S14 Simple Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 Simple Question

Hey sorry for the noob thing here. I drive a 95 s14. Couldnt afford coilovers so my mods so far include:
    -tokico struts and shocks
    -tein lowering springs
    -upgraded sway bar endlinks
    -front and rear struts
    -cold air intake
    -lame catback exhaust(previous owners only donation)
    -some diamond racind superspuns

ok so my question is: ive been drifting, but just cant keep my drifts for too long. i just bought a spare differential that im thinking about weldind up and installing. (i have a pro that will do it for me, EXPERIENCED). Im just wanting to know, will that give me the edge i need? i really dont wanna worry about power right now, i just want a solid base to learn on. will the welded diff get me where i need to be without me worrying about power right now?

Welded diff or a LSD will definitely help out alot

I always suggest going with LSD first since the transition from welded to LSD is harder/scarier then the versa.

Look into some tie rods and upgraded control arms as well. Read up about alignment settings.

Comment

You definitely want a 2-way LSD eventually, but it's a lot more expensive. To start off and learn, a welded diff is fine and you can always swap it back out later (It's just a ton of work and really heavy to work with).

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        Welded diff or a LSD will definitely help out alot

I always suggest going with LSD first since the transition from welded to LSD is harder/scarier then the versa.

Look into some tie rods and upgraded control arms as well. Read up about alignment settings.
        I agree.As for a lsd or welded diff i would go with lsd.If you wanna daily drive the car your gonna be better off with a lsd.You can daily drive it with a welded diff but lsd is a little more safer/reliable.If drifting is something you are gonna stick with a keep doing your best bet is to just go ahead and get the lsd.

Comment

Working...
        X