Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D Irwindale , October 12th - 13th 2012

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D Irwindale , October 12th - 13th 2012

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.
    Example; Why do you want to go? What are you doing to let new fans know about this event? What are you looking forward to?

Old Ticket Contest Thread for reference;
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/gener...th-2009-a.html

Friday, October 12, 2012 — Practice & Qualifying

10:00am – 8:00pm - Will Call: Open for Vendors/Sponsors/Teams
    1:00pm – 1:30pm - FD: MANDATORY Drivers Meeting - FD HQ
    1:30pm – 2:00pm - Media: MANDATORY meeting for "Hot Area" access credential holders - FD HQ
    2:00pm – 10:00pm - Gates Open to the Public - Venue
    2:00pm – 3:00pm - FD: Open Practice - Session 1 - Track
    3:30pm – 4:30pm - FD: Open Practice - Session 2 - Track
    5:00pm – 7:30pm - FD: Qualifying - Track
    7:45pm – 8:00pm - FD: MANDATORY Drivers Meeting; Qualifying Results - FD HQ
    8:00pm – 9:00pm - FD: Autograph Signing Session - TBA
    9:15pm – 10:15pm - FD: Open Practice - Top 32 - Track

Saturday, October 13, 2012 — Main Event

10:00am – 8:00pm – Will Call
    10:00am – 12:00pm – CARSHOW: Roll-in and setup
    2:00pm – 10:00pm – Gates Open to the Public – Venue
    2:00pm – 2:30pm – FD: MANDATORY Drivers Meeting – FD HQ
    2:30pm – 3:00pm – Media: MANDATORY meeting for "Hot Area" access credential holders – FD HQ
    3:00pm – 4:00pm – FD: Open Practice – Top 32 – Track
    4:30pm – 6:15pm – FD: Main Competition – Round of 32 – Track
    6:15pm – 7:45pm – "Halftime" Break – Main Paddock
    7:45pm – 8:00pm – National Anthem / Opening Ceremonies – Track
    8:00pm – 10:00pm – FD: Main Competition – Round of 16 to Finals – Track
    10:00pm – 10:30pm – FD: Trophy Ceremony & Closing – Main Paddock

Less than 4 months away and I can't hardly wait. Finally drifting will come back to Irwindale. After not having the Pro/am event this year, I've been going crazy without having to drive 2 hours to go to a serious drift event.

I'm gonna get as many friends and co-workers to go to Irwindale and I'll be posting in other forums. This is an event nobody should miss.

I'm really excited to see the last event of the year. Seems like it's going down to the wire for point standings this year!
    Hopefully they'll being using the longer layout like last year! Can't wait to see Daigo in action again! He's amazing!

Comment

I believe the next best venue to go to aside from Long Beach would be Irwindale. The aggressive drifting from the drivers is at a all time high due to it being the last race of the season. More crashes, more speed, closer door-to-door action. The great thing is you can see the action at any angle.

I would like to go because its the last race of the season and would like to bring my gf to experience what drifting is about. She likes to see my lifestyle and likes to post these things on her korean social site (cyworld, etc).

Send this race again overseas.

Comment

We use to go to formula D in Sanoma but now that they took Infineon off the list I've been at a loss Las vegas and Irwindale are the closest places for me and my girlfriend to hit up a formula D event which is pretty far from Tracy, CA. I use to put out the formula D flyers out next to the registers in my dads restaurant and I use to hand them out at our local meets just so we could get a caravan going. This year I'm planning to make it down to Irwindale with my girlfriend and my little brother. We love the sport and we wish that sanoma wasn't taken off the list but were more than willing to drive down to see some action! Daigo and Daijiro

Comment

Irwindale is just one of those tracks I have always wanted to experience. I remember watch the old USA vs Japan videos from Irwindale and just being in aw of the driving and track setup. But being all the way across the county in Florida it's been a very unrealistic goal for me to actually go to an FD event at Irwindale.

Comment

Time has flew by for me... I feel like it was just yesterday that I was at Formula D Long Beach. I mentioned before that we are spoiled in So-Cal, being able to attend Long Beach and Irwindale, and to add to that excitement I feel like I can make it out the the Vegas event! There are so many reasons why I want to go. One thing that I am looking forward to is seeing Daigo again. Im definitely inviting anyone who is willing to listen to me. I usually find some way to talk about cars/drifting to my friends and acquaintances, and going with a bunch of friends makes the drift events much more enjoyable.
            Last edited by the_butcher; 07-02-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Serious DRIFTER!

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D Irwindale , October 12th - 13th 2012

I am in serious need of these free tickets! I just got back from Las Vegas seeing you but it was a very costly but with no regret - it was WELL WORTH the ADVENTURE / SHOW!

Left Thursday night from Carson and broke down in Barstow, got towed to an O'rileys & slept in front of the store until it opened. Thought I could fix it. When I could'nt fix the car we had to get towed 186 miles back to Carson.

