ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(PREDICTIONS) IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PREDICTIONS) IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY Replacement?

Which venue could replace the IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY if necessary?

I predict people are going to post crazy responses all the way across the country. Choices that wouldnt make sense based on logistics, money, and size of venue.

Comment

Somewhere that doesn't require cones.

Comment

Streets of down town San Francisco.

Comment

No other facility compares to the track facilities, audience capacity, and viewability of Irwindale. There's the reason it's titled "House of Drift". Plus there's a certain aura around the track. When the fans start stomping their feet and chanting for a one-more-time, it's an amazing experience!!

Long Beach and Irwindale are the #1 and #2 best attended locations every year. Atlanta is a very close #3, but it's a completely different atmosphere.

It would be hard to justify any facility outside of SoCal for both the start and finish of the FD season.

Comment

Give Lowes Motor Speedway a try.

Comment

Streets of Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by blu808 View Post
                Streets of down town San Francisco.
                Not sure if there is enough room in SF for this to truely happen, but either way, i'd love to see FD come back to norcal. I know the drivers didn't like infieion, but maybe give a parking lot or airport runway a try. (I have no clue how feezable this is, just an idea.)

Comment

I love Irwindale... so many good memories there... :`(

Comment

The layout used for Summer Jam at Infineon was great. Only issue may be with that is having 100% visibility of beginning to end for spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by Cor Integration View Post
                      The layout used for Summer Jam at Infineon was great. Only issue may be with that is having 100% visibility of beginning to end for spectators.
                      Which turns do they use?

how much room is there for a pit with all the FD big rigs in that part of the track? That was always the biggest problem with Infineon is that they outgrew their pit area (and attendance constantly decreased every year instead of growing like it did at all other tracks)

Comment

I have never been there but what about the Orange Show fairgrounds oval? Too small?

Comment

No more short ovals and parking lots. Plenty of NASCAR tracks have road courses. Utilize them!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                            I have never been there but what about the Orange Show fairgrounds oval? Too small?
                            Sonoma feels like a costco compared to Orange Show being a 7-11. And Sonoma is too small...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUPTg...ailpage#t=120s this is the run layout for Sonoma's summer jam event.

and this is what the spectators see of the run.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XBPS2LYtG7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you only miss us going to 1-2nd gear, you see us well before initiation.

Sonoma drift ftw btw. i honestly thing we have done alot of good footwork raising awareness for drifting lastyear, i dont think there would be too big of an issue getting spectators once they hear FD is back in town. imo i think it would be a good option.
                              Last edited by sytfu; 02-13-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X