My "Secret" Silvia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Secret" Silvia...

none of my buddies know what i've been doing recently, they all thing i "fell off"... i did... but on purpose...on building this...

Haha, friends or car?? Hmmm what a decision. Nice car looks like it was worth it.

Comment

ew tein...ew. i still dont get why ppl buy tein, its never as track worthy as other companies...its kinda like the poor mans wanna be suspension? LOL than again i just hate tein!!!

Comment

Ive said this before. Tein isnt the top selling suspension company in Japan for no reason......

Comment

i got tein cuz i got hooked up with the suspension for 200 dollars so if you can get tein HR's for 200 tell me that its not worth it and i will hit you... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
            ew tein...ew. i still dont get why ppl buy tein, its never as track worthy as other companies...its kinda like the poor mans wanna be suspension? LOL than again i just hate tein!!!
            Do you even have the beginnings of the concept that you are failing to comprehend? Or, when did you start to believe that your illiterate *Censored**Censored**Censored* could begin to speak intelligently on the subject. Or, how about this, once you reach the point at which you are out driving tein suspension, you can give a full write up on the flaws of its damping and rebound characteristics.

Comment

**Sidewayze40 posting from 110octane's username**
              That's weird that you say TEIN suspension is not track worthy, considering that most champion cars in Rally, Tarmac, and Drifting in Europe, Japan, and the US are using one line or another of TEIN suspension. Also, they are about the only suspension company making profit right now. WEIRD?!?

P.S they are also the only company you can have the suspension valved and sprung at whatever rates you want if their standard does not meet your needs.

Man they must suck!

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
                i got tein cuz i got hooked up with the suspension for 200 dollars so if you can get tein HR's for 200 tell me that its not worth it and i will hit you... lol
                not worth it

edit: were all in the same area, thats kinda neat

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
                  P.S they are also the only company you can have the suspension valved and sprung at whatever rates you want if their standard does not meet your needs.

That's not true. Many companies will do custom valving and springs.

Comment

Man they must suck!

most of us running zeals have custom setups not because theres anything wrong with standard, but they make it so easy to change. they are going to make a rear coilover for me (the 350z doesnt have a rear coilover normally)and revalve me for higher spring rates pretty soon

Comment

Hey FormulaDrifter, where are the underhood pics? Nice job though.

Comment

you can get all that you stated with tein down with any company you must ask for it. now for the "track" worthyness of tein, I am talking about the products that are available to the public...they arnt, they in general do not have the dampening that say jic or cusco have or tanabe. But actual track cars, I dont really know of any that actually use any, most just have the sticker spot reserved for tein...ie sponsorship they pay to have a sticker on the car. Ive ridden on teins , never liked them , ive driven them , never liked them, they rust , and they dont have nearly the dampening off the shelf of a2s or the Zero-2rs...they dont plain and simple. IVe had ppl blow out teins after running them maxed dampening for a few months str8. Ive had my A2s running full dampening for over a year str8, only had to have them rebuilt because i bounced off a mountain...and blew up 2 wheels in the process.

For the money they are good quality i wont deny that, but they arnt as good as some of the other companies that ive listed. Most ppl in the industry I know joke about them and how they are the "comfortable" mans racing coilover...you guys can as angry as you want about what i think about them, I honestly dont care. I worked my butt off saved my cash , did my re-search and i am sorta happy with my A2s... but soon to be Zero-2rs!! I am sorry but i am not on the TEIN band wagon. LOL

Now as to the call on the top selling suspension company in japan, I have yet to see evidence of this anywhere...cusco,jic,tanabe, companies that are well established tend to sell more over there and in china/taiwan. Tein is good for its quality, for the money ,but there is better....there always will be a better company/person ect. ( im sure some of you have heard that line before ) Tein is just cheap , similiar to topspeed...for the quality both companies are good, but there is better for more money.

200 bux for coilovers is a hella good deal!!

But the bickering aside..Good components on a car do not make a good driver. A good driver makes the components good....

*edit: forgot to add a word *
                        Last edited by Drifterlunchb0x; 08-10-2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I'm not aware of them offering custom valving (or at least advertising it). Like most coilovers, you can specify spring rates -- but they'll just throw on the springs and leave the dampers as is. Zeal is the only one I'm aware of that will revalve in the US and give you shock dyno data...

Anyway, nice car

Comment

That's good that Zeal offers that as well, the info to get revalves and overhauls done by TEIN is right on their website. http://www.tein.com/overhaul.html. The reason you/ people don't think they are track worthy is because you buy the Super Street or Flex line and think that is a track setup. It can be with a revalve but the fact is that they are street suspensions and they are meant to be comfortable but better than stock. The RE and RS are the track line along with the HT and new Super Racing Damper. The valving is stiff and the spring rates are adequate. They are aluminum so they dont rust, the others are steel to keep costs down so people not racing can afford them. Pretty smart I'd say. Maybe that's why they are the only ones making money.

Oh and TEIN does not pay anyone to put a sticker or run the suspension. I can guarantee that. Also, alittle FYI they are a public company so you can verify this yourself but TEIN owns 64% of the aftermarket suspension sales in Japan. Sometimes it's best if you don't know what you are talking about not to say anything at all.

Comment

As I said i havent seen any proof that they are the top selling company.
                              I am happy to hear that they are finally making ( maybe ) some better quality coilovers. No one gets to put a sticker on a proffesional car unless they pay for it. no if and or buts. thats just the way it is. You want to take up space on a car you pay for it. I would like to see where you got the sales numbers though, i dont doubt it though. The price tein goes for , but once again, you must remember quality over quantity. Now your comment on not saying anything, kinda missplaced dont you think ? Yes, I assumed that jic , cusco , tanabe other longer established companies will sell more. I didnt take into account the price...so I made a mistake, but yet how would i know if i didnt say something about what knowledge I have??

I will finish with this...Quality over quantity.

Comment

Working...
                              X