No announcement yet.

Trapping ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping, Brake checking, strategy, or what ever you want to call it does happen more then I would like to see. I have a few reasons for this.

Its usually done by a higher hp car to a lower hp car because a lower hp car has less of a chance to keep thier drift or regain speed after the clipping point.

Second reason, we take off points to a lead car if he does not go within 90% of his qualifying run. When we do take off points from the lead car, usually the fans dont understand why that driver lost.

Last and most important, I feel that these tactics cause unnessary tension between the drivers and teams.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
      Trapping, Brake checking, strategy, or what ever you want to call it does happen more then I would like to see. I have a few reasons for this.

Its usually done by a higher hp car to a lower hp car because a lower hp car has less of a chance to keep thier drift or regain speed after the clipping point.

Second reason, we take off points to a lead car if he does not go within 90% of his qualifying run. When we do take off points from the lead car, usually the fans dont understand why that driver lost.

Last and most important, I feel that these tactics cause unnessary tension between the drivers and teams.
      Ah, finally some light shed on this by one of the professionals!

Somehow I knew that you wouldn't like the whole thing. Not that I disagree with you or anything..I just knew "If anyone would have something against these tactics it would be Alex P."

Ok so now that we know how you feel about it..have you taken any steps to to see if you could make "brake checking" or "trapping" against the rules?

Im not challenging you or anything I just seriously want to know if you've tried to see if you could put an end to it.

I thought that something like that would be easy..but then I forgot that Rhys Millen is on the advisory board and from what I hear he loves to use brake checking more than anyone! hehe

Comment

Taniguchi was the master at "trapping". He would always run a wide line and close the clipping point. It made it seem to the other cars they had a chance to pass.

I feel it's a good tactic. It will keep the chasing driver more focused on following the leading line, rather than trying to pass at every opportunity.

Comment

All of us old G drifters just drive our hearts out when leading and it's up to the chaser to try to close in but not to pass. I strongly agree with Alex's rule of taking off points the lead car if they don't see at least 90% effort of the qualifying runs from the lead car.

Let's all try to get more "front bumper to door handle the whole way" action and not focus on "trapping" and passing.
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Who i've seen use this alot is Kazama. I believe it's a tactic, most of the time the one being chased will go into a corner a bit wide, allowing his apponent to think that he could make it through and pass, as soon as he sees the chaser move in he speeds up and traps the chaser forcing him to slow down and sometimes loses his angle, where most of the times he will have to swerve back yet loosing the points for that curve.

would this be the same as break checking?
            Last edited by silver_beast; 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X