Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Karnage - Dean "Karnage" Kearney

Howdy Folks!

Just a quick introduction as a lot of you may be already familiar with Team Karnage or more commonly Dean "Karnage" Kearney!

Be sure to check out my new website blog at www.deankearney.com where i will be keeping all my movements updated regularly from each Prodrift event, demo, or anything interesting and worth a mention that i get up to!!

My Maxxis Tyres S13 is just after getting fresh graphics so will be getting a photoshoot done pretty much ASAP with Prodrift resident photographer Paddy McGrath. No doubt the pics will be sublime and will also be the final piece in the website jigsaw for some quality headers to make it look all purdy.

Feel free to also add me as a pal on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/DeanKarnageKearney

Or for all you twitter'ers out there follow me too!!
    www.twitter.com/deankarnage

Thanks for reading and i look forward to hearing from you all.

Team Karnage.
    Last edited by Team Karnage; 07-03-2009, 04:56 PM.

Team Karnage will be present this weekend at the Modified Motors Live car show in Co. Cork, Ireland. Dean Karnage has yet to decide whether he will be driving his Maxxis Tyres S13 for the Prodrift demonstration that will be held that day or if he will have the pleasure of driving the freshly finished Monster Energy Prodrift Academy car.

For further details on both the Prodrift Academy drift school or Dean Karnage Kearney check out the following websites:

Prodrift Series » About

deankearney.com

Comment

Monster!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
        Monster!!!
        Yep, Monster Energy are a series sponsor of the Prodriftseries and with that they get Monster Energy coverage on all competitors cars (doorcard) and Prodrift will be running 2 Monster Energy Academy cars for the Prodrift Academy school.

This will be the first time that the Monster Energy Academy car is used at a show for demonstration purposes. We are still surprised that Monster Energy has yet to open up to the drift scene in the USA. Considering Redbull, NOS and Rock* already have.

Comment

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THAT!!!!

Monster energy would look so good on JTPs/Bergenholtz RX8!!

Nice to see you guys gaining quality sponsors over there

Monster USA, you guys got love for drifting?

Comment

Ok guys,

Straight off the back of doing Prodrift demonstration at Modified Motors Live in Prodrift Series hometown of Co. Cork, Ireland i was summonsed by the one and only Paddy McGrath from pmcgphotos.com to get my car spit shined and polished up for the 2009 official photos of my Maxxis Tyres S13.

Needless to say the results are sublime so please everyone check out this mans talents....If he can make my car look a million bucks then hes deffo worth his weight in gold!!

http://www.prodriftseries.com/2009/0...ve-photoshoot/

As you are admiring these shots i am currently doing final preperations for my weekend trip across the pond to compete in the JDM Allstars Wembley tournament where i hope to do all my sponsors proud especially Maxxis who i believe are out here in force this weekend with all the suits and big guns!! Let the Karnage commence!!

Dean Karnage.
            www.deankearney.com

Comment

thats a damn good looking pro car

MAAAAAXXXXIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                thats a damn good looking pro car

MAAAAAXXXXIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS
                Cheers dude!!

Blog is updated now with 2 new posts from Modified Motors Live in Cork and also my Official Photoshoot gallery.

Dean Karnage.

Comment

Howdy Folks,

Just heading back to Ireland now and very happy with the result and im really happy i made the effort to come over and compete. I had some time to play about with tyre pressures on my new Maxxis MAZ1 drift tyres and also realised my car has a terrible mis fire than NEEDS sorting once and for all.

Practice was terrible as i had a 4:3 diff fitted which was the total wrong gearing for the track layout so i knew that needed changing ASAP. I had to grin and bare it for qualifying. Straigh after qualifying i changed to a 3:7 diff and played about with tyres and it made a remarkable difference.

Straight into Hot lap i got a 6th overall which put me up against Kawabata in Top 32. On that battle i won 6/4 and 7/3 which put me up against Paul Vlasblom in the Top 16. I had a good first run but was caught off guard with the typical anchor out the window and long ebrake which left me with 2 options, crash into him or spin to avoid. Usually id close my eyes and see what happens but with Prodrift Mondello next weekend i decided to spin!! Still happy with the result and roll on next weekend.

Here is some pics:

Dont forget you can follow me on twitter and facebook so dont be shy!!

Dean Karnage.

Comment

WTF 2 wheel motion!!!

hot damn,

you really need to make it too the states, who ever is planning on thrown a world champ event you need to be in it....

Comment

Thats my main objective/Goal for this year. Finish strong in the domestic championships and then set my sights on Formula D. Its a slow burner but we'll get there.

2 wheels is the new thing out here dude...extra points!! haha
                      Keep an eye on my blog and all will be explained, i migt even upload some scary looking shots from that corner...it was insane!! haha

Dean Karnage.

Comment

For all those interested in a light read from how my weekend unfolded in the UK you can catch up on www.deankearney.com right now.

http://deankearney.com/jdm-all-stars-wembley.html

Enjoy!

Dean Karnage

Comment

Right,

after a very interesting weekend in London at JDM Allstars wembley I learned a lot of things about my car and they setup. I got relentless track time to play about with rear damping and also tyre pressures to try and get the Maximum out of the Maxxis MAZ1 Drift tyres

I absolutely love the grip these tyres have but i also learned that the car was running extremely poor and needed immediate professional attention. For those of you who attended JDM will know how bad it was running but for those who were not it had a terrible mid range misfire rendering it nearly un-driveable.

The lads from XtremeAutos.ie here in my hometown of Waterford told me to get the car up to them ASAP for diagnostics and a full rolling road session to re-map the ECU and solve the problems.

I arrived and we did a power run to see how she was. I was amazed. 211bhp and a chronic misfire between 4 and 6000rpm!! Eoin got to work mapping the car and we saw steady improvements immediately with 350bhp and 1.1bar, 382bhp and 1.3 and finished off with 401bhp at just about 1.5 bar boost and a healthy 378Ibs.ft of torque. HAPPY!!

Thanks to Richie and Eoin @ Xtreme Autos for fitting me in on literally no booking to get the car sorted for Prodrift Round 3 in Mondello this weekend and also Prodrift Super Series Round 3 in Donnington the following weekend.

More pics can be found at:

www.facebook.com/deankarnagekearney

and dont forget to follow my weekends action at:

www.twitter.com/deankarnage

Dean Karnage.

Comment

I had to share this pic with you all from the weekend at JDM, captured awesomely by Vernst Media Motorsport Photography:

AIRBOURNE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Karnage View Post
                              I had to share this pic with you all from the weekend at JDM, captured awesomely by Vernst Media Motorsport Photography:

AIRBOURNE!!

That is picture of the year of the launch pad at wembley
                              Good luck tommorow at mondello

Comment

Working...
                              X