240sx open diff conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx open diff conversion

i was wondering how i can convert it to an lsd. money isnt a problem to me i just need all available options; i just know to weld it. or rip it out of another 240 with an lsd. But is it that simple?

Originally posted by Vage1 View Post
    i was wondering how i can convert it to an lsd. money isnt a problem to me i just need all available options; i just know to weld it. or rip it out of another 240 with an lsd. But is it that simple?
    money is not a problem... then do it right, buy a KAAZ LSD for your car.

Kaaz USA
    13841 West St
    Garden Grove, CA 92843 USA
    Tel: 1-888-522-KAAZ (5229)

Tel: 714-554-4333

Fax: 714-554-4334

Comment

If your pumpkin(dif housing) doesn't have a finned aluminum cover, find one that does. Rear ends get very hot without a posi(lsd), a loaded one will burn up. Some 240's don't have a finned cover, your posi won't be able to handle the heat and will fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
        If your pumpkin(dif housing) doesn't have a finned aluminum cover, find one that does. Rear ends get very hot without a posi(lsd), a loaded one will burn up. Some 240's don't have a finned cover, your posi won't be able to handle the heat and will fall apart.
        That is somewhat true, the heat is excessive but I have been running the same KAAZ diff in my R32 for about 3 & 1/2 years now. No Finned cover. I just keep the regular cover clean and change the oil with genuine KAAZ oil frequently. Never had a problem.

Comment

Do i really have to do the figure eight? I have to do it in a parking lot then...

Comment

Originally posted by Vage1 View Post
            Do i really have to do the figure eight? I have to do it in a parking lot then...
            It is very important to follow the break in procedure.
            like anything else.... engine break in, brakes, etc.....

Comment

just wondering did you tow it to the area big enough or did you just drove it?

Comment

you can just drive it nice and easy i think it will be ok
                no hard turns and no drag launches.... get to your parking lot, do firgure 8s in until you pass out... then go have fun. I recommend changing your fluid quickly after break in. (as does KAAZ)

Comment

Driving it isn't going to do any damage to it. The point of breaking it in is exactly the same as breaking in a clutch or brake pads: you want to make sure the friction surfaces are completely bedded so when you actually use them to their fullest extent, you won't damage them. When you put a new clutch in, do you tow the car until it's broken in? Do you tow a car to break in your brake pads?

Just drive to a parking lot and do your figure 8s. When you're done, go home and change your gear oil. Then go get sideways.

Comment

wow mike... thanks for paraphrasing me in such a kind and generous manner

Comment

Working...
                    X