Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMI Racing Needs Your Support for Formula Drift R3 New Jersey

Hi Everyone!!

We have been presented with many tough struggles this season, but we have kept fighting each challenge that is presented to us. This has led us to being short on the budget for next round - Formula Drift Round 3 New Jersey. This is pretty much Brian Wilkerson's home track, and in some ways similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXSO...eature=channel

We had a great time trekking across the USA to Atlanta GA, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner along the way, and updating everyone on facebook. We kept everything as simple as possible in Atlanta, including sleeping at the track (Road Atlanta has great facilities) and we want to do it again, not just for us, but for all our fans as well.

We also want to give Brian Wilkerson the opportunity to show the drift community his talents and abilities (if they don't already know it).

We are a low budget team with high expectations, where, putting parts on the RX8 4 Rotor are more important than buying new shoes, and Ramen noodles are your best friend.

We have decided to reach out to our fans to help us make it to the New Jersey Round. By making a contribution to the team we will put your name on the car; if not the New Jersey Round (due to time constraints) it will be on there for round 4 in Monroe, WA. Even if you cannot help us with a monetary contribution we appreciate any showing of support for BMI Racing. We want the whole drift community to know how great our fans are!

Below is a link we have set up for anyone that wishes to contribute, just click on the "ChipIn" link on the right,and thank you again for your suport

http://bmiracing.chipin.com/mypages/...ff948df8ba967d

Thank you!

Best Regards
    Sarah Burgess
    BMI Racing

ehhh im a die hard rotary fan

but you guys are pretty new and have not made such a impact in the sport yet to be really asking for handouts imo

might want to stay in cali and keep on developing the car

good luck

Comment

wow, pretty sure that IF they were 'established' like you want, they wouldn't need the help.

help if you can, if not, just say goodluck?

you prolly dont know they had engine trouble in ATL and prolly had to dump a lot of money into a fix instead of the next event.

wilkerson is good people and ill fight anyone who says otherwise... in a thumbwar.

Comment

While I appreciate your thoughts on the situation. I wouldn't have put the post up if I didn't think it was justifiable.

In 8 months I have had over 300,000 views on my videos, and in 4 months have had over 4,000 people join us on Facebook.

We are a small team, and passionate about what we do, we have been involved with drag racing and drifting back in Australia, and we moved here to continue on with what we enjoy.

We have had a lot of support from those that are in the industry, and quite a few other Formula D competitors want to see us at the next event.

We will keep on doing the best that we can.

Regards
        Sarah

Comment

Having lurked this board for sometime now and this post irritated me enough to join.

A die hard rotary fan wouldn't insult and make a contrite/ignornant statement as to further bring down a fledgling startup team!

For example "you guys are pretty new and have not made such a impact" NO KIDDING! They're a new team, judging by your lack of grammatical competence one can tell understanding something being new and lack of impact coincide! AMAZING!

But, and this is a big but; I have now seen this car twice once in Atlanta and once on display at SEMA (also leaving SEMA and that was a spectacle in itself). Having talked with Adam and Sarah (ya thats their team husband and wife for those that dont know) at length its nice to see people in this industry that have a passion and aren't in it for the money (cause there is none ).
          With new addition and even sweeter hair cut Wilkerson, they can make a bigger impact so you say, but it takes time and money WHICH THEY ARE ASKING FOR BECAUSE THEY ARE A GRASSROOTS START UP! again difficult to understand for someone never involved in motorsport.
          -SEMA tons of attention on the car, from photo-shoots to a few magazine friends of mine asking to do DVD features etc. Its a unique vehicle with an even more unique sound.
          -Atlanta; the car broke still didn't stop them from sourcing parts and trying to get it back out there to compete. Tons of vids of the car letting people rev the car in the pits etc etc. = win/impact. Put simply they are fun and fun to watch.

