SR20DET Bolt Torque Specs and Gasket ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET Bolt Torque Specs and Gasket ?s

Hey everybody. I am in the process of swapping and SR20DET into a 1992 240 and keep running into little problems like these... Is there any reason to swap out the flywheel and pressure plate bolts for stronger ones? If so who makes them? Also what are the torque specs for the flywheel bolts and the pressure plate bolts?

Also, do you think it would be a good idea to swap out the gaskets around the turbo and downpipe? I ask mainly because the down pipe was slightly loose at the turbo when I pulled it out of the clip. Can I just tighten the bolts or am I just asking for a leak?

THANKS!

look at the fsm for your torque specs. id change the gasket cuz if it was loose heat got to it and probly burned it. also the stock flywheel bolts are fine

Comment

Agreed, OEM bolts are plenty strong.

If it has a metal gasket, you could re-use it, but it's probably the crappy organic crap that blows out into a cloud of gasket when there is a tiny leak.

If you are at all in question about it, replace the gasket - it won't pay to cut a corner, get the motor in, and then "blow a gasket" when you have exhaust blowing into the engine bay.

Comment

Working...
      X