Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickmpower
    are you comming to portland? details on the event?
    We are not going to Portland for an event.

Comment

• do you guys plan on bringing any demos or events in the midwest?

Comment

• Originally posted by driftex
        do you guys plan on bringing any demos or events in the midwest?
        Round 5 is in Chicago.

Comment

• In regards to demos, I can only speak of the ones we have been hired to coordinate. Last year was obviously great because we got to do demos all over the place. This year is bit tougher because Champ Car and the tracks have a much tighter budget so we are still in the process of finding sponsors to help cover costs to get the show to these tracks again. There is simply a lot of hard costs to get 6 cars, 6 drivers, 6 mechanics, 4 FD staff, and equipment from LA to Cleveland and back.

So for 2006, other than the 7 FD Championship events, we are confirmed to have a "team" drift competition at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (www.lbgp.com), a invitational "shootout" at the Centrix Grand Prix of Denver (www.denvergp.com) and we are discussing demos in and out of the US.

If you guys want to see more drifting, call Champ Car, call the tracks and get them to step up to bring the show to an event near you.

Comment

• Dc

They had LeMans in DC why not have an event in the Nations Capital? Also, why aren't there many events on the East Coast?

Comment

• Hey Jim:

Who on this list (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/A...nistration.asp) would be most appropriate to tell that we want to see more drifting?

Comment

• B DRIFTIN
                I completely agree. We would love to do something in the Mid-Atlantic area but it all comes down to venue. The selection is just poor. To stay on point at the top of our game, for fans, sponsors, teams, etc. we have much more requirements then a track day. The location needs to be within decent reach of the fans. The venue needs to have enough space for all the teams, sponsors, and parking. The venue also has to have the proper space to set up a track or if it is a track has to have the right combination of turns, viewing area, etc. And of course the cost of doing an event at that venue; like the cost of rental, do we need to rent grandstands. For example, we do Soldier Field in Chicago because that is the only place in that area that is not like a 2 hour drive like Route 66, but it is one of our most costly events because we have to build everything from stratch. So back to your statement about DC, we would love to be there, help us find a venue. And for everyone else give us possible venues and we will look them all up and see if it is possible to bring FD there in 2007.

Slapshotnerd
                You guys didn't get this from me =)

Steve Johnson, President (he knows us because he use to be the President of SCCA Pro Racing)
                Will Wilson, Executive VP of Sales and Marketing
                Mark Perrone, VP of Promoter Services (our main contact there)
                Garret Mudd, VP of Marketing (he is our long time buddy and is also from SCCA Pro Racing, he is already going to bat for us)

Comment

• When will the LBGP drivers be confirmed?

Comment

• Originally posted by WINDING Master
                    When will the LBGP drivers be confirmed?
                    Soon. There should be 12-16 drivers. Also, the format will be a team drift competition. More info to come shortly.

Comment

• Hey Jim,

Its your neighborhood shoe pusher.. Anyway, wondering if FD is going to be producing a series DVD for the 06 season and where the hell is the 05 dvd. Send me one dammit, the unedited after hours version, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpoonFork
                        Hey Jim,

Its your neighborhood shoe pusher.. Anyway, wondering if FD is going to be producing a series DVD for the 06 season and where the hell is the 05 dvd. Send me one dammit, the unedited after hours version, please.
                        YES! After months of paperwork crap with tons of different people, we finally got a deal done with Live Sockets. They will be reproducing the 2005 FD TV shows into a DVD set. It will be on sale by Long Beach. With more time, we will be able to work on something more custom for the 2006 DVD set.

Unedited afterhours version... uh... mmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim @ FD
                          YES! After months of paperwork crap with tons of different people, we finally got a deal done with Live Sockets. They will be reproducing the 2005 FD TV shows into a DVD set. It will be on sale by Long Beach. With more time, we will be able to work on something more custom for the 2006 DVD set.

Unedited afterhours version... uh... mmm...
                          sweeeeeeeeet!!

late birthday gift for myself

Comment

• So Formula D is coming to the Seattle area, can I get volunteer work done for you guys? I volunteered for Driftfest when they came to Evergreen Speedway. I would like an application: blu.syntax@hotmail.com

Comment

• Chicago feeder?

what ever happened with the plan to hold a FormulaD qualifier round in the Chicago area?

Comment

• Originally posted by eric240
                                what ever happened with the plan to hold a FormulaD qualifier round in the Chicago area?
                                I believe there are still plans for the Chicago Qualifier. Keep checking on www.driftday.com for more information on all the Qualifiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X