ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOPI Street Performance Compact Magazine, Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPI Street Performance Compact Magazine, Dead?

just when they were doing more with drifting, i hear the magazine is dead and finished. Anyone else hear about this ????

I didn't even know it existed in the first place. DOH! BTW, Do any of you buy from NOPI in the first place? I don't.

Comment

Welcome to the baords!
      regarding NOPI magazine>No I did not hear that. It is still on the shelves at the Grocery I work at.
      Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 12-16-2004, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
        I didn't even know it existed in the first place. DOH! BTW, Do any of you buy from NOPI in the first place? I don't.
        I sure dont buy parts from nopi, but i was following the drift car build. It was tough to keep track ofit when the book is out every 2 mthns.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me...I use to write for them and PLEADED with them to ignore the midwest Neon/Cavalier/Sunfire/Civic with APC crap market...they wouldn't listen. I wrote a strongly worded letter to them when their new editor came on board telling them to get their act together and to follow trendsetters, not people playing catch up and sorry to say, the Neon/Cavalier/Focus/Sunfire show car segment in the midwest hardly generates the excitement that drifting and the big turbo cars do. The editor and I fought over the phone and we parted ways.

The staff was mostly old white guys employed by American Media (National Enquirer), but some free lancers brought terrific muscle car experience, but they wanted to apply tired old formulas to this magazine....it was doomed, especially when they changed main editors.

I remember them telling me they were going to build a project car...was it a Supra? Nope. FD? Nope. 240 drift car? Nope. Their choice? A Honda Element. With painted on flames.

Comment

you can NOT go wrong with an element . any plans for fast & furious 4, craig?

Comment

Dude...they're still working on #3!!

Comment

I remember them telling me they were going to build a project car...was it a Supra? Nope. FD? Nope. 240 drift car? Nope. Their choice? A Honda Element. With painted on flames.
                I have that issue. Thats the only one I have. It is ok. Has like 2 drift pictures in it.

Comment

Dude...they're still working on #3!!
                  Please tell me it isn't ricey anymore...And there is drifting/touge in it.

Comment

Too early to tell....read the "Fast & Furious True Hollywood Story" section on my site, www.moviecarz.com.

The user logon is: craig
                    Password: craig

This will expire in 72 hours, so have fun browsing.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
                        Please tell me it isn't ricey anymore...And there is drifting/touge in it.

dude, that movie DEFINES rice.... and do you really want drifting/touge in it?

yo, craig, ythis your email

tuner455@hotmail.com

?

Comment

Nope.

My email address is clieberman@magnaflow.com or liebermc1@cox.net

Comment

I hope 3 fast 3 furiouser wont be one long arse mitsubishi add like the second one was. At least in the original F&F the guy had an actually modded car (the green eclipse.) Sure, it was ricey, but at least it had all the happy mods (T4 Tubro, BOV, etc.) compared to the EVO8 with just a body kit and NOS. Also in the original there was an FD, a Maxima (ok so what), a 240sx, an R33, and a Jetta. Thats a pretty big variety of star cars compared to the 2f2f which has a mitsu evo and a new and anti-improved eclipse spyder with a stupid paint job.

Comment

Its as much about paid product placement as it is about what cars are cool.

If Honda gives them 20 million, the movie will be about Hondas.

Comment

Working...
                              X