No announcement yet.

Ask FORMULA D Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya theree were a number of photographers that we invited out there. Hopin to get photos back soon. (HINT HINt, guys get me the photos for the site please! LOL)

As far as how everyone felt about it. There was a higher concentration fo peopl in the stands and on the hills at Seca for the drifting then there was for the entire weekend. It was awesome and Dai, Gush, Calvin, Alex, JR, Tony, Chris, and Andy were absolutely brilliant. They choreographed this insane 15 minute demo and gave rides to many of the Champ Car drivers. People were absolutely blown away. It was really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula D
      We don't allow FWD or AWD cars at the moment.
      Front wheel drive won't work; no need to disallow it.

Any word on whether or not a street legal but modified Corvette
      Z06 will be allowed to compete in SCCA sanctioned events next
      year? Thanks.

Comment

• I think as long as the car has a factory unibody, it is allowed to compete. The idea is to keep the car as street as possible so spectacles can relate themselves to the cars they see at drift events. I really hope Formula D would keep this rule in effect no matter what because I don't want to see another NASCAR disaster. Back in the 60s and 70s, NASCAR was actually stock cars, hence the name, modified to compete. Now look at them, all the same with only the grille that sort of resemble the street version of the cars... Stock car? Give me a break.

Formula D: Ever explored the idea of a street drifting like hosting a formula d at Long Beach GP or something? That would be could as drifting is originated on the streets...

Drift on,
        Hubert Young
        Hubert Young
        KORE 8 Films

Comment

• Are there any plans on bringing more events, north of the boarder?

Comment

• possibly demo's but not comps just yet.

Comment

• How do I become an official drifter in the D series?

Comment

• Originally posted by mr2
                How do I become an official drifter in the D series?
                www.formulad.com look up safety specs, and vehicle specs. Make sure you and your car are up to standards. Pay your registration fee, show up at the event, pass a tech inspection, and try to make top 16. (this is how it was done last year) of course you could have found all this information yourself by going to their website.

If you can't be resourceful enough to find out how to enter (which is the most simple task), then good luck. You'll need lots of it.

Comment

• He actually also has to meet their specific qualifications. Quite often, they have special qualifications that aren't mentioned. Like they changed their roll cage rules just recently.

Matt.

Comment

• He actually also has to meet their specific qualifications. Quite often, they have special qualifications that aren't mentioned. Like they changed their roll cage rules just recently.
                    To my understanding, no rules have been changed. We were all supposed to comply with the SCCA rule book regarding the structural modifications to the cars in the beginning. Power is open. But because 2004 is Formula D's new this year, SCCA let a few things to fly. If they would have enforced the rules strictly, only a few cars would comply. Since Formula D has gotten on its feet now, rules will probably be strictly enforced next year. That means in general, minimum 6-point roll cages with front bars straight to the floor pan (meaning no cusco) with side bars and 5 points harness.

THE ABOVE IS JUST MY UNDERSTANDING AND SPECULATION. THEY ARE BY NO MEANS THE OFFICIAL RULES OF FORMULA D. I am pretty sure they will have a complete set of rules released by SEMA in early November.
                    Hubert Young
                    KORE 8 Films

Comment

• i was gonna give formula d a shot, but unless a cusco cage is satisfactory... not cutting the hell out of my daily driver. I guess im sticking to weekend track events and the mountains.

Comment

• Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                        To my understanding, no rules have been changed. We were all supposed to comply with the SCCA rule book regarding the structural modifications to the cars in the beginning. Power is open. But because 2004 is Formula D's new this year, SCCA let a few things to fly. If they would have enforced the rules strictly, only a few cars would comply. Since Formula D has gotten on its feet now, rules will probably be strictly enforced next year. That means in general, minimum 6-point roll cages with front bars straight to the floor pan (meaning no cusco) with side bars and 5 points harness.

THE ABOVE IS JUST MY UNDERSTANDING AND SPECULATION. THEY ARE BY NO MEANS THE OFFICIAL RULES OF FORMULA D. I am pretty sure they will have a complete set of rules released by SEMA in early November.
                        If thats the case then Chromoly will not be allowed.

Meaning, the current FD drivers with Chromoly in their car have to be taken out?

WOWZER!

-Al

Comment

• According to Al Mitch, Chairman of Solo Safety Committee, at Irwindale round 4 of Formula D, they are NOT requiring a bar connecting the front tubes of the the cage to the firewall, which is currently required in the SCCA rule book, as of now for Formula D 2005. Al said he would let us know if SCCA decides to make that as a requirement.

Based on this, I speculate that SCCA is still not too sure what they are going to do. Chromoly is outlawed in SCCA proracing but I doubt they are going to ban it for Formula D. There are always exceptions. But, just to be safe, I will try to make the car comply to the current rule book as much as possible.
                          Hubert Young
                          KORE 8 Films

Comment

• Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                            According to Al Mitch, Chairman of Solo Safety Committee, at Irwindale round 4 of Formula D, they are NOT requiring a bar connecting the front tubes of the the cage to the firewall, which is currently required in the SCCA rule book, as of now for Formula D 2005. Al said he would let us know if SCCA decides to make that as a requirement.

Based on this, I speculate that SCCA is still not too sure what they are going to do. Chromoly is outlawed in SCCA proracing but I doubt they are going to ban it for Formula D. There are always exceptions. But, just to be safe, I will try to make the car comply to the current rule book as much as possible.
                            Great!

Im building a new car and I went with the 2004 regulation. I know SCCA proracing requires the 12 point to the firewall so I made sure I had one.

I'd be very dissapointed if they ban Chromoly for 2005 season.

-Al

Comment

• Don't stress out too much guys. Regulations will not change much and the stuff you mentioned will most likely be fine. As a rule of thumb, before you post and worry everyone just email one of us or call over here. We are happy to answer any of your questions.

Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula D
                                Don't stress out too much guys. Regulations will not change much and the stuff you mentioned will most likely be fine. As a rule of thumb, before you post and worry everyone just email one of us or call over here. We are happy to answer any of your questions.

Ryan
                                Ryan,

I had the wrong email for Mike Wryght.

Can you send it to me again at truenocoupe@gmail.com

Thanks
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X