Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
    X-M-P (Xtreme Mustang Performance) is the company that Falken chose to build the hell out of JR's 2005 Mustang. We build over the top psychotic rides for sicko's like myself where too much horsepower is still not enough. JR's car will be slightly different because so much relies on power to weight ratio. JR's drive train can produce and handle well over 1100 horse power but i think we will start him out around 550 rear wheel and go from there. The cage and all of the custom components are all done from light weight aluminum or chrome moly. Because the chassis is new we are able to work with other Domestic market brands to help develop and test alot of new products and there will be a TON of new 2005 Mustang stuff crammed into this car. I wish we could go into more detail right now but we still have a lot more development before we decide on a final vehicle layout.
    You're revealing so much... Don't you have a Non-Disclosure Agreement or something?

Comment

Disclosing so much?? not really, i thought it to be still very vague. Besides, its not like i told you what power plant or which drive train or what power adder or what suspension or anything specific. those answers will come in the next few weeks. I think JR and some of the guys from Falken will be releasing some of the build shots on this site soon, but then again, maybe not

Comment

HAHA, start him out at 550! rock on this thing should be a beast, I saw j.R. tear it up at the drift show off at Fedex feild hope to see you again in your mustang.

Comment

I think i need to talk JR into letting me tune it once to 1000 horse and just sit in the middle of the infield doing a 160mph stand still burn out til both tires blow...... Whacha think JR?

Comment

WORD JR! congrats on killin' it at the driver's search, scrapin' banners off the walls! Like I told you at the event I was bent on filming EVERYTHING D.A. that day but option went crazy on anyone with a camera; so i dont have any footage =(. Did you guys do the slicktrack go-kart drifting deathmatch or what? BTW you can drive the wagon whenever you like; I'd like an opinion of it from a reputable driver!

Comment

Lifting the front end, pulling the sway bar, XMP you're bringing tears to my eyes. If you're gonna be making 550hp but the motor is capable of 1100, hmm I smell an '03 Cobra longblock--unless you're packing that new 3-valve with forged internals. I'll take another guess that the tranny is Tremec's new hd 5-speed a Jerico, or the newer road racing transmission (I think it's called G-Force or something).

XMP, I'm counting on you to ensure that that modular pulls every RB & SR on the straights, and makes more smoke than Nomuken's R34. Get Jr. hooked on the Mustang so he doesn't have to go back to that torqueless wonder :P

Btw, love the show car XMP. I saw it on the cover of MM&FF and am still drooling over the Maxximum suspension and blown 32V. Get that thing out there and drift it!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                WORD JR! congrats on killin' it at the driver's search, scrapin' banners off the walls! Like I told you at the event I was bent on filming EVERYTHING D.A. that day but option went crazy on anyone with a camera; so i dont have any footage =(. Did you guys do the slicktrack go-kart drifting deathmatch or what? BTW you can drive the wagon whenever you like; I'd like an opinion of it from a reputable driver!
                Thanks man I super stoked on qualifying and represneting the drivers of the USA this upcoming weekend. We did not make it to the go kart death match but believe me wil will be getting out there maybe even this weekend. that place is sooo fun. I would love to jump in that wagon and see how it does. Im way impressed with that swap talk about original! good work.

Thanks for the support!

See you soon.
                JR
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Well how the hell did you get a hold of that picture of my car?? i don't even have that one. but you can add this to the collection and even though i appreciate all fast/fun cars, this mustang is going to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*in' OWN
                  Attached Files

Comment

J.R.!! When are we going to see some shop photos of the mustang!

Comment

YES WHEN?

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                        Thanks man I super stoked on qualifying and represneting the drivers of the USA this upcoming weekend. We did not make it to the go kart death match but believe me wil will be getting out there maybe even this weekend. that place is sooo fun. I would love to jump in that wagon and see how it does. Im way impressed with that swap talk about original! good work.

Thanks for the support!

See you soon.
                        JR
                        yo! I'll be @ california speedway fri-sun...I'm working for top secret now so I'll be around all weekend. I hear that there's going to be karts @ the event; but alas no slicktrack! ...either way the slicktrack is the same distance from irwindale anyway. I'm thinking about participating in the autocross event over the weekend and just drift the course and turn some heads =).

Comment

"coilover"

Swing by and say hey!

We will hopefully get some pics up for you guys soon. In fact i promise we will get one or two up next week sometime. Im really focusing on D1 this upcoming weekend and really dont have the time to go through all our pictures.

HAVE FUN!

JR
                          www.driftalliance.com
                          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

X-M-P thats a killer stang im getting ready to buy a new car and im thinking maybe i should buy a new stang gt im a car dealer so i can get one pretty cheap

Comment

The Mustang is a great car if you are looking for bang for the buck. it does however need some serious work on the handling side of things. But with very little $$$ you can have the car running low 12's to high 11's on street tires with full interior, a passenger, and a bag full of drive thru

JR's stang on the otherhand should hit mid to low 9's if we can ever get it to the 1/4 mile track, possibly at World Ford Challenge this year and then take it from the 1/4 mile track to the drift track and run it there too. should be a sight to see.

Comment

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
                                JR's stang on the otherhand should hit mid to low 9's if we can ever get it to the 1/4 mile track, possibly at World Ford Challenge this year and then take it from the 1/4 mile track to the drift track and run it there too. should be a sight to see.
                                I hope you guys make it out there. WFC is one of the few events that's within a reasonable distance of me, and it'd be great to come out and meet you guys, see Jr. tear it up in his new ride, and watch that 700hp show car run.

Jr., I hope you realize how lucky you are to get to drive this car. There's thousands of us out there who dream of owning a Mustang GT, let alone a full-house ride like yours. When you step into this car, you're getting into a car that has multiple generations of diehard fans around the world. Give 110% out there and be proud to drive a Mustang!

My only question is, what's a guy gotta do to get a ride??

Give 'em he11 Jr!

Comment

Working...
                                X