Porsche Drifters Enter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Drifters Enter....

Anyone else besides myself drifting an FR, MR, or RR Porsche to drift?

im using a 200 hp 1988 Porsche (JN47) 924S w/ like 96,000 miles on it and stock suspension and brakes... no e-brake...

anyone else with a Porsche?

anyone know where i can get a drift-ready suspension for my 924 ???(probably the same as the 1988 non turbo 944 being they are exactly the same except for rear tire size, interior, and fender flares.)

i cant find suspension anywhere... can someone help me?

Comment

Oh hell yeah thats right up my alley. I love to drift my 87 carrera w/ 210 HP. I smacked it into a curb though the other day >.< there goes 2 grand. Errgh it's awesome though

Comment

that sh!t is dope.. i want a 911... lika an 87-92 anywherre within that range im all over... porsche's are really ƒuckin dope, and they drift verywell due to their extraordinary weight balance.

Comment

Yeah definitely I love it. If you've seen the drift works 1 vid check out that yellow 80's porsche drifting 'bout halfway through the vid. That's what I do every day

Comment

word up ill def check that out... is it an FR or RR in the vid?

Comment

I think FR...could be wrong though

Comment

I love to drift my 87 carrera w/ 210 HP. I smacked it into a curb though the other day >.< there goes 2 grand. Errgh it's awesome though
                As I understood it pre 97 911's are really bad at drifting because they are so rear heavy, snap oversteer is just a small weight transfer away. They're setup to oversteer at limit, beyond limit is big swing, I think the later 911's and FR Porsches are the better cars.

Anyways, just an opinion, OMG porsche parts are expensive.

Comment

No it's actually not that bad. surprisingly, it's less rear-heavy then my friends MR-2. Not physically but oversteer wise when you're actually driving it

Comment

It was a hand-me-down from my uncle so it wasn't like my drift car choice or anything...my daily driver too.

Comment

all years of 911's are fairly good for drifting, having alot of the weight on the rear wheels actually makes it really smooth sideways.

924, 944, 951, 968's on the other hand suck. Hate those things.
                      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                        all years of 911's are fairly good for drifting, having alot of the weight on the rear wheels actually makes it really smooth sideways.

924, 944, 951, 968's on the other hand suck. Hate those things.
                        very not true!

my 924 kicks *Censored**Censored**Censored*... it has a few MINOR problems but the weight ratio is 49:51!!!! you cant find a better balanced car it is 200 Porsche hp... straightline drag i smoke 250hp Integra's with good drivers and Acura Legends... only got beat by a fellow euro in a 5 series BMW w/ the same hp as me....

due to its extremely good weight balance shifting the weight forward is easy as pie allowing the rear to kick out on command, and just a little pressure back on the throttle coupled with some counter steering snaps all that weight back where it should be... the 924 is exremely good at both grip and drift driving because of the weight distribution... i easily take pretty mean corners at 75-85mph without inducing dift and max speed/0-60 time it's faster than the non-turbo 944.

i love my 924, i already got exhaust and intake system installed, i got a racing chip and im getting a turbonator which will put me around 240 horse... then im going suspension / tires / rims and then im gonna do up a 924 carrera GT-R conversion on the front end and put a stylish 968 rear bumper.... my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is gonna b tight.... and drift READY!!! haha yeah, so dont hate on the 924.... sh!t is dope.

Comment

I had a 928 for a while, it felt prety good when it go sideways

Comment

Originally posted by ReD-CeL
                            i already got exhaust and intake system installed, i got a racing chip and im getting a turbonator which will put me around 240 horse... then im going suspension / tires / rims and then im gonna do up a 924 carrera GT-R conversion on the front end and put a stylish 968 rear bumper.... my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is gonna b tight.... and drift READY!!! haha yeah, so dont hate on the 924.... sh!t is dope.
                            Uhhhh...

this turbonator?

hahahahahahahaha yea, that thing works

Comment

Sorry for hating but they do suck. I've been working on porsches for a while. From my experience dealing with all the different cars, the 924, 944, 951, boxsters, 928 are just a money pit. You can buy them for cheep but to mod them or even maintain them is too expencive for the performace out of them. They have bad resale values on top of that. At least with a 911 if you mod it a bit, the price goes up, thats just not the case with the other cars as the resale price drops as you mod it.

There are alot of cars that are very well ballanced. That doesnt mean they get higher G's. The suspension design is a big part of putting that weight to the ground. Yes you have a resonable suspension design but its far from being all that good.

Too me, I find it funny that people who have to go and try and prove that their car is a good investment. Same thing goes for the parts they buy, even if it doesnt perform as well, they try to make it seem like it is the sh!t. People dont like to be wrong or feel like they made a bad investment.

To me, you just have a underdeveloped porsche and an over priced FC. You should go on rennlist and talk about how good of a porsche you have, and also the drift superiority it has over all other cars. Maybe you can join the MR2 guys in the battle of whos car design is best?
                              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Working...
                              X