Some Domestic Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Domestic Action

We;ve been holding organized drifting events in Hawaii since 2001. So far, we only have two people who drift domestics, and they both happen to be 3rd generation Chevy Camaro's. Here are some pics of Domestic Drifting action from Hawaii:

Pic of my friend Chris drifting his 91 Camaro:

Pic of me drifting my 89 Camaro (before the transformation):

Vid Clip of Chris (he is much better than me)
    http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/~jaye/videos/drift2.MPG

Pic of Chris from last years Signal Auto Drift Event:
    *experimental R34 custom front bumper made by chris, now replaced with new experimental GT front bumper*
    Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 06-12-2003, 01:30 AM.

wow.. I saw that event..i didnt know that white car was a camaro..pretty cool

Comment

hey i found another picture of my baby drifting

Comment

More pix
        Attached Files

Comment

more
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And finally, another movie

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/~jaye/videos/dori.ASF

Comment

Thats cool that there are domestics drifting. It makes some amount of sense, cheap cars, cheap parts, and easy to get big horsepower. I was drifting a crown vic at the drivers search, and it got pretty good responses. I think for the sport to thrive in the states we need to get the american muscle heads into the mix. I know this will upset some of the drift community, but you need the domestics. If the domestics get invovled there will be alot more events and it will become a huge sport. Although I will be drifting a 350Z at hyperfest I think all makes and cars desreve to drift, euro, domestic, and JDM. It will make the sport that mauch more interesting...

Ryan
                http://home.earthlink.net/~ryanracer

Comment

Cool you see it that way! The only thing about domestics is they are heavy, so to build a good domestic drift car you really need to concentrate on weight reduction (just like how the guys in the D1 with heavy cars concentrate on weight reduction). The initial reactions of people when we go drifting is always interesting. I dont think we've met anyone yet that got upset, usually the reactions are either 'WOW!!! THAT WAS CRAZY!!' or *Scratch head* LOL. In fact, when the Signal team came down last year they thought it was really cool we had 2 domestics out there drifting. In Japan the domestics here are imports and very rare (like how Japan only cars are rare here). They liked it!!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ryanracer

ryanracer, which Z are you running at hyperfest?

Comment

heh
                          that rules

Comment

I am going to be driving the JIC-magic 350Z, the one that was in the drivers search.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                            X