First vehicle i ever drifted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SR_power19
    Why don't you get, say, an s13? It would be faster than the 318 and cheaper, both to buy and insure.
    I would but my dad/mom have an E36 M3 so he is addicted to the brand I believe I am paying atleast 1 grand for the insurance and he's covering the car (being an only child with good grades has, um, "financial advantages ) so I wont complain. It actually weighs 2,500lbs (found that on a BB) so its awfully dam light. And the engine wasnt changed (besides being detuned a bit on E36 models) until around the mid to high 1990's. We had a friend with one that had a S/C on it and it was putting out around 210hp at the crank. Not too shabby.

Comment

it wouldn't surprise me if the jeep could at least keep up with the bimmy. I got to ride right seat in one and wasn't really that impressed. the 4.0liter i6 that's in the grand cherokee is usually found to be about 195hp and 245lb ft of torque at the flywheel (someone dyno'd and did conversions for the torque relative to the hp to prove the factory tq ratings were low). It moves fairly quick. regardless, yes, if i had the money i'd rock it. However, i don't want to have to worry about things like extensive vehicle modification and set up right now, i just want to be able to drive as good as i can and not have to worry about anything but learning as much as i can before i do anything. thus i'll probably end up in a stock as i can get it s13.

Comment

I would but my dad/mom have an E36 M3 so he is addicted to the brand
        m3's are nice, but i wouldn't expect your basic 3 series to hold it's own in the same manner. sorta like me wanting a stock usdm s14 because my parents own a bnr34. I don't dislike bmw really, it's just that the m3 is really the pinnacle of bmw's sedan bracket, and in my opinion, the pinnacle of bmw as a whole, it's really just on an entirely different level. more power to you though, the bimmers seem to be very popular for making sideways smokeys.

Comment

Originally posted by pork_poney
          m3's are nice, but i wouldn't expect your basic 3 series to hold it's own in the same manner. sorta like me wanting a stock usdm s14 because my parents own a bnr34. I don't dislike bmw really, it's just that the m3 is really the pinnacle of bmw's sedan bracket, and in my opinion, the pinnacle of bmw as a whole, it's really just on an entirely different level. more power to you though, the bimmers seem to be very popular for making sideways smokeys.
          Haha, I hear you. I wasnt comparing the 318is with my parents M3 in any way shape or form Considering its got just about twice as much horsepower as the 318's. Not to mention we took the baffling out of the intake and have s Turner Motorsports underdrive pulley "power" kit. Then it has Bilstein shocks, H&R springs, adjustable rear control arms, 10mm wheel spacers up front, an X-brace, and a few other minor mods.

My dad takes it out to the track with the local bmw club, which is what I plan to do when I have my liscense

Here's a pic or two of the 318, I've been talkin a lot about it so what the hell, why not? We also have 2 black Recaro racing seats waiting to be installed in it..Hehe.

It has some pretty nice OZ Racing 5-spokes on it:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
            Yeah, we drove it and if you think his jeep is faster you are probablly wrong. I am going to put money into it but not a ton. I am still 15 (obviously i still dont have my "real" liscense) so I dont really give a crap if its not extremely fast. Think a soon to be 16 year old could afford insurance on a car with 230+hp or whatever you consider fast?

I didn't think so either.

EDIT:
            One more thing lol, it weighs in at a not so hefty 2600lbs I believe, so it doesnt take too much pony power for it to fairly quick
            You could swing the insurance, it would just hurt a bit. I bet you it's not a whole lot more than a 325 than a 318.

And no, I'm probably not wrong. 318's are slow. Jeeps, although somewhat cumbersome, have quite a bit of grunt. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them run fairly close to each other.

230+ hp fast? Eh....no, not usually. It depends on the car. 230 hp in a car like my GTI is pretty quick. 230 in my camaro isn't much of a thrill. I would consider a car like my buddy's camaro with it's 383 and 100 shot to be pretty fast, making about 500 horse on the bottle. In a car like your e30, you'll need to put down about 300 before I'd praise it as fast.

It is however a good looking, tastefull car. I would definately rock it...slowly

Comment

haha.

rock it slowly...

i like that.

yeah, parry, i mostly agree with you. while 230 in a bimmer probably isn't too shabby, faster than anything we own, it's still nothing spectacular. but then you don't need spectacular amounts of power to get sideways. and i do agree, i think the jeep and the beem would hang relatively close to each other.

that would be an interesting race, lol. We might have to arrange this...

Comment

Hey this is the first thing i ever drifted Minus the lights and that other junk.

amazing what a RWD 400c.i v8 van can do in the snow

Comment

damn tripod Here

Comment

hahaha.

fire police, sucka', that's ballin'.

I say you rock the van and i'll mount some weighted spinners on the jeep and we'll take d1 by storm. nothing says tandem like 11000lbs.

Comment

Yeah we dont have it anymore but man that thing was fun. More torque than a tugboat and only got 6mpg highway and city

Comment

I remember doing whacky slides in my old '72 Ford F250 in the mud and grass. I mean yeah it was a big truck, and yeah it was auto, but when you straight dont give a F*** its really easy to pull of some wild slides hahaha. The best part is laughing at your friend as all the mud kicks up through the rust hole in the floorpan and gets his legs all muddy.

Comment

haha yeah thats like when i gave a friend a ride home form work one day. as i dropped him off i kinda shot mud all over him an acceident ofcourse

Comment

driftin jeeps

I got a low quality video of my jeep drifting in tujunga
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nitroboy24
                              I would but my dad/mom have an E36 M3 so he is addicted to the brand I believe I am paying atleast 1 grand for the insurance and he's covering the car (being an only child with good grades has, um, "financial advantages ) so I wont complain. It actually weighs 2,500lbs (found that on a BB) so its awfully dam light. And the engine wasnt changed (besides being detuned a bit on E36 models) until around the mid to high 1990's. We had a friend with one that had a S/C on it and it was putting out around 210hp at the crank. Not too shabby.
                              are you talking about the E36 M3 making 210hp?

thats abit low isn't it

anyways about the SUV................chop the roof and make a convertable man

Comment

E12

I'm pickin up a 81 528i thats actually a cammed, free flow header 3.2L. It has about 235 hp, silly fast,,
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X