FORMULA D Rule Changes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    When your factory backed... everything is OEM.

Right???
    zing! blaze is the winner!
    I guess so but it still seems really funny to me... It's like a black widow complaining that a scorpion is too poisonous.

Comment

Okay...so back to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
        So what you are saying is...that its ok for them to limit one car over another based solely on popularity and sponsors ?

Serious ?

Only the popular drivers "can" win ?

Only the big sponsors cars "can" win ?

How ridiculous of an argument is that in a supposed "professional" series ?

Lets just call it Formula - "bring us the most sponsor money to pad our pockets".
        Fantastic! You can still call it "Formula-D" ...."Formula-D(ollars)"

Comment

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
          I know that many of a certain type of Nissan have some pickup point modifications on a rear aluminum subframe.
          Hmm...how which particular Nissan would use an aluminum subframe? I can't really think of it right now, but maybe at 3:50am, it'll just hit me. *sigh* I just need some Zzzz's. ;-)

Comment

So I think I understand what actually happened now. Not "rule changes" but rather enforcement.

You have someone that reads the rules and sees OEM suspension. They use an OEM suspension off a different car. Missing a couple key points on it.

When they are questioned about it , rather than getting approval for it, they say that is OEM.

Now they are are going to get a slap on the knuckles for it.

Comment

So the question that comes to my mind is...

How hard would it be for Autobacs to make the car legal??

Everything I've heard about the car has been heresay, but I know a few competitors weren't happy about it after the Atlanta event. From what I had heard, they modified the lower suspension pickup points and converted it to cefiro spec to use cefiro suspension since that's what they were familiar with. If that's the case, unless they did some major cutting and re-welding, it shouldn't be too hard to convert it back to skyline pickup points. Even if they did do cutting / re-welding, wouldn't they think to keep the pieces they cut off "just in case" they have to convert back to skyline spec??

Comment

Does this thread have any basis in reality? From what I have heard from the horses mouth is that the car has been inspected and re-inspected because people keep bitching about it. Everytime it has been under the knife by FD officials its passed. Its not an s-chassis front suspension swap it is changed from dual a-arm to mcpherson front but the mcpherson strut comes from a different model skyline so it still comes from the same chassis so its technically legal. Just curious if this is real information in this thread or you just think you know whats going on?

Comment

This is very much based in reality.

Heres the problem. No Skyline had Struts in the front. C34 had them , no R34's. They used OEM parts , but OEM parts from C34 not R34.

That is where there is an issue. Formula D can "pre approve" suspension changes. They could have said that the struts in the front are fine. SA could have said they are OEM parts , from a different Nissan.

Comment

Always been there now just making it to the surface......................

Comment

haha, maybe I am one of the few people who knows EXACTLY what the situation is on that car.

All this complaining about something so simple is the reason why a lot of people are starting to HATE the pro drift stuff in this country.

Oh well, thats what happens when you take a fun hobby and let people rip it apart and try to make a buck.

Comment

^^ you and me are one of the few BH

this whole complaint about the skyline is retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                          So the question that comes to my mind is...

How hard would it be for Autobacs to make the car legal??

Everything I've heard about the car has been heresay, but I know a few competitors weren't happy about it after the Atlanta event. From what I had heard, they modified the lower suspension pickup points and converted it to cefiro spec to use cefiro suspension since that's what they were familiar with. If that's the case, unless they did some major cutting and re-welding, it shouldn't be too hard to convert it back to skyline pickup points. Even if they did do cutting / re-welding, wouldn't they think to keep the pieces they cut off "just in case" they have to convert back to skyline spec??
                          How hard would it be? ...I'd say about 4 days, including paint and body work to make it all pretty again? Without paint and body work, and enough talented people, I think it can be knocked out in a day's worth of work. BUT, doing all this isn't really the "point" of it all...

I know a few competitors that weren't happy with the car after seeing it come out of the truck in Long Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
                            Does this thread have any basis in reality? From what I have heard from the horses mouth is that the car has been inspected and re-inspected because people keep bitching about it. Everytime it has been under the knife by FD officials its passed. Its not an s-chassis front suspension swap it is changed from dual a-arm to mcpherson front but the mcpherson strut comes from a different model skyline so it still comes from the same chassis so its technically legal. Just curious if this is real information in this thread or you just think you know whats going on?
                            It's very real. It has been inspected, and re-inspected. Everyone is "learning" on this car. It's real.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                              haha, maybe I am one of the few people who knows EXACTLY what the situation is on that car.

All this complaining about something so simple is the reason why a lot of people are starting to HATE the pro drift stuff in this country.

Oh well, thats what happens when you take a fun hobby and let people rip it apart and try to make a buck.
                              You know EXACTLY what the situation is on this car? I don't know who you are, so please introduce! =)

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                                ^^ you and me are one of the few BH

this whole complaint about the skyline is retarded
                                The complaint about this Skyline is retarded...especially when the people making the complaints have questionable rule legitamacy themselves. It's like playing with fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X