Go Back   DRIFTING.com > General Forum > General Chat (DRIFTING Discussion/News and SITE Updates)
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Feint
ドリフト

Drifting's Easy According To Christian Rado

Let me take some quotes from the latest SCC where this drag racer rambles on about it being easy,and D1 cars looking ghetto.

"I've been training to go drifting my entire life"

His way of saying he's qualified for drifting.Oh and what was that training again?

"There's no mystery to drifting,just solid techiniques;basiclly what I've been doing since high-school to showoff"

His training,doing donuts in high-school,that doesn't make you a good drifter,if a drifter at all

"A lot of cars looked pretty ghetto in D1,they were beat up and looked it"

wtf...That could even be considered a jab at one of this boards members.You crash in D1,you crash drifting.

Did I also mention that Christian is going to be entering the Drift Showoff with a Toyota Tacoma X truck?

Listen to this "Our truck will bespeak professionalism,from contract patch to the black paint on the roof.Our team will have a great looking transporter,uniforms that match and aggressively friendly attitude in the pits.".

Yeah,sure Christian.Wait til you crash that truck,which I'm sure will be even before your first competition

He even takes a shot at all of the D1 drivers.

"Way too many of the guys at D1 seemed surly to the fans;like they'd rather slump over in a lawn chair and inhale Marlboro Reds than shake hands,sign autographs,or even listen to questions"

The only surly guy here is you Christian,keep telling yourself that you,Mr.Christian Rado is going to magicly change drifting,like your some kind of hero.I hope you drown in your own arrogance.

"Wow.I understand that a lot of guys there didn't speak english,but that's no excuse for not representing yourself, your team,and your sponsors well"

When did the D1 drivers poorly represent themselves,their team,and their sponsors? Once again,the "I'm better" attitude.What language are they going to talk to everyone with,sign langauge? Or maybe they could use morse code by implementing exhaust notes right? C'mon,let's send you to Japan and watch you do better.Actually,maybe your better off not going,you'd just make Japan hate all Americans.

Last edited by Feint; 05-23-2004 at 12:59 PM.
Feint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
180onthebricks.
bOrrOsTYlez

Send a message via AIM to 180onthebricks. Send a message via Yahoo to 180onthebricks.
thanks feint this is the guy we should have booed instead of that whole rhys millen incident

this guy doesnt even respect the drivers who founded the sport and its more than what u learn in some driving school when u were a lil snot nose like him.

He must think hes the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with all that factory backing
makes me sick to hear somthin like that
180onthebricks. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
Drift IT
Pro Drift Watcher

Send a message via AIM to Drift IT
...............that guy needs to go home with hisself...
Drift IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:38 PM   #4
AE86_drift
Keepin it sideways

Send a message via AIM to AE86_drift
It's guys like him that make the Americans look stupid. They represent their sponsers by partcipating in D1.
AE86_drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:26 PM   #5
Feint
ドリフト

Imo,he's too cocky for someone who hasn't even taken the time to learn about drifting,respect the people behind it,or even enter a competition.The factory backing is ridiculous,obviously he is fully backed by Toyota(also mentioned in the article).I really hope the American and Japanese drivers pull this guy back down to earth and show him that you can't just wake up and drift pro.I look foward to seeing this reality check in the near future,it's evident that it will hit like a brick wall.

The D1 drivers,the ones that I've met,were more than happy to sign autographs and answer questions,I also believe that they all represented their sponsors quite well.They all seem very humble to me,and are pretty close to the fans.Just look at the drivers on this board,we even had Alex Pfeiffer tell us what he done to get to where he is today.To me,that really doesn't seem surly at all,I don't know where he gets off on this.

