ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER! (OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craftsman
    Well either way...

Honda loves the boy. He's got a brand spanking new S2000 to play with...

what worries me about american drifting is the lack of pro road racers in it. i mean sure drag is cool but it sure as heck doesn't teach you how to take the ideal line or control a car going sideways....

it's going to be interesting seeing small v8 like the mustang go sideways. i wonder if it feels less agile? i'd rather gushi in the honda, but s2ks are hard to make drift in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by tony speed
      what worries me about american drifting is the lack of pro road racers in it. i mean sure drag is cool but it sure as heck doesn't teach you how to take the ideal line or control a car going sideways....

it's going to be interesting seeing small v8 like the mustang go sideways. i wonder if it feels less agile? i'd rather gushi in the honda, but s2ks are hard to make drift in the first place.
      actually from what i've heard is that Stephan Papadakis actually knows how to road race. He took an integra to an actually road course I forgot where though

Comment

Re: Re: Re: KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER!

Originally posted by Test Drive
        it's not uncommon for the text content of a press release to attempt to pawn off some claim like that... usually it's vague and not something that can be proven. other such terms that pr people love are "industry leading" and "first to market"...

as i say they are usually nonsensical and it's done soley in the hope that whomever purveys the press release to reuse as a news item doesn't edit that out and they essentially get a free advertisement.

sorry if that was long winded, but it's something i've dealt with very closely.

on the topic of the 05 mustang - i was lucky enough to be on the press launch for this vehicle. truth is i have hated mustangs for a long time. to me, i was like "what's the big? it goes kinda fast and can't turn - AT ALL!"

with with the chassis/suspension redsign the _classic_ knock on the mustang truly is gone. i wanted to hate it. i did. but you let the clutch out and the V8 does exactly what you are expecting it to... then when you finally do get into a corner (racing style not drifting style) it's predictable and not as heavy or bricklike as it's predacessors.

i'm new to drifting as you can see by my post numbers. so i can't project exactly what kind of hell they might be in with setups. i guess all i wanted to say was - unlike previous mustangs YOU CAN ACTUALLY TURN THIS ONE. so it may be more than just a good financial move for young mr. gushi.

it may be quite fun too.

peace,
        rich
        I actually own an 05 mustang, and believe me, the handeling is leaps and bounds better than ANY of the prior year mustangs. Good luck in your career advancements Gushi!

Comment

I recently talked to Ken at the last event about the Mustang next year, and he seems pretty optimistic about it. He says it's noticebly heavier and slower to respond than his S13, but there's lots of power and way more torque with the V8. Throttle response is also better in the Mustang. He's as curious as the rest of us as to how he will perform next year. Good luck, Ken!!

Also, Gushi-san mentioned that he's relieved that everything is taken care of with the mustang. He doesn't have to worry about Ken smashing it up, cause it won't come out of his pocket, but they are working on a AE86 coupe garage car for Gushi Auto, which will make some appearances at some pro events with either Gushi-san or a close friend driving.

Next year looks to be very interesting and exciting.

Comment

Text provided by Konig

Konig Wheels is proud to announce that we have officially joined forces with Toyo Tires/Ford Racing and Gushi Auto as the official Wheel sponsor for the Ford Mustang Drift car for the 2005 season.

Comment

Originally posted by tony speed
              what worries me about american drifting is the lack of pro road racers in it. i mean sure drag is cool but it sure as heck doesn't teach you how to take the ideal line or control a car going sideways.....
              FYI, there are a few good autox'ers turned drifters. Taka Aono and Calvin Wan, respectively, have won a few Solo2 National Titles.

As for "The Goosh", I hope he chooses a nice set of Konigs, like the Konig Freefall. Most of the Konig line looks like it belongs in a video game. Just my opinion...

Comment

I saw a sneak preview video that Grip Video made for FORD about the Gushi build up all i gotta say is that video rocks, and gushi looks good in that car.

Comment

Originally posted by INFO

Text provided by Konig

Konig Wheels is proud to announce that we have officially joined forces with Toyo Tires/Ford Racing and Gushi Auto as the official Wheel sponsor for the Ford Mustang Drift car for the 2005 season.

Ugly!!!! What happened to the other scheme, i was just starting to like it

Comment

05 mustnag with a '03 Cobra SC 4.6 yea?

Not bad making 605 at the wheels from what i hear

Hope this car does well at its unveiling at FD @ Chi-town

Does Ken Gushi come on these boards?

Max

Comment

• didn't want to read the thread but the new mustang just smacked the hell out of the 911's and m3's in the scca grand am series so i guess all my thoughts on it have changed this car could be a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonesdef
                        didn't want to read the thread but the new mustang just smacked the hell out of the 911's and m3's in the scca grand am series so i guess all my thoughts on it have changed this car could be a beast.
                        Thats cause you're a moron thats always jumping into conclusion.

-Al

Comment

• Originally posted by INFO

Text provided by Konig

This is more dissapointing then NOB's new car and paint.

Comment

• I think it looks kind of cool which is really sayin something because I absolutely HATE mustangs...hate 'em!!

But yeah this one looks alright. Maybe they should throw in some carbon fiber here and there though like a splitter or canards and a CF hood and wing..but maybe they really did. I mean this is just a rendering it will probably look slightly different in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonesdef
                              didn't want to read the thread but the new mustang just smacked the hell out of the 911's and m3's in the scca grand am series so i guess all my thoughts on it have changed this car could be a beast.
                              Point of contention - the series in which the Multimatic Motorsports campaigned 2005 Mustang GT's have scored two event victories is not at all an SCCA series. It's the Grand Am Cup, as sanctioned by GARRA (Grand American Road Racing Association) which also sanctions the Rolex Grand Am sports car series (see also, Daytona Prototypes).

Comment

Working...
                              X