No announcement yet.

your first DRIFT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first was at an Autocross event. Totally unintentional, and I lost about 4 seconds worth of time on this back LOOOONG left had sweeper. But damn if it didn't feel good. I had over corrected my steering about half way through the turn and lost the back end of the car. Revering back to my AWD days, I mashed the gas pedal to the floor, and countersteered. Needless to say, this put the car sideways and into a drift. I was a little scared, cause this same thing had happened on an eariler run, and I spun the car. Anyway, I stuck this one, and the crowd (well the guys from my car club) loved it and were cheering. Everyone else was kinda like..."man, he just lost a load of time..".

Comment

quite small oversteer, but exciting at the same time.

Comment

Well, my first time was unintentional...

I was driving up to a friends house on a mountain, hit a patch of water that I didn't see, and started to lose traction to the rear. It was a two way street, going uphill, on an S-curve...if I didn't countersteer fast enough I would have hit an SUV going downhill and probably fallen off the road. However, I was able to countersteer, and steered straight into the mountain. Busted my right front tire and axles and such. It was scary as hell, but I must admit...it was an adrenaline rush.

Comment

Come to think of it, I think my first "drift" was technically on a Kawasaki four-wheeler with me trying to get the rear wheels to skid on a 90-degree corner on my street...

I think they might have slipped a little, but I was afraid that if I pushed it any harder I would flip it. Bad idea, especially seeing as how I didn't even OWN a four-wheeling helmet.

Oh well, it's still fun to go full-throttle up and down my street.

It feels like you're going extremely fast, but that's really because of the noise, the fact that's it's not very stable at high-speed (it's not a racing four-wheeler, it's a hunting-use one).

Maybe it just has a lot of torque... I don't know. But I don't think I was going any faster than 45.

Comment

my first drift happened about a month ago, i was taking out the 280zx i had just bought, and me and my buddy were driving around, i pretty much did just powerslides all night because i was kindof scared, but then it started to rain and i was coming up on this curve down a road which led to my school. i was going about 35-40 and tried to think back to mranlets technique post
            i started getting scared but i braked pretty hard early and i turned the wheel the car started sliding around the corner and me and my friend were SO scared lol. countersteered and once i got around the corner, my car started to spin, and i pulled my ebrake and the car stopped spinning, was kinda jerky towards the end but i did it
            the scariest part had to have been the front end being so close to the curb i couldn't see it.
            i wish i had access to the school security camera videos, i'd like to see that drift from outside of the cockpit

Comment

hahah it was quite odd b/c i was doing some street drag ricing, and at the end of the 1/4 it start to turn and i did not give up until the end, i dont like it when people turn on their hazards as soon as they leave the line hahahha, anyways at the end of the street it starts to curn and well i got what the king likes to call a dynamic drift right??? well it was quick and scary as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*! but after that i jsut wanted to try it again. Ofcourse pegleg

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyrie
                I could think of another first that most people would describe as exactly the same
                omg, lmao

thatbwas the funiest post i have ever read
                initiated by power haha
                lol

definantly funiest post ever

Comment

Someone finally gets it.

Comment

I learned to drift in the dirt around a short track oval kart race, but my first real drift in a car was at a local short track asphalt race, the track is 3/8 mile long and its more corner than straight away. The race had been rained out and alot of the crew guys decided to have a what they call a drift contest since the track was wet and it was still raining, one of the crew members brought out his old 4 door caprice that didnt even have positraction, or a windshield and it had a ragged out stock motor, in fact the only thing it did have was a speedo and a Cage . Well we had the little contest and i waxed them, i would throw it in the corner at like 60mph and drifted it all the way around the other side of the track, i could have kept it goin but the car had the power of a hybrid. A couple weeks later we went to another short track dirt kart race and we took a 125cc kart asphalt kart and raced it in the run what u brung class, i drifted that kart around the whole track and man talk about fun i could drive that kart anywhere , i still ended up winning the race, and i also killed everybody else in the process.

Comment

one time when i was first started racing i when to infineon to drag racing after that theres a short track(very curvy) so i drift there damn one of the best day...

Comment

my dad always did crazy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in his cars.....so when i got a 86 accord i would ebrake that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in parking lots.....did pretty damn well for a stock 86 accord with blown shocks.

haha

Comment

Backwards off a cliff, stopped by an oak tree on the way down. in a 2000 mustang GT.

Comment

I recently did my first drift in a silly honda suv. It snowed all night (god i love Minnesota) and there was a nicely packed coat of snow on my culdesac. My mom wanted me to pull the car out so she could bring the garbage cans into the garage, so I took the beast out into the culdesac and at about 10 mph i got the arse to slide out. Then I backed up into the big circular area facing opposite my driveway and whipped a pretty slow and stupid (but uber fun) sh!tty before i pulled back in.

Comment

Ah yes I believe I was racing my 86' on laguna seca it felt so good I dropped the controller right on the floor No I remember it well actually, I was on the freeway smokin a cig and playin my music real loud when i got a phone call so I put the phone to my ear and then went to turn the music down to hear better and then put the cig out for a free hand,but then the phone fell so I went to pick it up, looked up and was halfway in the other lane, being I was 15 at the time I acted exactly like a woman would and freaked out and jerked the steering wheel completely causing the car to powerslide and pretty much did a "feint" or "inertia" drift. I barely came out of it just in time to look to my right and see a carload of chicks laughing at me. My friend who was still on the phone was even laughin at me.

Comment

Took out a fire hidrant. enough said.

Comment

Working...
                                X