No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love your style, tarik...its really nice and smooth man...its gonna be pretty chill seein ya this janurary man!

edit: atleast you guys in the states get to drive ANYWHERE when you're 16..while i have to wait another year to beable to drive offbase at 18...for now its underage sneaking...and cops over here like to harass Y license plates if we're doin somethin offbase but we only get warnings
    Last edited by markeese180sx; 08-15-2004, 06:19 AM.

Comment

allblackS14
      That is young, 22.
      How much did you spend on your car? An s14 with a mild mods like the one your driving there will run you about 15k to build and 6 months of waiting time here. The car is a big part of learning to drift, most here have to learn with a badly setup car to begin with, then when they finally get their car built up, they have to relearn every thing again since the driving style is so different.

case
      Yes, on the mountain you dont want to go full out. On the track you can push you car much harder without worring about crashing it so much. I highly suggest doing some grip on a road curcuit as it will teach you race line and how to adjust where you are on track. Nasa is a great place to do this.
      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Alex, what other forms of racing have you done? You sound like you have a ton of experience with autocross, road racing, etc...

Matt.

Comment

hey alex,

what coilovers would you buy for an s14? what if price wasnt an issue?
          Last edited by BENJO; 08-16-2004, 10:32 AM.

Comment

alex, when will there be cliffnotes for your life story?

Comment

Alex,

Is it smart to learn to Drift or drive Touge with an airbag? Will it explode every time I scrape, tap, or lightly hit a curb or gaurdrail?

Comment

besides being idolized by many who do you idolize?
                Alex you Kick! and you're the coolest! keep up the good work man

and how do you feel about JGTC finally making its way to US soil?

Comment

Originally posted by case
                  I'm thinking it might be the power steering - I notice when i'm at idle, if i turn the wheel completely to full lock, the motor bogs and sounds like it's going to die, and the power steering motor makes whining sounds (more than usual). it's also possible it's just my suspension setup, or the lack of a LSD.
                  Case,

The problem you described is what alot of people have and it isn't your problem, It happens to my s4 GTU and it makes nasty noises, same with other friends of mine with FC's. My GTU feels so much smoother than my sport because it has LSD, that could possibly be your prob, I got Illumina/Tanabe and a Great locking lsd. Right now my clutch is slipping very bad and i'm having some cooling issues (Eats coolant, need pressure test). Oh yeah I took off my ps belt for DD18 and I got a very good feel for it, at DD17 I had PS on my sport and it felt pretty good. My instructor (FC owner) told me I should run ps, but I think I won't now. Alex drove my car and said it felt really rough (255's on front, stock TII rims on rear)

Now Alex: Remember the "FC Guru" Who is he? I really need to ask him where I can find some Camber Plates, I can't find any for my FC, and I wanted to know about Toe eliminators and see if they'll be better for me for drifting, people have told me it is pretty good for it. Those 2 things, Koyo and my Drift Clutch From Max Misawa and i'll be tearing up the track big time! See ya at DD20 Alex!

-Andrew

BTW I'm 16 Alex, Talk about young Next drift day you'll see what I can really do
                  Last edited by FC3SGTU; 08-15-2004, 06:16 PM.

Comment

FC3SGTU: sorry I missed your IM, I was on the phone at the time and away from the computer. I added you to my buddy list, so IM me anytime. Knight Sports makes camber plates for the FC, I purchased mine off ebay for $177 shipped. Also, check out racingbeat.com - they make the rear toe eliminators you're looking for, and they sell for $40 for the pair. Your problem with eating coolant sounds more like a problem with your coolant seals, or possibly your thermostat. You will want to replace your thermostat if you haven't done it recently, and if you haven't had a rebuild in about 40k/60k miles, you'll want to get at least a refresh kit to have your coolant and oil seals replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                      allblackS14
                      That is young, 22.
                      How much did you spend on your car? An s14 with a mild mods like the one your driving there will run you about 15k to build and 6 months of waiting time here. The car is a big part of learning to drift, most here have to learn with a badly setup car to begin with, then when they finally get their car built up, they have to relearn every thing again since the driving style is so different.

