LSD or no LSD??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD or no LSD??

I was wondering, do all 240sx's come factory equipt with LSD? I just want to know cuz if it does then I know I have a little time before I spend $900 on a KAAZ LSD. Thanks.

Originally posted by Inferno
    I was wondering, do all 240sx's come factory equipt with LSD? I just want to know cuz if it does then I know I have a little time before I spend $900 on a KAAZ LSD. Thanks.
    No, I believe the only models that came with a LSD are the HICAS models which most drifters wouldn't want.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabapple
      No, I believe the only models that came with a LSD are the HICAS models which most drifters wouldn't want.

I think it's the SE models that had a VLSD available

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost
        I think it's the SE models that had a VLSD available

i disagree, my car is an SE model and it didnt come with VLSD....they only came wit the HICAS models....

Comment

yup only hicas models came with vlsd on the us models. As for se models i think on the s14 vlsd was optional. vlsd isn't that great anyways just get a kaaz, tomei, cusco, or ats.

Comment

Originally posted by 180sxdorift2
            i disagree, my car is an SE model and it didnt come with VLSD....they only came wit the HICAS models....
            available....meaning option

Comment

I got clutch type LSD's for S13's comming in from japan maybe next friday
              e-mail me for details

Maxfrommisawa@aol.com

Max

Comment

vlsd was an option formthe se's, but stndard on hicas modles.

Comment

Ok...
                  89-94 model 240sx...L.S.D. was available with HICAS ONLY! you could not get it on non-hicas model...sorta of like HUD was available on coupe only not fast-back.
                  95-98 model 240sx...V.L.S.D came on SE models only...I think regular L.S.D. could have been on the 95-96 but I am not sure.

Comment

hicas or not it will slide

Originally posted by Crabapple
                    i have 92 240sx with hicas and even though i have to drift with more umph! it still drifts , more on topic though if want to get serious with your drifting i say get a 2 way lsd it will make a world of difference, side note if buy a s13 w/ hicas, you can always get a hicas "ellimitor" (don't know if i spelled that right) i hear its cheaper and you still get a okay lsd without all the hicas action and sh*t

Comment

Hi, can you tell me the diference betwen a 89 240SX HICAS model and a non HICAS model and how can i see if my 240 has an LSD or not?

Help me, please.

Comment

Put your car up on jack stands in the rear. Spin one wheel. If the other wheel spins the same way you have LSD. If it spins the other way you do not. LSD is one of the best mods you can make IMHO. Just make sure you spend the cash on a reputable brand. The price difference is not that great and you will know that you have an LSD that will last and has a well backed warranty.

Comment

from nissan usa's website

LIMITED-SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
                          MSRP:$895.87
                          SPECS: 4 pinion, 70 ld-ft breakaway torque, not for street use. These products do not carry any type of warranty.

APPLICATION: 1989-1998 240SX with out OE LSD

Specifications and pricing subject to change without notice. Some accessories may require dealer installation, which is not included in the MSRP. Dealer sets actual price.
                          Available only at your Nissan Dealer.

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,,...CMP=KNC-Google

So if you buy a NISMO LSD for 900 bucks and it has no warranty what the diffrence if you buy a no name brand (for less) with no warranty?
                          hahahahaha

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno
                            not al 240's come with LSD, but you could always get the VLSD from a junked 240. Its not as good as LSD. but its only a fraction of the price. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

Originally posted by JA240
                            Hi, can you tell me the diference betwen a 89 240SX HICAS model and a non HICAS model and how can i see if my 240 has an LSD or not?

Help me, please.
                            The HICAS i believe is only on 91-94, and is four wheel steering.

Comment

Apparently all Canadian 240SX models came with an LSD stock because of the generally icier conditions, but I don't know how true this is. USDM S13s only had the LSD offered as an option if you had elected to purchase the sports handling kit, which was basically HICAS and a few other goodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X