The worst part is,he has a magazine to talk the trash,a factory sponsorship to do what he wants,but there is one thing that money and sponsorships can't help,that's skill.We'll see how well he does,and if he wins that Drift Showoff,and "shows" the Japanese and American drivers how a D1 "should be done".
Feint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
D1 DRIFTER

i say...

if i see him im pimp slap his *Censored**Censored**Censored* and tell him to stick to drag racing!
D1 DRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:37 PM   #7
MrodDrft
Dorifto Pic King

Send a message via AIM to MrodDrft
he wont make it far in the competions dont worry
MrodDrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
chrisfromda909

ive never heard of a toyota tacoma X; what is it?
Old 05-23-2004, 04:46 PM   #9
RallyGT
Domestic Drifter

Send a message via AIM to RallyGT
Christian Rado and Ken Nomura should fight...
RallyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #10
RallyGT
Domestic Drifter

Send a message via AIM to RallyGT
And....
Drag Racing is what takes no skill....all you do is shift gears and go in a straight line...big deal
RallyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #11
KisstheApex

Send a message via AIM to KisstheApex
chrisfromda909,

A Toyota Tacoma X is Toyota's smaller truck currently released and is being outfitted with X-Runner trim. But, basically, a pickup.
Attached Images

KisstheApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:44 PM   #12
Coiloverkid
Omawarisan

Send a message via AIM to Coiloverkid
rado is an *Censored**Censored**Censored*. he's like that in person, all full of himself and arrogant. He wont get far in drifting.

[LINKED PHOTO REMOVED]
Coiloverkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #13
chrisfromda909

Quote:
Originally posted by KisstheApex
chrisfromda909,

A Toyota Tacoma X is Toyota's smaller truck currently released and is being outfitted with X-Runner trim. But, basically, a pickup.
thats sum weird lookin crap. im used to seeing these tacomas.
big tacoma

little tacoma

so which one is it? and is that sum new ugly body kit they have for one of those styles? or is that a new 2005 super huge bug-eyed tacoma?
Old 05-23-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
nissanguy_24

OMG i am siding with Import Tuner over SCC...

Every one go and read this month's import tuner, in the editor colum's similar to Christan Rado's colume in SCC. The guy is complaining exactly about this.. That guy is relatively new to drifting and is very humble about it but complains about his Drag racing buddies, who got famous drag racing and now think they will drift, and all there sponsores are following them.

Some semi quotes. (semi because i dont remember them real well) from his drag buddies.. "Im going to run ethanhol and make all kinds of power" "no ones built a tube frame drift car yet"

Perhaps the domestic manufacturers werent the real threat to drifting, but rather our fellow import enthusiest.. the Pro Import drag racers.

All we can hope is he fails... he crashes and fails. His sponsors leave him and he goes back to drag racing with more humility.. BY THE WAY MISTER RADO I've never met a pro drifter who didnt want to talk to his fans! even if they dont speak english those guys all seem very friendly. Ueo was nearly in tears reading letters we sent him about his luck this season.. Yeah real distant... Pro American drifters are taking the time to post on forums like this to hear from there fans and exchange opinions and ideas. There may be drivers who are rough around the edges, but they are all good guys.

I have no problem booing a guy with that attitude.
nissanguy_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:13 PM   #15
chrisfromda909

would that be the june import tuner or the july? cuz i just bought the july one.

Last edited by chrisfromda909; 05-23-2004 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:14 PM   #16
nissanguy_24

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisfromda909
woudl that be the june import tuner or the july? cuz i just bought the july one.
The brand new one, so july i supose
nissanguy_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:16 PM   #17
chrisfromda909

well just so others know this is the july cover...
Old 05-23-2004, 06:23 PM   #18
sobe

Send a message via AIM to sobe
how can he say something...drifting isnt about having the world eat out of your *Censored**Censored**Censored*, its not like nascar where you want be noticed and let everyone know who you are because you think you are bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* thinking you have drifting to back you up. Thats the difference between most americans and japanese drifters. The japanese pro drifters are amazing guys, id be proud and honored just to have a chat with any one of them, even if they dont speak english, id just nod my head and attempt to communicate with them.

