Where can I get an s13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get an s13?

Hey I was wondering where what companies can import a JDM S13 to the US? Any websites or phone numbers will help!

www.j-garage.com or just try using a search engine.

Comment

Re: Where can I get an s13?

Originally posted by silviafreak
      Hey I was wondering where what companies can import a JDM S13 to the US? Any websites or phone numbers will help!
      Just buy a 240sx and swap the motor. Or you can import a JDM silvia and have it stuck in customs like I did.

Comment

How long has it been stuck in customs and why. what have they been doing with it?

Comment

How long has it been stuck in customs and why. what have they been doing with it?
          It sat in Jacksonville customs for 2 years then it was moved to the port of Tampa where it sits to this day. Two Silvias actually, 98 K's and 93 K's.

They cannot leave the custom yard unless cut in half or sent back to Japan.

Comment

How pray tell did you end up with that end of the stick?

Comment

why is it in customs couldnt u have jst gotten it registered or wat?
              who imported it fo u?

Comment

why is it in customs couldnt u have jst gotten it registered or wat?
                who imported it fo u?
                It has alot to do with DOT and EPA issues.
                Alot of legal garbage that I don't want to type out.

Read this http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

It's what Motorex had to do just to make Skylines legal.

Comment

One thing. S13 though specificly refers to the CA18DE/T powered Silvia Coupe, genericly refers to all S13 varients. Be they the ka24DE powered 240sx hatchback or a sr20det powered coupe. S13 is the least specific way to refer to any of the S 13 chassis cars. You should be more specific in the future.

American S13s either the HS13 Ka24E 240 coupe, the MS13 ka24de 240 coupe or the RHS13 Ka24E 240 fastback, the RMS13 ka24de 240 fastback. Can be purchased at any used car yard or from any neighbor who is selling one... just ask around, they are very common cars, selling as many as 250 thousand a year.

Comment

Shin, couldnt you have imported them as show cars (under 3k miles a year) or is the govt not giving out those VINs anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
                      Shin, couldnt you have imported them as show cars (under 3k miles a year) or is the govt not giving out those VINs anymore?
                      yeah Shin, you have put it under off-road car for show only...i was thinking of doing that for a fd i found but i need a importer to bring the car over to the states and then found another person or a carrier or something like that.......anyone got any info on shipping over a car...

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                        yeah Shin, you have put it under off-road car for show only...i was thinking of doing that for a fd i found but i need a importer to bring the car over to the states and then found another person or a carrier or something like that.......anyone got any info on shipping over a car...
                        Off road use is easier said than done. They aren't just gonna release it with a promise of "I'm never gonna drive it on the street" It doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

Interestingly enough, I had a conversation with one of the port customs brokers and he told me a story of a Ferrari in Europe that someone tried to import, and it WAS car with a full racing pedigree. Even though it was something that obviously couldn't be road driven the DOT and EPA still would not allow the car into the country.

All the JDM cars you see in California are brought in through containers containing engine parts just in case you are wondering how they are getting through. Less than 4% of all containers entering the U.S are checked. And besides, you think they are gonna move hundreds and hundreds of pounds of stuff on every container that comes in just to check the entire contents?

Comment

hey this is probably wicked illegal, but I'll help you steal them out of customs, a little smokey and the bandit action? lol. just kidding. but have you visited them? will they even let you see them? that really sucks though 2 years is a long time.

Comment

cut in half?!?! wtf sense does that make? Here's I what I don't get, If they would just let people import em' then they could make money off of them. It would be big business, and create a whole new set of taxes for them to charge us. You would think they would be happy to let us import stuff.

By cut in half do they mean destroyed? or will they let you cut them? Because you could get a custom shop to torch it in half and put it back together at their shop, good as new. probably alot of money but at least you would have your cars.

Comment

redtop

I got mine from totaljdm.com ......their a great all around company they email you almost everyday to let you know where your engine is and whats going on with it...great customer service...and they inspect it and it wont leave for shipping until it passes all of its tests.....its good stuff
                              Im not sure what other companys are like with this stuff....but this one has some good feedback on it

Comment

Working...
                              X