Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another repost.

The search button is still your friend.

However, there is quite a lot of good information contained in this thread. Good job, nissanguy and CH.

Comment

a very funny thing to watch is the old caddys and stuff that came without positrack and seeing them smoke one tire at the drags

Comment

Originally posted by 98BlueStang'
        So in the case of grip driving, theororitically, wouldn't the open diff. be a better choice since it allows the outside wheel to spin at a higher velocity thus allowing you car to initiate a shaper line and be able to exit past the apex at a quicker pace (not always speed...)?If power is equally distributed, during a turn the inside wheel would want to turn slower than the outside wheel since the inside wheel has a less distance to travel in the same time than the outside wheel (like 2 different spots on a record), correct? If this is true would the open diff. be a more suitable choice since it allows the two wheels to travel at different speeds and allowing teh car to turn in a shorter distance?

Also for autocrossing and track racing wouldn't this contemplation be just also?
        ill be blunt, no! in an open diff, the inside wheel will spin and get all the power so you wont drift, but at the same time you wont be putting down much power, a losing combination. if you have traction control than an open diff is perfect for grip, otherwise, no. if you dont have traction control (which i hate), you need an electronic diff for that perfect power split between the wheels. if you cant afford that, you need an lsd suited towards the sharpness of corners you will be doing. on sharp turns (like on lots of touges), you want an almost open diff. for long, sweeping, wide bends, you almost want a locked diff (we're only talking grip here, i would never use an open diff for a hairpin, i would use an lsd and just drift around it) i hope this helps and isnt just a repost

Comment

Working...
        X