ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread don't die like 4 year old cheese. Rado is arrogant, who cares. I have said it a million times before, if you all don't like him, get better and go beat him. Plain as that. Sitting here complaining about it and arguing amongst yourselves ain't gonna do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
      This thread don't die like 4 year old cheese. Rado is arrogant, who cares. I have said it a million times before, if you all don't like him, get better and go beat him. Plain as that. Sitting here complaining about it and arguing amongst yourselves ain't gonna do nothing.
      except promote DRIFTING.com up the ying yang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        This thread don't die like 4 year old cheese. Rado is arrogant, who cares. I have said it a million times before, if you all don't like him, get better and go beat him. Plain as that. Sitting here complaining about it and arguing amongst yourselves ain't gonna do nothing.
        You're still alive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ex-Cat
          [thread jack] This is a bit off topic, but doesn't anybody other than myself feel weird hearing, "I have the same attitude as most of the professionals when it comes to new people trying to get in on drifting" coming from a kid who doesn't even drive and talked about going home and drifting in Gran Tourismo? Hachi Kid, slow down on talking about the scene and such like you're way deep. Your time will come but right now it just seems strange. [/thread jack]

yea, when I said not in a car, I didn't say that I do it regulary on a 4-wheeler and a bicycle. and by the attitude thing, I meant humble and open to people learning to drift. just because I don't drift in a car just yet doesn't mean I'm completly dumb to the knowledge of it. I've known about it for about 3 years now, and I've gathered knowledge about it here and there. I never said I was way deep about it, I realize it is only a couple of years. you sort of have to know me to understand what I'm saying. I am a bit knowledgeable about it even though I haven't drifted in a car yet.

remember, just because you haven't done it yet, doesn't mean you have to be completely dumb to it.

rock. /happy trails...

Comment

• if i lived in the continental 48 states i'd go challenge him. no *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

• You're still alive?
              Barely.

Comment

• in case you guys haven't seen it yet, curtesy of "CircuitDA9" from the Club4ag forum.

IMAGE SOURCE:
                http://www.world-racing.com/press/mags/rm/rado-7-04.jpg

Comment

• That needed to be done.. Thank you. And thank you to circuitda9 and club4ag.

Comment

• Awaiting Rado's reply.........

[EDITED]

Comment

• Here's the Email address of "World-Racing". Enjoy.
                      I hope you guys submit some comments to them

bkristensen@world-electronics.com

Comment

• Gary

I just read your post Gary. I knew you were going to get into it. I remember when you were telling me about this. Crazy... See what you started . j/k.

Calvin Wan

Comment

• Originally posted by gc pwr
                          Wow, I didn’t know people actually read my column in Import Tuner! Want to hear something really weird? Don’t you find it strange that Rado’s column came out at the same time my column came out? Maybe cause we both had the same deadline and I spoke with Chris at D1. I hate to do this to you Chris but I’ve known you for a long time but things need to be said. You of all people should know that you don’t rip on something that you don’t know anything about. I don’t know if you read my column but it was all based on us talking at D1. So technically, yeah, my column was based on you. I was so pissed on how you were going about drifting and I tried to point some things out (somewhat under my breath) that you didn’t know about to point you in the right direction but you didn’t want to hear it. Maybe it was cause the MTV cameras were on but never the less I tried to warn you about things.

To start with you should understand that the drift community is just like the drag community You can either be hated or excepted. In the drag community, you were excepted and from there teams worked as family to help each other out right? Damn, I even let you borrow my tilton clutch when you were racing in palmdale. You didn’t use it but it was there if you needed it. That’s the best part about being part of the community, you have newly found friends that are willing to help you out whether it’s car parts or even just help working on the car.

Well drifting has its own community and some of the things you stated in your column just burned all bridges with making friends in this small yet growing industry. Let’s put it this way, If John Force said he was gonna compete in the pro FWD class and blow everyone away with a top fuel motor mounted sideways what would you and the rest of the import drag crowd say? “That’s ridiculous cause the car would never get traction and he doesn’t know how to build a FWD car.” Well the same thing goes with the drift community. Do you think that anyone is going to be on your side without you even attempting to get behind the wheel and trying it yet. I could tell you first hand it’s much different then doing donuts in a parking lot. Right now I could tell you a lot of stuff that will help you along the way but after reading your column I’m just gonna keep my mouth shut so you learn the hard way.

This is a sport that doesn’t require the amount of technology as a front drive drag car. Sh!4, you know me Chris, I’m a tech editor, when I started getting into drifting I wanted to apply so much unnecessary technology just so it looks cool. It’s a waste of money. Drifting doesn’t require much technology in the car but a lot of technology in the driver. You make 300 to 450 horsepower and have it last the season and call it a day. I know exactly what you want to do cause I wanted to do the same, engine datalogging, super crazy engine management, even a trying to make a tube chassis car. For now, I believe it’s all unnecessary. I could tell you think the pits look unprofessional and you are going to bring it to the next level. What you forget is the Apexi guys (my good friends Len and Jensen) came from the drag scene and if you look at the way this team is ran, you wouldn’t be able to tell if they were going to drag the FD or drift it. Hate to say it but we beat you to the punch on that one. It might not be a big rig but we do run it professionally.

