kanji symbol for 'drifting'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kanji symbol for 'drifting'

or 'drift racing' or something like that.. i know there's one for touge, which i have.. but i want 'drifting'.. anyone help me out? any of you native japanese people?

thanks in advance

i found this one somewhere on the net which supposedly means drift.. i dunno if it's kanji or what...
    Attached Files

Comment

That says "drift" or do-ri-fu-to in katakana-- katakana is the character set japanese use to translate foreign words (like English words). Kanji is different cause it looks like chinese characters. I'm not sure there is a kanji for 'drift.'

Comment

hmmmm

I don't think there is actual kanji for drifting or for the sport itself.

mostly you'll see dori or dorifuto in katakana as mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by akum6n
          That says "drift" or do-ri-fu-to in katakana-- katakana is the character set japanese use to translate foreign words (like English words). Kanji is different cause it looks like chinese characters. I'm not sure there is a kanji for 'drift.'
          the middle one is hiragana.

Do you have japanese support?

ƒhƒŠƒtƒg=drift. Also in my custom title..
          ƒhƒŠƒLƒ“Drift King
          ŽR=mountain
          “»pass

Explain enough.You'll only be able to see this if your comp supports japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by SHIFT_drift
            i found this one somewhere on the net which supposedly means drift.. i dunno if it's kanji or what...
            That is all Katakana. the 'ri' Hiragana, and Katakana look the same.

Comment

^ The whole thing is Katakana. Hiragana and Katakana use a very similar character for, "Ri" but it isn't the same. As the person above me just said...damn these slow fingers.

There is no kanji for, "drift" in the context that you are talking about. I'm not even sure why you're asking, I mean, why would you want to be another fool on the street with kanji that you can't read yourself? Seriously, it just looks bad.

Comment

Originally posted by VRDjr
                ^ The whole thing is Katakana. Hiragana and Katakana use a very similar character for, "Ri" but it isn't the same. As the person above me just said...damn these slow fingers.

There is no kanji for, "drift" in the context that you are talking about. I'm not even sure why you're asking, I mean, why would you want to be another fool on the street with kanji that you can't read yourself? Seriously, it just looks bad.
                exactizzlely...drifting is a foreign word and thats why its in katakana

Comment

Touge has a kanji for it because it meens mountain road. Drift is a western word that is spelled in romaji. Romaji is written in Katakana and sometimes Hiragana to be diffewrent like sighns, and adds.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                    Touge has a kanji for it because it meens mountain road. Drift is a western word that is spelled in romaji. Romaji is written in Katakana and sometimes Hiragana to be diffewrent like sighns, and adds.
                    hai domo

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                      hai domo
                      wassup I just bought another s13 for a 100 let me know when you ready for a car.

Comment

for a 100? how much could you sell it to me for? pm me with the specs if ya can +price to ship it down and all that good stuff

Comment

for a 100? how much could you sell it to me for? pm me with the specs if ya can +price to ship it down and all that good stuff
                          Dude I bought it for its parts. Sr20 de no turbi, auto, but it has the projecter headlights and a clean interior. Runs good but far from a drift car.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                            Dude I bought it for its parts. Sr20 de no turbi, auto, but it has the projecter headlights and a clean interior. Runs good but far from a drift car.

how much cheaper would it be if i were going to buy from you and have it drive down to kanagawa..rather than buying an over priced one here?

Comment

how much cheaper would it be if i were going to buy from you and have it drive down to kanagawa..rather than buying an over priced one here?
                              lots

Comment

Working...
                              X