drifting in japan, 1st mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by driftersil80
    Yea im sure too. Oh and for daily driving GET THE 1.5 WAY!!!! If you get a 2 way, stuff like parallel parking is supposed 2 be almost impossible. But still, I wouldnt personally know because Ive never driven a car w/ a 2 way.
    whoever told you they cant parralel park with a 2 way is an idiot, never talk to them again (your ok, because you admited you dont know). ive been daily driving my 2 way since december and ive long since gotten useto the noise and clunk, but I could always parallel park even the day I got it.

I dont know why such myth surrounds 2 way lsds, everyone was trying to discourage me, but when i realized no one discouraing me had ever had a 2 way lsd, I told them to F off and bought one.

Comment

Nice.........anywayz.....I guess you should get a 2-way then!

Comment

you know what the first thing most people over here in japan do/or should do instead of dropping all their money on a seat, sus and diff only to replace their motor 3 weeks later cause they rushed in...

BASIC MAINTAINANCE... before any of that other stuff... fix the oil/exhaust leaks, change the fluids, bushings, etc... make sure your car is ready to go play first....

then its personal preference which way you go from there...

Comment

Another consideration on the LSD:

I've seen some cusco's that you can switch between 1.5 and 2 way on the rebuild. Saw one for sale here:

http://www.projectnissan.com/shoppin...&idproduct=149
          Anyone know if this is for real?

Comment

i believe cusco is now making them to where you can change betwen 1 1.5 and 2 way by turning sometihng on the pumpkin. sick, probably alot of $ tohugh

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
              i believe cusco is now making them to where you can change betwen 1 1.5 and 2 way by turning sometihng on the pumpkin. sick, probably alot of $ tohugh
              Yeah but switching between 1.5 and 2 for less than 900 bucks? That seems too good to be true...

Comment

hahah its not that new, pretty standard now, its gotten quite easy to switch from 1.5 to 2 way

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
                  just git-r done! drift! practice practice practice!BUT i woulndt practice to much without have a properly set up car you tend to get bad habits from a bad set up!
                  Could you please elaborate on that a bit? I've always figured that if you learned to kick it out on a stock setup (ie: not optimal for drift) then you'd develop better habits because you'd have a harder time getting the tail out from the get-go.

B-Wurm

Comment

well see thats where it can go both ways... myself learned on a sr powered car with suspension no lsd which in my case taught me to drive faster and harder in order to maintain a slide with decent angle and speed now that i welded my diff its way easier but i can still go just as fast but i dont always have to be hard on the throttle to have fun! but then you can always pick up back habits such as e braking when unnessecary liek i did due to only being a one tire fire i used my e brake to adjust the car now with a diff i can use throttle input and better steering input to adjust to the situation

Riley Cahill

Comment

Yea im sure too. Oh and for daily driving GET THE 1.5 WAY!!!! If you get a 2 way, stuff like parallel parking is supposed 2 be almost impossible. But still, I wouldnt personally know because Ive never driven a car w/ a 2 way.

have you ever even driven a car lol?

2way is easy. its nothing. i have one and i can paralel park it no probem. its harder if its on a hil because oyu kinda have to gas it a little and itll try to lock up but you get use to it.

Comment

Heck yes i've driven a car! I will admit, I have not drifted. But, I drive around all of the time. Its not legal driving, but my parents let me commute them around anyways. Lets see....I turn 16 in a year and 2 months so thats when I will probably start attempting drifts. Hopefully by then I can get a 240 w/ coilovers and a diff.

Comment

Heck yes i've driven a car! I will admit, I have not drifted. But, I drive around all of the time. Its not legal driving, but my parents let me commute them around anyways. Lets see....I turn 16 in a year and 2 months so thats when I will probably start attempting drifts. Hopefully by then I can get a 240 w/ coilovers and a diff.

wow, you proved his point, bitchen

Comment

Proved whos point?

Comment

lol rofl

hahaha

Comment

its hard to parallel park if you have a locked diff where it churps the tires in turns no mattter what... unless its going to hell and is wearing down.

Comment

Working...
                                X