"?

drifting is still very new in the U.S. but yeah w/ enough time we can hang...rhys millen and samuel are doing it already...alex is up there too so yeah maybe 1-3 more years see some american ppl goin to japan to compete in the D1 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X