ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonights May 30 Drift Session was Crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights May 30 Drift Session was Crazy!

This was the biggest Drift Session 1 Practice I've ever seen. We had over 100 local drifters, and at least 1000 spectators. This is pretty crazy because it was only a practice session. It happened at night too which made it even more fun. As soon as I find some pics of the event I'll be sure to post the link here. I got some video, but its not very good photography. There were a total of 5 or 6 crashes which isn't that bad considering how many people were drifting. There were three sections to drift, with about 15min waits at each line. Cost was $20 a driver, and track was open from 6:30pm to 10:00pm. I was having an off night so I only drifted 11 times then called it quits. My transmission broke (the Auto finally dies!) so I didnt have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gear, and it would slip above 4,500 rpm in first. So I basically only had first gear up to 4,500 rpm to keep the wheels spinning. On top of that my steering is goofed, at full lock right the wheels only turn about 50-60 % of what they are supposed to turn. Full lock left was perfect, so the steering was very unbalanced and left turns were pretty hard. I ran stock 16x8 wheels with 245/50/16 RE730's on the front at 32psi and 225/50/16 Yokohama AVS 100's stretched on the rear at 42 psi. I was very happy with the AVS's on the rear, it gave me a lot of confidence to throw the car around (very predictable). I think I'll be running higher grip stretched tires in the rear from now on. I did experience some sidewall rolling with the 50 series tires in the front, so I think its time to move up to the 17's. Even with my jacked up car, I still had a lot of fun. E-Brake is still not grabbing hard enough to lock the rear, so I mainly used 1st gear power over and a lot of weight transfer to get it going. I did not crash at all, but I did spin out 3 times (not including the skid pad where I tried to blow the AVS's up hahaha). I did have a problem on the straights, I couldnt Choku Dori good because the power kept cutting off (I like to Choku above 50mph and Tranny kept slipping so I couldnt go that fast). Car kept regripping and making my Domestic look dumb to the crowd since they were all sitting facing the straightaway (I was the only Domestic there hehe). Cant wait for next months event, I'll have another Auto Tranny swapped in there, steering fixed, and already got my 17's ready to go with stretched Nitto NT450's on the rear.
    Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 05-31-2004, 04:40 AM.

whoa, that sounds awesome

Comment

Man I wish I was there drifting with everyone atleast that wedding wasnt that bad. They served drinks so I got buzzed...sadly not drunk though Oh well...I'll see you all at the July drift session. Cause next month I'll be in Oregon *slaps forehead*

Comment

20 dollar practice sessions? man thats what we need around here. 100 bucks every time you use the track is hard for most young guys.

Comment

ya the hawaiian drift sessions are a blast. i have been to quite a few and its a good deal. i need to get back there soon. i'm tired of this mainland stuf...

Comment

God $20 a driver.... T_T

Comment

Yeah, we had one here in Michigan. The first practice day. My car is still down but I finally found an engine so looks like I might become a real drifter soon. Are's was $50 from 1 pm to 6 pm with only like 10 drivers or so. One guy hit the wall and two other cars had problems so it wasn't that bad of a day. The one guy was really pissed but oh well he was a new drifter. We actually had some talent there. Kick question is choku dori the same or different from manji dori because it sounds like the same to me. Unless I have my terms backwards.

Comment

I dunno, probably the same. Usually done on a straight away in between turns, swaying drift back and forth. Basically an excuse not to regain traction on straights. Hehe!

Wish you coulda been there Chris. You would have loved it except for the extremely long lines (way longer than we are used to). And it would have been good to have a Domestic there with POWER, cuz my IROC is so jacked up, even slower than my old RS man ... people in the stands were talking crap I'm sure ...

Comment

$20 events make me wish I was over there!

Hawaii guys are lucky with their rampant access to HRP!

Comment

sounds Awesome!

I just hope they find something before the end of 2007 when they close it down. would really SUUUUXXX if there was no where to drift!

Comment

That it would.

Comment

Yeah I dunno, our track sucks. The new one is gonna be a lot better (double the turns!). It would suck if the current one closed down before the new one was done. Guarantee people would be doing a lot of crazy stuff on the street.

I found some coverage! Thank you HS3.Net! Check out their coverage at www.hs3.net titled 'Drift Session Nights' courtesy of Conor Isaacs.
                        Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 06-01-2004, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                          20 dollar practice sessions? man thats what we need around here. 100 bucks every time you use the track is hard for most young guys.
                          "Craig, the word of today is job. J-O-B, job! Go get one!"

Comment

Working...
                          X