Taniguchi Aristo Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy
    I dunno, Nob is leading which means he's already preparing for the switchback into the next corner, thus maybe not as much angle in those shots?
    Yeah and you can't judge drift angle solely on steering angle.

Comment

Exactly, ever seen the JUN Evo drift? Positive lock anyone?

Comment

Of course Rhys can get more angle!
        have you seen all their wings they have on that car now?
        They have 2 vertical ones on the rear (the clear ones)
        AND now they have 2 on the hood as well (also clear)
        That has got to make it pretty hard to spin.
        When every other car would normally spin, his won't because the air pushes on the wings, pushing it back towards the correct way.

I hope people realize this is the only reason he gets so sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          Exactly, ever seen the JUN Evo drift? Positive lock anyone?
          uh, all-wheel-drive anyone?

With FR cars, the steering angle is a pretty accurate judgment of the angle of the car. Of course, that angle could be increasing at the instant the photo was taken... Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
            Of course Rhys can get more angle!
            have you seen all their wings they have on that car now?
            They have 2 vertical ones on the rear (the clear ones)
            AND now they have 2 on the hood as well (also clear)
            That has got to make it pretty hard to spin.
            When every other car would normally spin, his won't because the air pushes on the wings, pushing it back towards the correct way.

I hope people realize this is the only reason he gets so sideways.
            2 wings on the hood now? I don't notice them in the pictures at all. I see the rear ones, but not the front ones??? Can you point them out?

Comment

damn, aristo drifting is tyte. so nob daily drives this?

Comment

the front wings are pretty small. They are on either side of the hood, in the gap between fender and hood. probably 2 inches high at most.

Comment

Shorter wheel base = more angle.

Comment

I was there, from what I saw NOB wasn't getting very steep angles, but that could be for whatever reason. Maybe he just isn't totally used to the car yet.

On the straights he would still wag it all the way down while Rhys would just drive straight, which kinda sucked. On Sunday the only drifters that would choku-dori down the shoreline straight were NOB, Hiro, Gush, and Ernie Fixmer. Everyone else would just drive straight down..I thought for sure J.R. would wag it down the straight but he never did..maybe he was having problems with his car too.

Saturday was pretty cool though when Hiro lost his bumpers right by the tire wall and no one went out to pick them up..it looked like they started to play a game to see who could run over the bumpers while holding their drift ..then J.R. totally ran over it and split it in half then it looked like he gave a thumbs up that was pretty cool.

Comment

pics of NOB's car at Tokyo Auto Salon...no its not a daily driver

Comment

but he does drive his S15 on the street.
                        i asked him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                          but he does drive his S15 on the street.
                          i asked him about it.
                          Im not sure exactly what you meant, but he does not drive the red HKS dirft S15 on the street. That car belongs to HKS. He has his own daily driver red S15 that isnt have as trick as the one he used to drift.

Comment

Originally posted by UberSpeed
                            Im not sure exactly what you meant, but he does not drive the red HKS dirft S15 on the street. That car belongs to HKS. He has his own daily driver red S15 that isnt have as trick as the one he used to drift.

Yeah champ, that is the one i was talking about. HIS S15, it used to be yellow, then red. It's still red.
                            Started off in yellow at first D1 event, then it got painted red, then it moved around through sticker phases.

Comment

Originally posted by gogg
                              Shorter wheel base = more angle.

lol. only on drifting.com

and someone tell me how a wing is going to let you get more angle? hahhahaa. retarded. keep you from spinning out? yeah right. its a wing, not a magic lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by marshun
                                lol. only on drifting.com

and someone tell me how a wing is going to let you get more angle? hahhahaa. retarded. keep you from spinning out? yeah right. its a wing, not a magic lamp.
                                Hmm..lets see here..Rhys Millen has tons of previous racing experience..both his father and uncle have tons of previous racing experience...all three of them have an entire engineering team that custom fabricates race parts for many different styles of racing...

I REALLY dont think he would put anything on his drift car that didn't serve some function or purpose..including those clear wings..they obviously have some effect on the characterstics of the car while drifting..

Any "retarded" person would be able to figure out that a guy like Rhys doesn't put non-functional things on his car..

And the stupid part was that you quoted someone talking about wheel base not a wing! sheesh.. I guess you were right..only on drifting.com..
                                Last edited by MonkeySlide; 04-12-2005, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X