What I'm trying to convey to someone who hasn't taken a risk bigger than eating Taco Bell and not having a bathroom within walking distance is this;
          -These guys are new they are trying to start a team to actually compete in the circuit. Not having a major paying title sponsor = unless your independently wealthy is dam near impossible to do. Sarah and Adam are blue collar working folk trying to get a foot into a sport they love. If you cant comprehend the cost / risk involved because you've never campaigned a car = dont post simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

but you guys are pretty new and have not made such a impact in the sport yet to be really asking for handouts imo

good luck
            new or not, they're out there doing it and putting a seat beneath a veteran's butt

kudos BMI, and good luck this season!

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
              wow, pretty sure that IF they were 'established' like you want, they wouldn't need the help.

help if you can, if not, just say goodluck?

you prolly dont know they had engine trouble in ATL and prolly had to dump a lot of money into a fix instead of the next event.

wilkerson is good people and ill fight anyone who says otherwise... in a thumbwar.
              No not really... when Taka (a established name) reached out everyone supported. Why, because he had been doing this forever and he just got dropped from his corporate tire sponsor. He needed and deserved help... and he actually backed it up.

Wilkerson is the best up and coming driver based on the east coast PERIOD. Zombie Horse will be a awsome ride.

But I cant justify donating money to a team that hasnt even qualified for a event yet.

Comment

Wow man, that's pretty harsh. Did it ever occur to you that they are asking for help so they CAN go qualify and move up the ranks?

If they can't get the help they need, they are wasting their driver's time.

Comment

There are fewer mom-and-pop type operations in FD than just a few years ago, due to rising costs. This is a race team that easily could have put their car into Time Attack or car show circuit, but instead chose to go drifting. They are giving a very deserving driver a turnkey opportunity to focus on driving and not spending thousands building his car, trailering to events, buying tires, etc...

There need to be more teams like BMI, allowing drivers like Brian Wilkerson to just focus on driving. These drivers don't need to stress themselves out with worrying about getting to each event, or it will show in their driving.

I donated to the cause. I hope others do as well.

Comment

PS - as some of you know, NJ has one of the most die-hard Rotary communities here in the US. If there's 1 event that deserves to see this 4-rotor car in person, it's NJ!

Comment

blaze1 what impact have you made on the sport ? except for being a forum f@g ???

Comment

But I cant justify donating money to a team that hasnt even qualified for a event yet.
                        I can, and did. Best of luck BMI!

I'm with Jacob on this one. I wish there were more "mom and pop" style teams getting in on this action.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

good luck
                          Thats NOT how you support this industry.

Do your thing BMI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AE86_Fan View Post
                            blaze1 what impact have you made on the sport ? except for being a forum f@g ???

I support sponsors... I'm a consumer. I worked in the industry ages ago... don't know if I made a impact.

Other then being a forum f@g.

Now what do you do?

Not trying to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* or anything... but what exactly do you do? lol

Wow man, that's pretty harsh. Did it ever occur to you that they are asking for help so they CAN go qualify and move up the ranks?
                            Yeah, that's true but the same goes for the other 40+ teams out there. And seldom do we see a team ask for direct financial support from the fans....in any motor sport. And in this situation, it almost seems unprofessional and is obviously not original.

I really do wish the team luck, I still have high hopes for the team. I just don't think this is the way to go around it for them.

Originally posted by 2JZdude View Post
                            Thats NOT how you support this industry.

Do your thing BMI!!!
                            The race team is the middle man between the sponsor and the consumer. You support the industry by supporting the sponsors involved.

Momo
                            Haltech
                            DBA (best brake rotor in the world!)
                            Mazdaspeed
                            K&N

I own many products from these companies, these companies just so happen to sponsor BMI. I think I've done my fair share of support lol.
                            Last edited by Bebop; 05-25-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to Jason, Collin, Jacob and the others for the kind words. Sarah & Adam at BMI Racing are a die hard team that have a TON of passion for the sport of drifting and im glad to be a part of that team. Ill be out @ Wall to spectate and support regardless, but id rather be there wearing my suit and blowing out ear drums with this RX8.

Comment

Working...
                              X