Z31 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z31 Help

So here's the deal. My friend just bought an 85' 300ZX Turbo. We brought up the boost to about nine or ten PSI so everythings great.....but the suspension . So We need to know if anyone makes coilovers or suspension products for it.

Also if anyone knows how we can run piping for an intercooler withought having to take out the air conditioning.

Thanks in advance.

You could look at z31.com, they have some information that would help you ouot with this. Our Z31 had horrible suspension, to the point where the car would rock back and forth when you hit the gas and take ur foot off. We solved that with some eiback springs and kyb shocks. But, there is a guy you might want to talk to (aka email- zxproductions@hotmail.com) because him and his buddys are building a shop in canada specializing in Z31s, and they are willing to make cutome parts. His name is Sean sheridan, and he will be more then helpful.

Comment

Thanks man, I'll check those out. I'm not sure if he's willing to shell out the bucks to have a custom suspension made on a nail-workers salary. Thanks alot though.

Comment

Yea try www.z31.com and www.zcarparts.com i been trying to reply but i guess it keeps not working

Comment

JIC makes front coilovers for the Z31 but they don't list them on their site. ground control used to make an adjustable coil kit for the rear but I heard it has been discontinued. For the rear you can use a set of 240sx coilovers with minor modification though you may need to add a roll cage for stiffness, or you can just put in the whole rear subframe and axle/suspension from a Z32TT also with minor modification. But I have noticed for drifting and street driving that just using suspension techniques springs with Tokico Illumina shocks and some good sway bars help alot as long as you have a limited slip.

Comment

[QUOTE=racer555]JIC makes front coilovers for the Z31 but they don't list them on their site. ground control used to make an adjustable coil kit for the rear but I heard it has been discontinued.[QUOTE]

JIC no longer makes coilovers for the Z31, and ibelieve if you call up ground control, they will still make you a set of coilover springs, get more information off of Z31.com, under updates i think. For limited slips, i think you can grap a Vlsd from a infinity j30 that will bolt right up. BTW, if his car was in he shape mine was, he has horrible rear camber due to worn out bushigns (i think it was bushings, but anyways its a common problem for the Z31s) And there is a simple fix for it on www.z31.com.

Comment

His car is in <i>perfect</i> condition. New paint, 45,000 miles, and not a single ding or scratch on the whole thing. The guy even kept the sticker that was on the window that day he bought it.

Thanks alot guys.

Comment

yes JIC can still make coilovers for the front on a Z31, I called and asked. They have to be made to order though. To do this you need to get a spare set of front struts complete with spindles and cut the strut housing a few inches over the knuckle and send it in to JIC. they will send the cut strut housings to Japan where they will convert them to an adjustable coilover with pillow ball camber plates up top. If ya wanna do this talk to Randy at JIC, he is the one I talked to and he can send you a picture of how to modify the strut housing.

Comment

My mistake. They emailed me and told me they where discontinued.

Comment

Thanks anyway man, I think we're just going to put some springs and a strut to stiffen it up. That should make it somewhat better. But about the darn intercooler.....We have to keep the thing looking stock becuase his mom will moan about how "He messes with cars to much." And she will notice if the air-conditioning is out of it. We might be able to do it but I doubt it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

There is still room to install a front mount intercooler and keep your a/c but it is kinda tight. I believe both the Jim Wof Technology kit and the HKS kit allow for the factory a/c. I think the spearco kit does as well but it has been discontinued, though you can still find it on Ebay occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                      X