Status of Drifting in Northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of Drifting in Northern California

What is the status of drifting in Northern California? Can someone please clarify what's happening with Drift Battle and Altamont?

nothings happening as far as i know, the only thing up north is in sacramento, talk to borodrift on my forums, he's about to have a track day at thunderhill on sunday.

www.driftinertia.com

Comment

There is stuff happening we just have been too busy to update the site with the full 2007 schedule. We will have at least one event per month on Sundays starting in March when AMP re-opens.

The first event is March 11th... we will post when registration opens for the event.

Comment

Our full 2007 schedule is up on the site www.driftbattle.org

March 11th registration is open!!!

>>>CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE MARCH 11th EVENT<<<

Comment

YES! Thank you thank you thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by teamINERTIA View Post
            nothings happening as far as i know, the only thing up north is in sacramento, talk to borodrift on my forums, he's about to have a track day at thunderhill on sunday.

www.driftinertia.com

In addition to driftbattle at Altamont, there are also monthly Thunderhill events (skidpad only, not on the track): http://www.geocities.com/slidewize_drifting/

Comment

I'm surprised there's still no word on the Golden Gate Fields venue (I mean parking lot). I guess Berkely just can't take the air polution of all those burned up tires, hehe...I'm sure there's more to it then that, but I miss that place

Comment

I want GG fields back as well, come back to us DD NorCal!

oh...and I think NCDA died because someone put the last few zipties holding it together on backwards! I guess they are with the people that put on drift battle now or something, I have been on the site/forums in ages
                Last edited by AaronConklin; 02-19-2007, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Well i know the people who ran it and i think they just got to busy with other things. Don owns a doughnut store and todd is busy traveling the world w/ formula D. So i guess there was no one to take over NCDA.

Comment

Okay guys... I just got back from my vacation so I'll answer as many questions as a I can if Al hasn't already.

The event is from 9am - 5pm, there was an error on the flyer template we will updated it ASAP. Tech will start as soon as drivers are allowed to enter the venue at approximately 645am. A full schedule will be posted to the site mid next week and emailed to registered participants.

If you would like to be placed on the waiting list you can email us at info@driftbattle.org. We will add you in your order of contact (date/time) to the list and you can show up the same time as the other drivers the day of the event with your cash in hand should someone not show on time or cancel the day of.

Cancellations: If you are cancelling you are responsible for finding your own replacement. However, seeing as there are at least 5 people on the waiting list from this thread already... feel free to contact us if you need help. All we will do is provide you with the waiting party's email address and it is up to both of you to coordinate the transfer. Once the spot is sold, the seller/cancelle' should notify us of the sale and replacement driver/car information so we can add them to our list.

The drivers meeting will occur on event day and event day only. This is MANDATORY. If you do not show up or are late (we're *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* ) and you will not be able to participate in the event and will not receive a refund. I believe the AMP driver's meeting is for drivers/teams interested in the AMP facility and operations etc and is more tailored to the NASCAR guys.

AMP may charge a spectator fee to watch, however we will not be charging a spectator fee.

Any questions... I'm back and will answer them as best I can. There are updates on the site regularly... check them out.

Comment

Info and Driver list for our March 11th event is up on our site... www.driftbattle.org

Comment

Working...
                      X