Best car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best car?

hey, thanks for visiting. I'm 15, looking to get into drifting once i get my license. I wanted to know what everyone thought was the best car is (within a reasonable price range, i.e. no Skylines, S15s, etc.) to start with. Feel free to post or email, thanks.

i hope you like 80's styling like me, cuz thats all you can afford. i suggest either. 240sx Hatchback(fastback) 240sx Coupe or if you can find one AE86. FC are really nice and cheap too..

Comment

RE:

Maintaining an FC is gonna kill you.

Comment

My friend drifts an FC. Maybe i can get some pics of it, its hot

Comment

If you want a cheap car to learn in and one thats pretty easy to find. Get a first gen RX-7. Nice power, decent handling and lots of parts available. He is right on Fc. Upkeep is pricey. You need something that if you break it, it's not gonna kill you to get it fixed. First gens are all over the junkyards so panels are abundant. Plus not alot of folks work on them so there are always some laying around just waiting for you to pull up in the yard and ask "how much for that funny looking car you got over there".

Check em out.

Comment

FC is Sec Gen...

Comment

re:

either way you go there are partts readily available for the cars. Moreso for the FC though. PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                FC is Sec Gen...
                ya he was saying two different things; first just that the fb is good and second that the fc is expensive to mantain

Comment

Thanks for your posts. Thought an 80's car was the way to go. i really like the Hachi (not hatchi, as i have seen. i am do speak a little japanese). But is a Fc an RX-7? i assumed that because the newer one is the FD3S. Thanks again.

Comment

RE:

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                    ya he was saying two different things; first just that the fb is good
                    FB? I thought it was SA22?

Comment

yea so did i..

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                        FB? I thought it was SA22?
                        It is

Comment

i've got an 86 FC with 160,000 miles on it. I'm only 17 and dont have any problems keeping it maintained. I think as long as you know what your doing then you can handle it. I've done repairs on my idiot lights, wipers switch, ECU, everything just from studying it on the net. As long as you treat an FC good it will treat you good.

Comment

there really is no "best" drifting car. It's all personal preference.

Comment

oh and sa22 were just the first four letters of the vin codes in (i believe) the late 70's (ex. 79) model rx-7. once they changed to the 17 digit vin numbers they became fb's

Comment

Working...
                              X