• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems w/ GT5:
    -Cars sound like vacuum cleaners
    -Drifting with a controller is near, if not impossible
    -There isn't an advanced tuning interface, just upgrades
    -Only about 200 cars actually have cockpit view and are detailed, the other 800 aren't very detailed and have no cockpit view
    -There isn't a strong online drifting community
    -Very minimal visual customization, cars don't feel like mine. They feel fairly generic
    -No storefront or any form of file sharing
    -Not the easiest navigation, somewhat complicated UI
    -Not realistic damage at all, I basically bounce off walls like a ping pong ball

Problems w/ Forza
    -Only about half the cars of GT5 (All fully detailed and w/ cockpit view though)
    -No rally racing
    -Jeremy Clarkson is the "narrator" of sorts, and talks way too much. (This is as bad as the other 2 problems combined)

I prefer Forza over GT, and I've played GT since the first game came out on PS1. I've only played Forza since I got Forza 2 with my 360. The entire reason I ever got into drifting was because I wanted to get the Drift Lap achievement in Forza 3 and I instantly fell in love with it. I'm now one of the best in the world at it, I have near top scores on the leaderboards on nearly every track, and I'm getting my license soon and plan on getting into the real thing and moving away from video games, all because of one achievement

Comment

you REALLy have no clue. oh and its over 270 cars and all 800+ standard cars now have some form of crude interior. online community for drifting is huge, 70+ of a random 100 rooms is drift rooms, if you cant get over the fact you cant put stickers on a car.... forza is definitely where you need to be. if you cant navigate the interface that has been the same for many many moons, well sir... i dont know what to tell you. damage, LMAO... you think forza doesnt bounce off walls like pingpong balls?
      but whocares..... REAL LIFE > Forza + GT5

Comment

@ sytfu

aaand that's console racing for you, but its cheaper than upgrading my PC for some of the sim-racing programs that you can drift with as well. Maybe someday, but for now my extra money is going into the build. When I'm waiting on parts and I need to get my fix then yes by far either GT5 or Forza 4 is the next best thing. NOTHING can replace real seat time, but any driver can't doubt its great to have a racing game to drift with for fun with a sim wheel setup.

Oh yeah. I can play Richard Burns Rally on my PC. If you want insane realism then that's a challenge for anyone.
        Nothing like taking one turn a hair too fast, clipping a tree then being told your race is over cause you broke your wheel, suspension, brakes, etc.:O
        Last edited by Lifer; 05-06-2012, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X