Now after reading this whole thread it seems that everything is all fixed with you and the drifters but…for the record let me tell you why I wrote my column. At D1 I said, “So you jumping on the bandwagon with the rest for the drag racers starting to drift?” you stated, “Bandwagon! Sh!4! I’ve been building my truck since November. November huh, your not bandwagon cause you started building your truck in November. How is that not bandwagon? That was the start of why I wrote my column. Then you stated, “I’ll have no problem qualifying in D1. Next year I’m in!” When you told me this, I was about to flip! You totally disrespected drivers that have been drifting for years and are still not able to qualify for D1! Next, Kazama’s car drives by was on the rev limiter making all kinds of noise and you say. “Damn, this type of racing is for me. That car sounds like my old drag car when it was on the 2-step. I was the first one to use one and everyone thought I was crazy.” Now I’m even more pissed off cause a two-step has nothing to do with drifting and to top it off you weren’t the first one to use a two-step on a fwd drag car. Neither was I but I could claim that before you can cause I installed one on Dave Shih’s CRX when it was a record holding fwd. That was before you even got into drag racing!

So you see why I was so pissed when I wrote my column. Fortunately for you I calmed down when I proof read it and took you name out of the column. Now you are saying that Ella (SCC copy editor) rewrote what you originally said in your column? She’s four offices down the hallway from me, if you want me to verify that I can? I highly doubt the words got turned around that much. I hate to rip on you so hard Chris but I know how you are. For the record, you’ve always been hospitable at the track and even when we partied at your house! You are a nice guy but sometimes you talk a little too much. Saying that I will say this. I spoke to Steph about his drift car and the only thing he has ever said is, “It looks fun so I want to try it. I don’t know if I’ll be any good at it but I want to give it a try.” That was plain and simple, didn’t try to claim he would be good at it cause he can do 200-plus in his drag car, just simply stated that it looks fun and he would like to try it. No cocky attitude.

Again, I’m sorry you had to hear it this way but you can’t join the community with the attitude you presented. I just hope most of these drifters are able to give you that second chance. If we are still friends that cool, if not, I don’t blame you, I came off as a d!ck in this post.

Good day,
                          Gary Castillo
                          Well yesterday was the first day I was able to get back on the net a check out the wonderful things so many of you have had to say....First on friday I spent the day at Irwindale with Steph, Tarzan, Super Street, and more for a small test session and I was hopping for two things maybe to see some of you guys out there to talk face to face like adults and not to just type jabs on the internet for your own satisfaction but if thats what you need thats ok too your entitled to your own opinion. Second I was there to get a little seat time in Steph's Silvia but there was a misfire problem and his car was not available, anyway I basically just hungout all day and watched Tarzan and talked about the cars and setups what not. But I still had a great time anyway I must say of all the people out there Gary you suprised me the most we've been friends for a long time ( or so I thought ) but some of the things you said are completely incorrect now I know we spoke yesterday but I also just got to read this post of yours today and for the record I would like to throw my $.02 in. Lets go back to our talk at D1
                          [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gc pwr
                          November huh, your not bandwagon cause you started building your truck in November. How is that not bandwagon? That was the start of why I wrote my column. Then you stated, “I’ll have no problem qualifying in D1. Next year I’m in!” When you told me this, I was about to flip! You totally disrespected drivers that have been drifting for years and are still not able to qualify for D1! Next, Kazama’s car drives by was on the rev limiter making all kinds of noise and you say. “Damn, this type of racing is for me. That car sounds like my old drag car when it was on the 2-step. I was the first one to use one and everyone thought I was crazy.” Now I’m even more pissed off cause a two-step has nothing to do with drifting and to top it off you weren’t the first one to use a two-step on a fwd drag car. Neither was I but I could claim that before you can cause I installed one on Dave Shih’s CRX when it was a record holding fwd.

