No announcement yet.

Why on Earth a VIPER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also i hate that redneck nascar shite,ya it takes skill to drive that fkn ring of a track but its boring as hell and that is the end of it.yaya i know what some nascar fans are going to say,well to that i say fukk ring racing,to me it is not intresting and never will be,i hope that drifting will never resemble such a boring thing.
    circles ha

Comment

Nascar isn't the extreem of racing, Nascar started just like Drifting did but under shadier circumstances. Old men running moonshine formed together to make the early stages of Nascar. It ballooned from there. But it took 50 years for it to reach the stage it is now and it still isnt the most popular motorsport in the world.

The only reason for bringing up Nascar is that it is the pinnacle of American motorsports. The top cheese here in the states. But Drifting is rapidly following it. Drifting appeals to every redneck just the same as every one of us. Fast cars getting crazy. At least to the untrained eye it looks like craziness. So it appeals to them as well as us but for a little different reasons. So it stands to reason that automakers will get into it and make their mark.

You also have to understand that this will also re-ignite the rivalry in the sport. Us vs them. Insanely stupid and childish but
      it is a rivalry that Americans have followed since the debut of the Japanese car on American soil. Who cares that most of everyones cars are made here and all over the world. There is no such thing really anymore, except for a couple, as a domestic car anymore. Just domestic brands. So people will rally behind these automakers and their "Foreign" beating car. You guys fail to see the heights that this sport can soar too. It is a junior Nascar, a much smaller version of that. It has every component for hugeness. It has a foreign contingent of competitors, foreign vehicles, big action, hot young girls and loads of tire smoke.

It's when the cigarette companies get into sponsership, thats when its out of control.

Oh and NRGDRFT, you watch D1? It's already at the oval stages. Just a litte broken in the middle. Like the infield at Atlanta Motor Speedway but not near as many turns.

Comment

yes but like i said Nascar is only one extream example of what could be. The fact is all of the small japanese tuner companys who are sponsoring teams will have a say in how it turns out as well, not tomention us fans. And if it ever does turn into Dascar (d for drift) ill start my own drifting leauge. call it like Real Drift or something (R is for Robert!... err or real)

Comment

You missunderstand ghost, I ment Nascar was the extream of sponsorship, not the extream of racing. I think that honor falls on drifting its self.. Well actualy rally racing is pretty much the extream

Thats something else to look at, Manufacturers sponsor rally cars. but thanks to tough homologation rules (at least they used to be) they sold the Evo and Sti on the streets. and finally were getting them now.

So who knows it could go in that direction

Comment

I would love to agree with you there but you are wrong. I'l tell you why. The small tuner companies will have absolutely no say in how Drifting goes. Reason being is that it is on American soil now brother. We are well known for doing what we want, when we want and how we want. So we will do it our way and if they don't like it then they will be barred from the competition that they created and were gracious enough to bring to our soil. You and I will also have no say where it goes because, even though we are americans, we are little guys and don't own corperations. Maybe if you get some sponsership and recognition you might have some say but until then, we got jack. Let's just hope they do it right.

Reality sucks but there it is.

I sure hope you are right about the selling of cars. I think you are and there would be no way to do it any other way. Drift on Sunday, sell on Monday would work well for Drifting.

Comment

thats why i didnt like the idea of that sort of huge money involved, i prefer to keep it with smaller shops and just tire companys. for that reason exactly.

Well even so, they can take drifting however they want, ill keep drifting real cars on the... controlled environments

and yeah tabacco companys... i think i would boo one of them. Im just not a big fan of them to begin with.

Comment

SCCA will bugger it up just like theyve done with there club racing(least there getting there pro racing down)
                So its up to the little guys with the track events and such to make it how it should be...dont look to D1 as the be all and end all of drifting. look to the grass roots lever drifters as the true back boan and spirit of drifting because no matter how much money they sped at D1 the real money comes from the normal joe's buying parts for there car...so thats what the sponcer ship and advertising will try to bend twards...so you have to make your choice with education and your pocket book

Comment

fuk k all this bull man,no cancer stik sponsorships,no *Censored**Censored**Censored* ovals,andno viper thats the way i would like it,yes ghosty i have seen them on oval but i am talking like on car trying to drift the entirety of that simple minded tarmac oval

Comment

vipers are more easy to loose control of than most cars cuz most of the weight is in the front of the car. I think it will be more easy to spin out compaired to the lighter more balanced jap cars

Comment

Neon u say?...ok here's the deal I drive an 04 Dodge Neon SXT...ya and I like it, no I don't drift it for a number of reason's A) its my everyday car, lol so automatic B) in tight corners there is an over amount on body weight shift, the tail end likes to trail uncontrolably...I don't know maybe some people can work with that, and over all the car is very narrow. IT can be drifted, but it would need alot. As for the SRT-4 (which obviosuly im a fan of) it is an incredible car. 230HP DOHC 2.4 liter turbo charged 0-60 in 5.9 seconds or less and a quarter mile time of just under 14.9. As for it just being a "neon" its bulit on the viper chasis, wider, longer, hugs the corners, but yes is based off the neon design. For the price and realitive "IN-COG-NITO" it presents on the streets (u gotta look twice to make sure it isn't just a super tuned riced out neon). If you doubt that "chick" car or not....just rememeber what they said about the miata

Comment

what does it really matter if a viper is sponsored??? Or the fact that Rhys can re engineer his car for more performance? As long as it's within the rules then it's cool by me. If the viewers think a tube frame car is unfair, then they should take it up with the regulating body's that govern the series. If your voice is loud enough it will be heard. Sponsor money is good, it brings the compeition to a higher level. If your not apt to run in the pro series, then keep on practicing until you do get good enough. If Formula D is considered the American pro series then the drivers will need to have their skill level perform good on an international level.

It's the same with F1, if you can't afford to have a car in F1, then go to F3000, if you still can't afford it, then go to go carts... There are various levels for everyone starting from grassroots to pro. In this instance we are talking pro level, it doesn't affect the majority of people out there, other than entertainment value. You can't look at the drifting scene as a whole and say that someone being sponsored by OEM is bad, it's too broad and too ignorant.

Comment

swifty i think what the big thing is is that right now the pro level people are running cars that we can and in a lot of cases do drive, i mean look at ueo with his 86, what other motorsport could you see a car that's almost 20 years old and for the most part very affordable to people (inflated prices thanks to initial d not withstanding) competing at the highest level of competition

Comment

you know, im really sick of being called ignorant because i dont agree with someone. Its rude and frankly i believe undeserved.

Now as for it effecting entertainment, i think it does. Every step they take to making the cars less and less real, takes away from some of the fun. Why dont they all just drift the exact same tube frame one off car. that no one can purchase anywere?

Comment

Sure there are unique situations, and Ueo is following spec rules according to the D1 series. Apples and Oranges. Veilside is also talking about building a 800hp power drifting supra. Is that fair? How many people can afford to dump that much money into a race car anyway? I'm just saying that as long as the cars are built to regulations, then all is fair in the game of love & war.

Comment

yeah as long as they stay in the regulations, those regulations say the cars have to be registered and legal (smog restrictions aside) We are partly talking about the possibility of a big company like dodge having enough enfluence to change the rules. Especialy like in my senario, when the bosses realize they spent a quarter of a million dollars and didnt win (like the GTO. except they didnt spend that much) and use there influence to have rules changed. i as a fan will do what i can to prevent it from going into that level.

as for top secret building a 800 hp drifting supra, thats stupid. you dont need 800 hp to drift, hell once you have enough power to keep the tires spinning thats pretty much all you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X