ROTORA, Driver from JAPAN for Feb 27th D1GP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 110octane
    I think we should be supporting the U.S drivers more here than trying to "wow" everyone and bring in guys from outside the country. Give the U.S drivers a chance to prove themselves. There is plenty of talent here in america don't you think guys?

How do you think many Japanese drifters feel?

Comment

I think America's best should compete over there as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
        I think America's best should compete over there as well...
        didn't Tanner get a chance to do that awhile back ago?

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
          didn't Tanner get a chance to do that awhile back ago?
          Negative, Samuel Hubinette did have a D1GP license last year I believe.

Comment

Well...I had some fun with Rotora. Now its time to move on. I wish the new driver luck with team Rotora. I am still working with Rotora, just not as the title sponsor roll. We are also working with JIC on some projects.

I am going to start the year with McKinney's 4 cylinder powered 240sx(left hand). They are changing the 6 cyl. powered one to 4 cyl. for Tanner. Later when the budget is in place we will be building their RHD 180sx into a flagship drift car. I think this year is going to be fun year for everyone. I am happy to be working with McKinney this year.

I would love to run in Japan against the Japan D1 drivers...maybe one more year and it will happen. See you guys at D1 round 1!
            Ernie Fixmer
            Formula Drift/VR Motoring/Robinson Helicopter
            Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

I think we should be supporting the U.S drivers more here than trying to "wow" everyone and bring in guys from outside the country. Give the U.S drivers a chance to prove themselves. There is plenty of talent here in america don't you think guys?
              it's a competition. they are a team. they want to win, and all the more power to them to choose the best driver for the job. should a japanese driver be penalized because he's japanese? What about a Canadian? Are you saying that if I came down to the US, and Rotora picked me up to drive for them, would you still be saying that a US driver should get the seat, even if I might be better?

Give them a chance to prove themselves? that's what local drifting competitions are for. that's what a test drive is for. Sorry, but a racing team isn't going to give me a one year contract to "test" me. They'd give me a few hours in the car to impress them.

If I were Rotora, I'd do the exact same thing.

Comment

hey

hey i know this is kinda early but happy B-DAY to ya Ernie!(feb 19th) just wanted to say it before i forgot! best of luck! dont get too $hit faced

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie
                  Well...I had some fun with Rotora. Now its time to move on. I wish the new driver luck with team Rotora. I am still working with Rotora, just not as the title sponsor roll. We are also working with JIC on some projects.

I am going to start the year with McKinney's 4 cylinder powered 240sx(left hand). They are changing the 6 cyl. powered one to 4 cyl. for Tanner. Later when the budget is in place we will be building their RHD 180sx into a flagship drift car. I think this year is going to be fun year for everyone. I am happy to be working with McKinney this year.

I would love to run in Japan against the Japan D1 drivers...maybe one more year and it will happen. See you guys at D1 round 1!
                  Congratulations on driving for McKinney, Ernie! Hope you get some top finishes this season!

Question for you, is the blue S13 FB your personal car, or did Rotora assume ownership/already own the car while you were driving for them? I ask this because I know Ken was driving his personal S13 coupe with the Rotora colors, while most other shops normally have drivers that they hire to drive the shop's car.

Comment

Originally posted by crimson
                    Congratulations on driving for McKinney, Ernie! Hope you get some top finishes this season!

Question for you, is the blue S13 FB your personal car, or did Rotora assume ownership/already own the car while you were driving for them? I ask this because I know Ken was driving his personal S13 coupe with the Rotora colors, while most other shops normally have drivers that they hire to drive the shop's car.
                    There was a 240sx that I drove at the beginning of the year that is mine. That one is sitting in my shop waiting to be finished and then sold. The right hand drive 180sx is Rotora's car that Mr. Yamakawa and I built for Rotora to keep as a flagship. Now the lucky Japanese driver gets a finished product to drive for 2005. Again...I wish him luck.
                    Ernie Fixmer
                    Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
                      hey i know this is kinda early but happy B-DAY to ya Ernie!(feb 19th) just wanted to say it before i forgot! best of luck! dont get too $hit faced
                      Thanks for the B-day wish. I'm pretty sure I will be allright...I tend to stay away from Alchohol nowadays.
                      Ernie Fixmer
                      Lakewood, CA 90712

Comment

Oh shoot! Happy Early B-Day Bro!!!

Well, I remembered that day was coming up and that you were getting closer to being as old as me...Uhmm, sorta. Anyways, We (Team Hinga) put away a little money for a gift but couldn't think of what to get ya,....So, we picked this thing up and well..I'll tell you what it is now....(hehe) .....It's a big ol' .......CHIMPO!
                        Hope ya enjoy it and I remembered that Cas has a special dinner planned for you two that night. So, enjoy bro and Team Hinga will see you around.
                        Happy Bday!

Bootey

Comment

Will the real dark and sinister please stand up!

I heard those Oki guys march to the beat of a different drummer!

happy b-day Erns. Now your old enough to buy gum!

c.u. at D1

Land Ho #1

Comment

Hehe, here's a pic from Memory lane ol' man!

http://www.tirekillin86.50megs.com/c..._engine_up.jpg

Who wants to guess where this is, what we we're doing at 4am and most importantly how old the sleepy guy in the pic?

Well, I have more of these and as time permits Ill sling some around....

Booneys Bootey

Comment

Hey guys whats up its me Roger... Cool pic... looks like you guys went straight to work on the motor after work... I like those jump suits... wish I could have been with a wing unit..

Roger

Comment

An EWOK 4AG mechanic?!?!
                                NO WAY!!!!
                                Is he gonna put tha in his SPEEDER BIKE?!?!

Max
                                Last edited by illegalgarage; 02-18-2005, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X