No announcement yet.

Drift WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car is just magnificent. Having a car that hasnt been seen on D1 (Japan) Championship, and it being AWD and than converting it to RWD and than getting a guy like Kumakubo behind the wheel is like a wierd marriage of JDM goodness...... :')

Comment

I'm assuming the air intakes in the rear doors feed a cooler of some type in the trunk....? And, the rear view shows the trunk lid is used to rid the car of the hot air coming through the cooler.....?
      Question: Does anybody know what "cooler" is in the trunk? Is it for the rear Diff or is it the Radiator......?
      Thanks

Comment

I would believe radiatior.

Many cars that have diff's which use oil coolers use very small ones that are mounted below the car. Ill try and find some pictures
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DriftingNewbie; 06-01-2005, 07:54 AM.

Comment

its hard to see, but the Dahlback GTI use's a diff oilcooler. I think i have a few more pictures of drifter's running them. ill look in a sec
          Attached Files

Comment

Diff coolers are stock on 180'sx....Well they are on UK 200SX's anyway..

Comment

Now they need a RWD Evo 8/9 in the d1gp to contend against it.

Comment

Yeah, but Evo's have their engines in wrong wheel drive style! Transversly mounted is soooo wrong!

Comment

Fun to listen to everyone whose b!tching about how they converted an AWD car to RWD. Get over it. It's not like the WRX is the holy grail of AWD cars, if it was say a Z-Tune R34 then yeah that would be a cardinal sin. And should be punished with castration by lobster, it'd be great fun.

That car looks extremely badass and from the pics looks like a great drifter. I'd love to see some video of that thing gettin its slide on.

I can tell you why he didnt got with a Silvia or RX7. He wanted to be original, and he is. How many other rwd Rex's do you see in D1 or drifting anywhere for that matter? Not many at all. In an older SCC there was a *white* WRX that was RWD and thats the only other of its kind I've seen.
                  Last edited by nitroboy24; 06-01-2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

it was a white wrx but that doesnt really matter. nirto hit it totally on the head part of the reason it is so cool is becuse no one else runs one. It is easily the coolest most unique cars any where in the sport of drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
                      it was a white wrx but that doesnt really matter. nirto hit it totally on the head part of the reason it is so cool is becuse no one else runs one. It is easily the coolest most unique cars any where in the sport of drifting.
                      Crap, it was white. I was thinking off the blue wrx that they just did an article on that they jump like 3 feet in the air. Blue/white, close enough

Comment

Some street drifters in Japan use WRX's.......

Comment

My goodness, castration by a lobster........... ouch........ Well whoever brought the point about the Evo drifting, it would be interesting, with all the electronic computer systems the thing has on it. It would be very interesting!!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                            My goodness, castration by a lobster........... ouch........ Well whoever brought the point about the Evo drifting, it would be interesting, with all the electronic computer systems the thing has on it. It would be very interesting!!
                            Yeah, that was the most painful way of losing your manhood I could come up with.

And the older Evo's can drift, I know that for a fact. Just search for "Jun Evo Drift" at yahoo and I guarentee you will find many, many sites with the video of it drifting an apex.

Comment

Yeah man that video was good as. Here in NZ we had a twin turbo VR4 drifting it had been converted to RWD from AWD.

Comment

Originally posted by VR4 EVO O
                                Here in NZ we had a twin turbo VR4.
                                Twin turbo 4-cylinder? How is that possible? Anyways. For anyone thinking of changing their WRX to RWD:
                                http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&highlight=RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X