Motdyn LS1 Powered FD3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted J
    Julie modeling the harness on the chassis build up page is best pic of the whole build up but that's just my view!

Noticed that the oil pump was taken off when the cam swap was done. Hope who ever put the oil pump back on that they used the .002" feeler gauge on each side of the pump when putting the casing back on to center it correctly on the crank shaft before tightening it down. Just something worth mentioning for I don't know if some people are aware of that procedure for reinstalling the oil pump on the LS1.

The oil pump was not removed. Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

Hey guys and gals the car is in the body shop, roll cage is done, and all the new pics are up.

have a lookie.

http://www.shockdrifting.com/articles/view.php?id=66

Comment

Jeez, I live close enough, I gotta see this thing in person!

BTW, I know a couple of your buddies, George and Xander from a couple of drift days. Cool dudes.

Good luck gettin' that thing done. I'll hit you up if I need a welded diff too, hehe.

Comment

Just curious, what's the wheel size/offset that you are running?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read it in one of the previous pages of your buildup
          Last edited by equinox; 10-23-2005, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
            actually the all aluminum ls1 removes weght compared to the iron boat anchor and its turbo stuff..
            An alluminum ls1 weighs approximately 390 lbs. The 13b-rew weighs something like 320-330lbs. Weight savings shouldn't be a noted significance in the swap.

Anyway, Nice log of the project. Seeing the step by steps of effort are always interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
              An alluminum ls1 weighs approximately 390 lbs. The 13b-rew weighs something like 320-330lbs. Weight savings shouldn't be a noted significance in the swap.

Anyway, Nice log of the project. Seeing the step by steps of effort are always interesting.

are you weighing just the anchor itself? or a fully dressed motor/tranny/turbo vs fully dressed motor/tranny?

Comment

The 13b is actually heavier when you add all the manifolds, turbo piping, intercooler, etc.

But yea either way it wont be noticable.

Comment

How long do you think it will be until you have it up and running? Mind if I stop by and check it out sometime after I get back from the middle east?

Zach

Comment

i use this word about once every 8 years so feel lucky that is sick!
                    we have a bunch of F bodies running around in the area. there is a twin turbo'ed convertible T/A in town. http://stenodracing.com/index.html you know you want a boosted LS1
                    anyways, awsome stuff. a couple local guys have been thinking about swapping in LS1s into their FDs too. personally i would not do the swap, but its definetly something to respect <8- )
                    be sure to get some good quality videos once everything is up to par.

Comment

Holy crap can you imagine a turboed ls1-fd. OMG that would be insane. Thanks for the comments.

Boostedrex. Feel free to come by when you return. Should be about 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                        are you weighing just the anchor itself? or a fully dressed motor/tranny/turbo vs fully dressed motor/tranny?
                        A 300 lb bare block 2rotor ....the statement of 320-330lbs represents a complete rotary engine w/turbo/mani.

Originally posted by Motdyn-ls1fd

The 13b is actually heavier when you add all the manifolds, turbo piping, intercooler, etc.

But yea either way it wont be noticable.
                        Is that so? I hadn't heard of an alluminum LS1 being anything heavier then at least 40-50 lbs more than a complete Rew, when it comes to the common v8/fd conflict. I could be wrong
                        Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 10-24-2005, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Motdyn,

I'll have to check out the shop when I get back. I'll be back in early November, but I have tons of work to do on my FC before I go visiting anyone!! I'm sure you know how it is. I'll stop by after I get caught up though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boostedrex
                            Motdyn,

I'll have to check out the shop when I get back. I'll be back in early November, but I have tons of work to do on my FC before I go visiting anyone!! I'm sure you know how it is. I'll stop by after I get caught up though.

Sounds great. Im dont actually work for motorsport dynamics though, i just drive for them, the car is located in san jose at my house. That is where we are doing all the work.

ttyl

Comment

This car is gonna be hawwwwwwt. Props L

Comment

Thanks Moo

Comment

Working...
                                X