(FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH l 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    My only problem was that I spoke to some of the car show participants & they were complaining about not getting judged & being in the secluded area. One of the guys complained that they couldn't leave because the entrance was block & they had to wait until the drifting was done to leave.
    Thats the case with nearly every car show in the US. There's a few exceptions, but in general, you get there early early in the morning (or the day before) and you are stuck there until AFTER the end of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
      Thats the case with nearly every car show in the US. There's a few exceptions, but in general, you get there early early in the morning (or the day before) and you are stuck there until AFTER the end of the show.
      The carshow had to wait till the streets were opened. People need to remember that we actually use city streets.

Comment

slapshotnerd- Thank you for the kind words.

Jrod- I really appreciate the passion you have for FD bro!!

I had a great time. It was a wonderful experience. I now need to scrape together some cash to make it to Washington!!

I hope my wrestlers can make it there too

-Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by TURNS101 View Post
          slapshotnerd- Thank you for the kind words.

Jrod- I really appreciate the passion you have for FD bro!!

I had a great time. It was a wonderful experience. I now need to scrape together some cash to make it to Washington!!

I hope my wrestlers can make it there too

-Jeff
          Keep doing what you're doing Jeff, it's paying off and people like your steez!
          Thanks for the compliments and I do what's I do, I'm a fan just like the next person including yourself...
          We're all fans of it otherwise we wouldn't be doing it!

Thanks and look forward to seeing the "little green car" at more FD events!

Comment

Overall, I thought the event was fun, organized, busy & the staff was very nice .

My only problem was that I spoke to some of the car show participants & they were complaining about not getting judged & being in the secluded area. One of the guys complained that they couldn't leave because the entrance was block & they had to wait until the drifting was done to leave.
            This happens at just about every car show. It's to no surprise that some car show people can care less about the "main event" for the day. So, as soon as they realize that they didn't get any kind of trophy, they want to leave. Staff-Pro had ONE gate out there they had control over. They COULD have allowed cars to leave, but they couldn't guarantee that the car show participants would NOT turn right down that street and end up at turn 11 of the course. So...the best thing to do with a shorthanded staff is to just not let them leave JUST yet. That doesn't sound like a crime. Besides, they should be watching the finals. =)

As for my opinion of the drifting, it is about time JR wins. As always I expect Rhys & Tanner to get some place on the podium. Congrats guys. Wish all the drivers weren't so busy so that I could do more interviews with them & ask them cool questions. Next time I guess & I will get a microphone too.
            You should have been there on Thursday and/or partied with them on Sat night! Interrupting their rhythm on event day sometimes isn't the best time to stick a camera in their faces. =)

The live video feeds were awesome too. Too bad they take a long time to load & freezes sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post
              UH-mazing!!!!!
              Thank you drift fans and of course sponsors, media, crews and last but definitely not least the PILOTS behind the wheel!!!

Progression in more ways than one, vehicles, driving and professionalism!

I personally had a great time! I feel bad for the GA bleachers and would love for everybody to come and sit with me in the judging stand, I feel lucky and blessed for what I'm able to do and experience every drift event...

congrats Vaughn, Rhys and Tanner for some more carbon fiber in your diet (the FD trophies are carbon fiber)

Thanks again fans and see you in Atlanta!
              Your Santa Claus comment was awesome! It was epic in its own right. =)

Comment

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                This happens at just about every car show. It's to no surprise that some car show people can care less about the "main event" for the day. So, as soon as they realize that they didn't get any kind of trophy, they want to leave. Staff-Pro had ONE gate out there they had control over. They COULD have allowed cars to leave, but they couldn't guarantee that the car show participants would NOT turn right down that street and end up at turn 11 of the course. So...the best thing to do with a shorthanded staff is to just not let them leave JUST yet. That doesn't sound like a crime. Besides, they should be watching the finals. =)
                Yeah, I know what everyone is saying about waiting until the event is over to open the gates. It's much safer. I am just quoting what others were telling me...don't kill the messenger feedback person. Btw, there were some pretty sweet cars at the car show section. I loved the clean 510 & R33.

Originally posted by courantcom View Post
                You should have been there on Thursday and/or partied with them on Sat night! Interrupting their rhythm on event day sometimes isn't the best time to stick a camera in their faces. =)
                I get it that's why I didn't bother most of them. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFD View Post
                  The carshow had to wait till the streets were opened. People need to remember that we actually use city streets.
                  Whomever thought of using Long beach city streets is a GENIUS!

Comment

The GA bleachers really sucked. Good thing I bought tickets early and sat in the reserve. My friends that sat in the GA section vowed they would never come out to this event unless they sat in reserved. I heard alot of bitching and moaning out there in the GA. Not only do you see only 1 turn of action, you couldn't even see the jumbo screen to watch the replays.

A couple years ago, there were 2 jumbo screens at the event. What happened to that? What happened to the other bleachers that were across the judging tower?
                    Ya GA seats are not the greatest and with the event growing year over year we will probably have to make adjustments for those that do not but reserve early enough as reserve was sold out before the gates event opened. We are only able to use the grandstands allotted to us so when the GP removes or alters grandstands, FD too has to make adjustments. That being said, all of the old grandstand 21 is what is now the expanded grandstand 18. So those seats are actually in a great area and have not been removed, GS 18 is just bigger and that is a better viewing area anyway. The GA seats have been the same since we started and we are considering running video feeds to those grandstands next year. There is only one jumbo because that is what we bring in. There was two one year because the Grand Prix had one extra that we could use. That is now not the case.

Hope that helps

Comment

loving the feedback! guessing that Round 2 will be a completely different set-up? Hoping to get a view of the whole track cause I hate POOP viewing spots. Have watch A LOT of the footage video's from all over and the skills look second to none

Comment

Thanks for the reply FD. Would you be able to erect a set of bleachers and remove them after the event just to get more people in there, hence, more revenue? The old location of Grandstand 21 is being wasted for the event in my opinion.

Just guessing with these figures:

1000 seats x $25/person = $25000

$25,000 - $10,000 (cost of bleachers) = $15,000 PROFIT

That equals more money, more money towards Ryan's Lamborghini and Jim's Ferrari....or whatever it was in that post a while back. lol
                        Last edited by OldSkool510; 04-14-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

The live feed is the best thing ever. From a driver that wanted to be there in the wost way, the live feed saved me from constantly checking for updates. It did kill my entire friday though

I tuned in on Friday morning while they were still setting up and watched it all the way to the end of the day. I was expecting some web-cam type broadcast but then when there were different views and re-plays I was thrilled with the production.

Formula D really does not "half-*Censored**Censored**Censored*" anything they get into. Two thumbs up, great job, see you in atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                          X