case
                      Yes, on the mountain you dont want to go full out. On the track you can push you car much harder without worring about crashing it so much. I highly suggest doing some grip on a road curcuit as it will teach you race line and how to adjust where you are on track. Nasa is a great place to do this.
                      Alex: i bought the car with the blacktop SR20DET for 3200. As of right now i have invested about 10k in it. It looks nothing like the video you saw..it has an RB20DET in it now. Tuned. Gp Sports G-four body kit, 19 in work meisters. I actually sold it to my brother in NJ. It will be arriving there in December hopefully. It leaves the port in Tokyo the week before Thanksgiving. Look for it at shows throughout the east coast. I think it will be one of only a few genuine Nissan Silvia S14's in the country..correct me if im wrong cause thats a big statement lol

Comment

Are you going to come back to Hawaii?

Comment

Craftsman
                          Ive done everything that ive had an opertunity to run, no matter the cost. One that really got me going but never had a chance to drive was rally. I was able to run the Rim of the World pro rally as a navigator in a ae86. That was a whole new experience since you are always moving from one point to another. I never got a chance to drive in a rally yet and is something i'm looking forward to when i get a chance. The other thing that i would really like to do is sprint cars on dirt ovals.

BENJO
                          K office or RS*R. The RS*R may be harder to get but you can get the k office at autolink. K office has 3 types i think right now, im not sure the differences or which one ive driven on. For the rs*r, you have to get the 2 way adjustable ones, the are both compression and rebound adjustable, very nice and well tuneable.

raemi
                          Cliffnotes? I've taken alot out of that story to make it that short.

driftersil80
                          i personally dont like airbags or cages in a car that you run on touge. If you crash other than straight into the mountain, that airbag comes out and hits you, not the other way. Cages are just another thing to hit with your head when you crash. You may think, "ive got a some distance from it" but you dont realize how much you body gets thrown around in the car when you crash. You have more of a risk of being hurt with a cage in the car.

DrifterN
                          There are a couple people, the main one is Boris Said, he is a race car driver that is just so cool to talk to. Had an opertunity to meet him at the Automobile sideways challenge and hear some of his stories both on and off the track. The next weekend after that, he was in sears point for the nascar event, he was entered in 3 of the 4 main races. He got the pole position for Winston Cup and finished 6th overall, (3 hour race) then jumped into the scca Trans am and ran that race (another hour race) and finished second. The day before he ran a 2 hour race in winston west and he also finished top 10 in that.

FC3SGTU
                          The guru is todd ho, he has some insides to fc's since he has been playing with anything thats had a rotary for years. I would also suggest to put your power sterring belt back on, i know i couldnt drive the car without it, with those 255's on there. Yes, you need a clutch too, real bad. See you at the next dday. Check your motor out also, if your leaking water, thats not a good thing.

allblackS14
                          3200 compaired to 15k is a big difference. For the americans, when the japanese guys come over, its like taking a knife to a gun fight. Thats what we feel like about our cars.

There are a few s14 silvias running around here in cali, im not sure how it is in NJ.

CrazyHawaiian
                          There is so much going on up here that im not sure when I'll have a chance to get home again.
                          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

hey Alex, just wanted to know if you got my message.

Comment

I just want to thank you Alex for taking the time out of your schedule to talk to us on the boards. I really enjoyed your story, and I love hearing about Hawaii. I used to live there but moved here to Texas about a year ago. I have been into drifting for a long time, living in Hawaii and frequently visiting Japan will do that to you, so it's been interesting, for me, to see the sport progress in the Mainland. I'm the only one around here that drifts so, drifting.com is my salvation. Mahalo Alex.

Comment

nice.....boris said accomplished so much! finishing with top honers...thats cool!
                                hey i know you like your 86 but would you ever consider piloting a MarkII/Cresta/or Chaser? in D1 that is....
                                by the way thanks for taking the time to answer the questions

Comment

Working...
                                X