Its not all about "fans", most definitely not, you can't become famous by drifting behind the wheel and forgetting the most important thing

love
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #19
Coiloverkid
Omawarisan

Send a message via AIM to Coiloverkid
Quote:
Originally posted by sobe
how can he say something...drifting isnt about having the world eat out of your *Censored**Censored**Censored*, its not like nascar where you want be noticed and let everyone know who you are because you think you are bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* thinking you have drifting to back you up. Thats the difference between most americans and japanese drifters. The japanese pro drifters are amazing guys, id be proud and honored just to have a chat with any one of them, even if they dont speak english, id just nod my head and attempt to communicate with them.

Its not all about "fans", most definitely not, you can't become famous by drifting behind the wheel and forgetting the most important thing

love
ALL WE NEED IS LOVE
Coiloverkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:03 PM   #20
JDM EUNOS
DRFT 2NR

man you beat me to it. I just got my SCC in the mail and i was PO'ed about Rado and his comments on Drifting. What he needs to do is keep his A S S drag racing because he has no room here in the drifting world and i do believe nobody especially me will not give him a warm welcome for his stupidity. What a turd.
JDM EUNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #21
Drift For Food
OMG the ground's white!

Send a message via AIM to Drift For Food
I think he'll realize real quick when he gets his Tacoma out on the track, lol.
Drift For Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:46 PM   #22
carboy

haha what a joke

Chris Rado getting into drifting is about as *Censored**Censored**Censored* as well...the fab five from Queer Eye. How lame is it that he has to badmouth drifting and talk crap about the drivers?? What's up with this guy? Just because his drag racing career is pretty much done and over with doesn't mean he has to try to bring something else down with it. I had some respect for him when he was racing his dc2 but nowadays he is a total whiner. Anyone who reads his columns will see how much a whiner this guy is...my car's not ready because of this, my car is not as fast as it can be cause of this...blah blah blah...my friends in the import drag scene are cheating and giving me the cold shoulder...blah blah blah. Shut up man! I hope all the fans will seriously boo him and make him feel like an idiot if he ever steps foot in a drifting comp. I really want to see him hit the bowl and clutch it deep like Kazama and come out and complete the rest of the D1 course at Irwindale...this guy is dreaming. You've been driving straight all your "import" life Chris, give it a rest when it comes to anything that requires real driving skill. You know there's guys in the drag scene like Steph P that have been pretty down with drifting and have been positive about it's growth and that's respectable. Man...how I want Izumida and the DX crew to show this f*%king idiot what the hell is up. Sorry for my strong feelings but guys like this are so worthless.
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:51 PM   #23
SilviaLove
UrbanKnights

Send a message via ICQ to SilviaLove Send a message via AIM to SilviaLove Send a message via Yahoo to SilviaLove
How absurd...Drifting is all technique..nothing to it, eh? On top of that your thinking of competing in a truck? All this coming from some one who made there stake in a sport that could not be compaired to drifting. Okay, i do admit dragging does take a certain degree of skill, but the inherent knowledge and experience needed to drift out surpasses any dragging skill - handsdown. I haven't read this article but i will be sure to throughly analyize it and post my thoughts (both SCC and ImportTuner).
SilviaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #24
Ex-Cat
Flight Lead

Yeah, childish name calling on your part really makes him the bad guy. Seriously, regardless of how ridiculous the things this guy says are you all need to grow up and stop crying whenever somebody says ANYTHING you disagree with.
Ex-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:03 PM   #25
AlexPfeiffer
Driver

I find this post quite funny.

I must say that I was rude to him at D1. He wanted an interview for a show, asked me if I would, said yeah, and after about 5 minutes of waiting, I just had to leave and take care of a few things. So i just kinda bailed on him. Now, I'm glad. With comments like that. Hell, I dont need some flashy car to kick some a$$.

I would love to see some of the drag racers come out. We all know whats going to happen. They are going to look so stupid.

I do get this from pritty much every different type of racing. Everyone thinks they can build a better drift car or they think they can drive better than the guys theyve seen.

Every man on this earth thinks they can do 2 things well. Driving and sex. With sex, who really cares, as long as you orgasim, then your good enough. Same thing goes for driving, as long as you get a thrill, thats all you need.
AlexPfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: