Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask FORMULA D Something!

I'll continue the "ask" trend. Really good idea. If you have any questions you want to be answered about ther series we will do our best to answer them. Ask away

1. how many races are you planning to have next year?
    2. keep it hotter than ever! i like the series... more hot girls!
    3. please get rule book asap!

formula d rocks! thanks!

charlie!

Comment

We are tentatively planning 6 events next year. Two new locations and some new dates. New rule book will be announced right around SEMA.

http://www.vmhouse.com/fd/emails/fd.html

That is the link to the latest event materials for FD specifically.

Comment

Any chance of bring 1 of the big events to the Northeast coast?

Comment

Yes, that is one of the planned areas to take a round

Comment

Are there going to be separate classes like at an Auto-X?

Comment

Are you guys concern about drivers that attended your events and started drifting in the streets? Do you want parents pointing their fingers to "illegal import scene" again?

If yes, can you please explain what steps are being done do prevent illegal activities?

If no, can you explain why?
              +++++++++++
              What are FDs main goals as far as presenting Drifting to the public eyes?
              +++++++++++

also, the "its up to the driver" explaination will not cut it. I know everyone is responsible for their own actions. But, what are the "public figures" doing about it, is the question.

Also, I know you guys are sponsoring local tracks (i think dailydrift) but can you elaborate on it more? like what are your future plans.

Thanks.

Comment

Are there going to be separate classes like at an Auto-X?
                We have not planned on this for next year but is something that we have talked about.

Are you guys concern about drivers that attended your events and started drifting in the streets? Do you want parents pointing their fingers to "illegal import scene" again?
                We are absolutely concerned about drifting on the streets. People should know that we do not condone that. There are irresponsible people out there that will do these things and they ruin it for everyone. That will not keep us from having new events where we can though. Through those channels we will try to promote where people can go and drift safely.

What are FDs main goals as far as presenting Drifting to the public eyes?
                At this point we are still trying to promote what drifting is. Though we all know about it and it has touched the mainstream in some ways (WallStreet Journal, USA today, CNN, etc) Not everyone has access to it nor do we have the resources to do everything we want. However we are taking the steps we can. The events are one thing but we also are trying to coordinate practice/media events with FD drivers (we have one planned before Irwindale) to show from an aesthetic standpoint what drifting is. Information about the lineage of drifting and what FD is is distributed to these outlets in hope that people can see it for what it is.

also, the "its up to the driver" explaination will not cut it. I know everyone is responsible for their own actions. But, what are the "public figures" doing about it, is the question.
                I'm not sure what you mean here, but if you are referring to the previous question then I would say that drivers, team managers, FD staff and sponsors are all public figures in a way, especially drivers. There is a general consensus amongst that group about drifting and we have an open ear to what is out there and what we feel is right. We find these things through conversations with sponsors, drivers and anyone that is a fan of drifting. There is always an open ear over here. Also many FD drivers have spoken out of drifting on the streets and have made their opinions on it clear. Keep it on the track.

Also, I know you guys are sponsoring local tracks (i think dailydrift) but can you elaborate on it more? like what are your future plans.
                Again I am not sure what you mean here but we absolutely support groups like Daily Drifter and Club 4 AG. These guys make access to drifting easy and affordable. We defintely try to support them and make their events more available anyway we can. Something that there has been a lot of discussion about is these groups banding closer together to develop ladder programs and licensing as well. We are defintely open to this and think it will be part of the process as we move forward.

Let me know if I did not answer what you were looking for

Comment

Can you guys put out an event at Phoenix International Raceway? That way, people from Arizona, California, AND Texas can come to watch. People from Texas will have less trouble going to AZ then to CA, which could attract more spectators.

Comment

Can you guys put out an event at Phoenix International Raceway? That way, people from Arizona, California, AND Texas can come to watch. People from Texas will have less trouble going to AZ then to CA, which could attract more spectators
                    We have looked at AZ. It is not planned as of next year but we may have demos in conjunction with other events. We'll see.

Comment

YAY!

Comment

How much money did you guys make in the last FD season?

Comment

How much money did you guys make in the last FD season?
                          Are you serious? The events are very expensive passions to say the least. I still steal ketchup packets from McDonalds if that helps

Comment

any events comming to or near the tri state ?

Comment

Will there be another event at sears point(infineon? if so around when?

Comment

Working...
                              X