Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyndago View Post
    This is very much based in reality.

Heres the problem. No Skyline had Struts in the front. C34 had them , no R34's. They used OEM parts , but OEM parts from C34 not R34.

That is where there is an issue. Formula D can "pre approve" suspension changes. They could have said that the struts in the front are fine. SA could have said they are OEM parts , from a different Nissan.
    Formula D should just reconsider their decision, approve the SA entry and acknowledge that this situation could quickly escalate into something that may unravel more and more things. A sanctioning body can also stand behind their competitors and acknowledge a good thing when it comes...even if it comes from the land of the rising sun.

Comment

I'm Brian

Who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
        So...with the mere idea of Autobacs not being able to come out to play, does anyone think that this will negatively impact the growth of drifting in the USA?
        Growth in the USA, no. FD's popularity, yes. Politics are a dangerous field and they could end up burning themselves if they push it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          I'm Brian

Who are you?
          Hes their transport and I believe part of their track support.

He also does the same for Juicebox and Harry Shelley

Comment

remember the day when we all had corollas and 240s and it was fun, cheap, and everyone got along?

Comment

driftroids

Comment

Interesting how Formula DRIFT allows in an entire SCION FF car because it's based on AWD euro-Toyota chassis and turns around to a Nissan and says they can't use OEM parts from another Nissan with the same chassis.

Toyota Avenesis

Scion TC

Nissan Stagea (AKA Skyline Wagon)

Skyline

The Stagea even comes with both suspension setups...same part #'s and everything. Here you go...same chassis, both Stagea engine bays, the car is available with both suspension setups.

Notice the Stagea is also RB26 powered?

Hmmmm

Did I mention it's the Skyline Wagon?

So same chassis Scion is ok but same chassis Nissan is no good? Seems like Formula D has alot of explaining to do...

Comment

yeah, why does scion get the ok but nissan gets the boot? base your rules off either chassis or model but apply that rule to every car

8.1.1.5 Vehicles that do not meet the above eligibility criteria must petition for Approval from Formula Drift.

8.3.1 The basic OEM suspension design must remain. Any changes to design type suspension must be preaproved by Formula Drift.

8.3.3 Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by Formula Drift.
                  so even if they have a problem with it being from another model, why did formula d not approve the suspension? i don't understand? not tubeframe cheatertype stuff, if it's all oem and they allow other cars to be approved with crazy suspension design changes and fabwork, why is the skyline the only car that gets picked on? i saw the car in person at round 2 and it is simple and clean compared to the likes of the super fab cars in the series like the sky, gto, solstice, tc, etc.
                  Last edited by fuchu34; 07-01-2008, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                    Hes their transport and I believe part of their track support.

He also does the same for Juicebox and Harry Shelley
                    I'm the transporter... ;-) I'm also the key holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      I'm Brian

Who are you?
                      I'm Victor. Nobody knows me.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                        remember the day when we all had corollas and 240s and it was fun, cheap, and everyone got along?
                        It's still fun...maybe not so cheap, and all the true people still get along.

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                          It's been said that the modifications done to the Autobacs car is merely a glimpse into the future.
                          That's what I like to hear.

Comment

Scion actually does not even need to explain itself according to the Formula Drift rules.

8.1.1.5 Vehicles that do not meet the above eligibility criteria must petition for Approval from Formula Drift.

If Scion/ RSR petitions to get permission , they can run any car. Formula Drift has the power to approve or not allow any car.

8.3.3 Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by Formula Drift.

Is there is a public list of pre-approved aftermarket suspension parts ?

In SCCA World Challenge, each vehicle had what was called a VTS sheet. Vehicle Technical Sheet. The VTS sheet listed the allowed modifications to each car. For instance, the Cadillac had the engine set back 10 inches and down 4 inches to be "competitive". The rear frame rails were raised, the whole body was lowered over the floor. All in the name of competition.

From what I understand, Formula Drift does not have any kind of pre-approved list. They should.

Comment

Is there is a public list of pre-approved aftermarket suspension parts ?
                              Did anyone know that rule 8.3.3 states that Modified or aftermarket suspension parts are only allowed if pre-approved by FORMULA DRIFT. Unless every single team got a pre-approval, then I guess every single team is in violation of this rule.

Maybe the pre-approval was a "nod and a wink", and I wasn't paying attention. Oh wait, I should ask how much it costs to pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by markshatchi86 View Post
                                Those days are still here.
                                ALL STAR BASH

Comment

Working...
                                X