With little sleep & excited to go to the show~ tried to fix the car because our (2 day) tickets were purchased online and were waiting for us. With no luck, convinced someone else to take their car so we didn't get back into LV until 2:30 am Saturday morning, so needless to say we missed out on Fridays events.

Went and hung out all day Saturday but had to work Sunday, so after the event went back to the motel, showered 10 min nap & back on the road again. Of course made it to work, this trip was a definately a weekend to remember!

With the show coming up in Irwindale is would be so much closer and I would be able to enjoy the event all weekend long! Pick me for the 10 tix~ It would be so appreciated! I would drift all the way down there... and enjoy the ride!!

Comment

40 Days Away!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello Drifting.com. I recently registered on your forum in hopes of acquiring a couple of tickets for the upcoming Formula Drift at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale. For the past 2 years I have been wanting to take my now 9 year old son to a drifting event. Unfortunately being employed for the United States Postal Service as a Letter Carrier leaves me with very little time to spend with my son. I work monday to saturday delivering mail and packages walking the streets on average of 6.5 per day (I actually delivered mail for Justin Pawlak until he moved). Sunday is usually my day of rest. With the few hours left of the day after work is usually spent for homework and a little play time with my son two other children. My son has been into cars, drifting, and initial d after learning that the little two door car that he's been riding in since he was born is a hachiroku, as he loves to call it. Being able to take my son to this event would be a great way to introduce him to this radical and exciting sporting event and spend some memorable time. I would definitely mention this event in a few forums like club4ag and even instagram. I am looking forward to seeing some insane drift cars driven by insane drivers and seeing the reaction on my son's face! Thanks for your time.

Comment

Drifting Pretty<3

My name's Julie Van, and I'm part of an all-women racing society/school called Drifting Pretty (driftingpretty.com). To-date, over 75 women have graced the Drifting Pretty program and have made us what we are today-an organization that aspires to break the barriers and lead women into the amazing world of motorsports.

We are currently in the process of becoming a nonprofit organization, and with many of our ladies, money is tight, so unfortunately, not all of us can afford to purchase tickets to shows like this. Thus, when I found this giveaway, I knew I had to apply for them and myself.

Drifting Pretty accepts women from all backgrounds that have an interest in motorsports, and I believe that obtaining these tickets will allow many of our newer members who are interested in drifting to get a better understanding of the culture. We are operate through learning from one another and giving back to the community through spreading our knowledge. It'd be a great opportunity for us to do a low-cost field trip and better educate our members of what's around. If we win these tickets, I know our members who have never been to a Formula Drift event will appreciate it very much, and definitely share their experience with others.

Thank You,
                    Julie Van
                    JulieVan@driftingpretty.com

Comment

September 21st (NEXT FRIDAY) will be the LAST day to enter this contest.

Irwindale seats are reserved so if you are going with a group it would be best to purchase your tickets from Formula Drift.

Comment

Hi Drifting.com! One of my friends from Drifting Pretty has done the honor to inform us of this great opportunity to get some free tickets to Formula Drift Event for this October! I have been wanting to finally view a formula drift event in person, I always just view the event on tv, but I would love to view drifting live and gain the experince of finally being able to get the chance to meet the drivers in person. I am a new member of drifting pretty and look foward in learning more about drifting. I want to experience what the drifting world is really about and what type of skills and techniques are needed to become a better drifter. I have been posting blogs about the formula drift in irwindale and letting people know that this is a great event to attend if they will like to know what drifting is all about. Ever sense I started watching Formula Drift on tv I have been inspired by all professional drifters. I hope I am able to finally see and event live and get at least 2 tickets to take a friend!

Comment

All I got to say is drifting.com is legit in the free tickets giveaways. They have hooked up vegas this year for me and every event I go to I buy a shirt fron them to give to others to spread drifting love!! More free tickets!!! Im always down to support!!!

Comment

If it's not too late count me in, Irwindale!

Comment

Hello.... Inquiring about the formula drift irwindale tickets. My boyfriend who is in the military did drifting in the past. I know that this is a passion of his and would love to re-ignite that fire in him. Unfortunately he had to give up his love for the sport because being in the service means dedicating your life serving and protecting our country. I would love for him to be able to come out see what he's been missing...I see that fire and life in his eyes when he talked about drifting. He currently works with the wounded soldiers that come back from war....so winning tickets would mean so much for him. He works behind the scene to help his fellow brothers and sisters so needless to say his works goes unnoticed and I'm sure he feels unappreciated and overwhelmed at times.....don't get me wrong he loves what he does but I really think that've needs to get out and have some fun and feel alive again. So the reasons that I would love to win tickets is not for me ...it's for a great guy who deserves to smile and feel that feeling of freedom that he once had ..would love to see that childlike smile on him & for him to feel that he can have those feelings like he did when he was drifting.

Crossing my fingers and Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X