Still I wonder how I'm a bandwagon hopper? So if you started drifting at events before Jan04 your not a bandwagon hopper, that's so silly bro.. so any drag racer that started dragging after what Jan 00 is also a bandwagon hopper for drags or what..... you guys tell me. I just want to get in a car blaze some tires have some fun a maybe put on a good show for the crowd what is wrong with that? Isn't that why most of the guys are out there....fun and to make the crowd happy....they payed too got to give them something to remember. Now about dispespecting the drivers how did I do that? By saying that I would be able to qualify for D1 thats rediculious how does that disrespect anyone if anything you know me Gary and you said it your self sometimes I talk a lot of sh_it you should know better and not take me while I'm busting balls so seriously and thats what I can't believe I would figure you would ask me as a man and friend Hey Chris where you serious about what you said or were you just f-ing around? But that never happened you jumped to all your own conclusions.
                          Now the two-step thing dude come on man what is a two step? A two step is just a rev limiter and I don't mean to try and teach you but there are people out there that don't know all of this.
                          Well first the reason they call it a two step because it is just another rev lmiter on a engine a secondary that drag guys tipically use to make boost at the line. Well when a car is on is rev limiter and the ignition, or fuel is being pulled out and you still have full throttle or close the explosions that happen in the turbo exhaust housing sounds awesome every compact car fan drift or drag loves that sound and yes I do know that in a drift car it's not a two step rev limiter but the cars overall revlimiter, or someone using anti-lag but the sound it makes is in fact the same thing the loud bangs of making lots of boost while the limiter is activated. Gary I don't doubt that you where the first to install on a car but I was there watching Dave Shih's CRX but that thing never popped and banged like the cars today. Some cars had them but never really used them in competition. For your information and check your records Rob Smith was the first guy to put a two step on a car that used it everytime in competition. How do I know that because I was there too at Battle with Travis T's car in 97 that was the only one using a two step... But back then cars were only leaving the line with 3-7psi of boost we had tiny tinny tires 24's on 14inch wheels no wheelie bars quite yet. So when they were on the two step there was a lot going on no real banging just a mild limiter sound. It wasn't until 2000 when Rob Smith, Eric Kozeluh and Mark Kozeluh the Twins built the first Honda Front Drive uni-body that ran in competition weekly on Alcohol, and had the frst super loud 15-25psi launch two-step. No car before that Gary made that noise.....now am I lying? Ask around to some of your photoghapher friends that were running from the car at the line because they thought it was going to blowup at the races. So again I'm sorry you misunderstood what I was saying but having been around a little while I figured you knew that.
                          Mind you Gary I'm not sitting hear trying to talk *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because I really don't have anything against you but I think you are just as guilty for speaking without knowing all the facts as I am. Maybe even more because you people are pissed about generalities that I spoke of.
                          " there's one area we can improve the sport is appearance" " a lot of the cars at D1 looked pretty Ghetto: they were beat up"

These are just general statements that aren't meant to offend anyone just my observation if I see crappy old cracked lines under the hood of a race car that's ghetto no offence it's not to offend but it's a fact I didn't say all the cars were ghetto but there weren't that many pro cars. Also if an outsider came to a drag race and said that the professionalism and appearance of the car, teams, etc could be improved and that he will do well after some seat time in an event I wouldn't hate him I would try to see where we could improve especially if this person came from another similar motorsport. I'd want to see what he was talking about, maybe thats just me.
                          Ok last but not least first Gary I have never even hear of Ella at SCC and I never typed a word of this particular column but the only people I deal with is John Huffman who did write it who also is a great guy and he didn't think we said anything bad about drifting either, also when I discussed this subject with him he was really suprised as well he was just trying to be humorious at certain points talking about the Marlboro Reds and the LawnChairs, etc. also a little dramatic but MAKE NO MISTAKE again nothing written here in this column was meant to Bag on Drifting or the Drivers I'm still sorry it was taken this way. So I told John that for the next column I would like to set the record straight on these subjects. Gary being the editor you see what goes to print and have all the say in the world on it. I am just a racer who's opinions they print, sometimes represents what I'm thinking very well, and sometimes well I guess not so well. Again in a nut shell for those that need to see 1K times. 1. I'm going drifting yes. 2. I'm going drifting to have some fun not going in with a huge sponsorship to try to dominate anything. 3. The truck I am waiting for will be very simple...no tube chassis nothing like that, it will have a stock engine with a TRD supercharger and a bare bones Ignition and Fuel Piggyback ECU. No MOTEC no data acq. just a tach and a shifter. 4. By no means was I trying to rip on drifting or the guys who started it. 5. If you hate me that's fine too I'm just another guy who wants to have some fun behind the wheel your entitled to your own opinions and I won't hate you for being so narrowminded but I guess that's human nature.
                          Sorry so long winded but I just saw this and had to reply wish I had more time now but I gotta go to Dallas and work on another car. How far do you people really want this Childish he said she said to go? This doesn't do any good for anyone.
                          Thanks for your Time and your Thoughts.
                          Christian
                          Oh and Gary we're cool man I hope you didn't take this the wrong way but I just think you should have talked to me before
                          you did it like this...I know you were pissed but still people look up to you and I in this car world and we shouldn't let our emotions get in the way of doing the right thing and acting like respectable adults.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• This thread will be locked for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer View Post
                              ...who really cares, as long as you orgasim...
                              LOL Alex..

Never thought I'd be laughing my *Censored**Censored**Censored* off when I read these forums.

Although that highway onramp/offramp touge guy was funny...

Comment

Working...
                              X