ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER! (OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
    papadakis should stick to drag racing...After reading the article in superstreet about tarzan teaching them how to drift...and they only drifting in 1st and 2nd gear...and him ( papadakis ) discussing how hard it was...i laughed. I noticed that they commented on everyone else afterwards like the strong and weak points but not papadakis...no one said anything that would make it seem like he wasnt as great as he is hyped up to be...i say this largly because super street talks about him being the next d1 driver a couple times in past issues...and he can barely drift 1st or 2nd gear...anyone else seeing anything else wrong with that??
    dude the guy had the totally rite attitude when coming into drifting... "that looks fun, i wanna try it!"

he even titled his first thread here "i hope i remember to turn" making fun of himself and his drag racing...

ignorant fool

Comment

That's a nice S2000. I think he's a cool guy for getting into drifting. He's trying something different just for fun. I dont see anything wrong with that.

Comment

i dont see anything wrong with him getting into it either. but what i do have problems with is ppl hyping him up to something big. Thats what my point was and is. Anyone if they practice will improve the over all skill. Sorry i did not see his post about him drifting, i dont check the board every day. I do take back my comments about him sticking to drag racing, but i still think ppl are hyping him to be something bigger than what he is, who knows down the road he might be as big as they are hyping him up to be, but right now he isnt. I am sure if any of us had the kind of sponsorship that papadakis and others have we could be out there everyday roasting tires, breaking suspension compnents and not worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
          i dont see anything wrong with him getting into it either. but what i do have problems with is ppl hyping him up to something big. Thats what my point was and is. Anyone if they practice will improve the over all skill. Sorry i did not see his post about him drifting, i dont check the board every day. I do take back my comments about him sticking to drag racing, but i still think ppl are hyping him to be something bigger than what he is, who knows down the road he might be as big as they are hyping him up to be, but right now he isnt. I am sure if any of us had the kind of sponsorship that papadakis and others have we could be out there everyday roasting tires, breaking suspension compnents and not worry about it.
          this sounds like sponser envy to me. but I'm not flaming, I feel you in a way. But look at it this way all of these american drifters are getting factory sponserships when a japanese girl drifter would spank the Formula D field.

Thats why japanese drifters that cant make it over there come here to compete in a D1 driver searches.
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 11-03-2004, 01:15 PM.

Comment

LOL yeah it does kinda sound like sponsorship envy doesnt it...LOL the point i was trying to make was he can just go out and practice all day if he chose while most of us have the weekends or late nights...and work and cant always afford to replace components stock or otherwise.

Comment

yeah your point about japanese drivers is a very good point.

Comment

Yeah Papadakis went into the sport w/ the right attitude rather than a certain other drag racer... and he's going about it all right he's going around and trying to learn just as he did at Formula D. He crashed but he was very cool about it. he took it as a learning experience. he didn't throw his helmet on the ground or anything he just took it as "one of those things"

Comment

see i didnt know that, i kinda put my foot in my mouth about it didnt I LOL Well at least hes approaching it in a humble manner. I really have a strong distate for ppl who arnt humble about driving and trying new things...i hope that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                    this sounds like sponser envy to me. but I'm not flaming, I feel you in a way. But look at it this way all of these american drifters are getting factory sponserships when a japanese girl drifter would spank the Formula D field.

Thats why japanese drifters that cant make it over there come here to compete in a D1 driver searches.
                    Please. While you 're ahead. Please stop posting. You are on the other side of the world and doesn't know anything about the drifting world. You are always talking out of your a5s like you know something but you really don't.

-Al

Comment

Uh... back to the topic kids.

GUSHI!!

thanks for the photo's and the info

Comment

yeah sorry about jacking the thread. congrats gushI!

Comment

very happy for gush..

what sucks is that i'm sure there will be some american's that will say, "how come an asian kid is driving?"

and speaking on the girl drifters, i've seen the girl drifters in japan. a whole flock of them that will and can out drift or hang with 90% of the drifters here.

video out soon by 360

Comment

Originally posted by .Al
                            Please. While you 're ahead. Please stop posting. You are on the other side of the world and doesn't know anything about the drifting world. You are always talking out of your a5s like you know something but you really don't.

-Al
                            I know what I see, hear, and expirience. If you know differently please enlighten me. If not please dont accuse me of any such things if you don't know me or what Im about.

I come to this board to learn about what is happening with the american side of a growing drifting industry. I have a right to state my opinions without making immature personal attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Roman
                              Do the japanese bash us for our inexperience? no they give us our props because in another year or 2 we are gonna be just as good as they are and they respect the fact that we love the sport.
                              You have got to be the most *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing negative person on this forum.
                              Let me interject politely; but they(the Japanese) do make fun of us..... lol

Comment

yeah good luck gushi! i hope you read this thread pecause you have a huge fan base, and the stang will get you more fans than lost.

also wasn't it orido that was in nextel cup or winston as it was called back in the day

Comment

Working...
                                X