Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow myself to introduce...myself...

Hey there,
    I'm new to this message board and drifting in general and thought I'd just say hello. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section or if there is a thread for this kind of message. Figured I would say that ahead of time.
    Now, I've been lurking on here reading threads and finding alot of useful info. As of this moment I don't have a car for drifting (I drive an 87 GMC Truck...the only drifting that happens is when the roads are icy...) though I have been looking up information about drifting and how to get started so I found the noob forum very helpful.
    As far as what vehicle I would be looking to get I have been interested in Nissan s13's and s14's since they are in a more attainable price range for me. Nissanguy_24's posts have been very interesting and helpful though I'm not in the money at the moment, but that doesn't mean that until I am in the money that I can't learn all I can.
    I am hoping that I can meet others who are close to where I am that drift who might be alright with a noob checking it out first hand. For now I will have to watch my drift vids I've downloaded and my Initial D eps. lol I know Initial D isn't that realistic, but it does have a few nuggets of truth in there.
    Well, that'll do it I think so I hope I'll be hearing from some of you and enjoying drifting even more in the future.

Hi welcome to the board. I have 240sx, it is way tight. Get one. You will enjoy it.

Comment

Thanks. There is actually one at a used car lot just up the street from my house. I know it has some front bumper damage, but it's not too bad. I haven't got the keys from the deal to hear it since I don't have the money right now it would only tease me I think. lol Then again I'm teasing myself as it is reading all this info on drifting and 240's lol so I suppose it's a moot point huh? lol

Comment

Sounds good to me....

We all gotta start someplace.....and you're headed in the right direction

Good luck with everything

( D_G )

Comment

Thanks, I'll probably need it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
            Hi welcome to the board. I have 240sx, it is way tight. Get one. You will enjoy it.
            Reminds me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, when Ferris describes the 250GT Spyder:
            "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

Welcome. Search before you ask questions and you won't have any problems.

Comment

Way ahead of you. lol Read first ask questions second. lol For now though I am just checking everything out. Most of my questions won't really appear until I've got myself a 240sx (preferably a s13 89-94 coupe model...not into hatchbacks, but if there's not alternative...lol) and can get some real hands on learning for drifting. For now I drive my huge 87 GMC Truck and play video games trying to drift in those (not the truck though I think I might have once...kinda...). I know it's not even realistic, but gotta get my fix where I can. lol

Speaking of Ferris' Day Off I like the part where Cameron goes on his rant about his dad and the car after he realises they can't undo the mileage. "Who do you love? You love a car!" lol You know what's coming, but you can't help it. Gotta let him air out his demons. lol
              Last edited by ArmChairDrifter; 12-17-2004, 02:57 PM.

Comment

(preferably a s13 89-94 coupe model...not into hatchbacks, but if there's not alternative...lol)
                I wasn't either, until I got mine.

Comment

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about coupes or 240s in general.

Comment

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about coupes or 240s in general.
                    Know any place that will fix my oil leak for free?

Comment

Working...
                    X