Racing belts + no roll cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question:

Ok, would a racing harness actually help you in a normal street crash, or would it make it worse? (assuming the roof isn't crushed somehow, although it seems like they'd help in a roll-over)

Or are they only good for keeping a race car driver in his seat, rather than safer in anything but a racing-esque crash?

Comment

trust me a race harness would definately help!, i was in a reck 2 weeks ago and the damn seat belt in the car popped off during the accident and my face slammed into the steering wheel and windshield, luckily my pretty face survived (all 20 stitches are in my mouth), but if i had a race harness i would have been perfectly fine becuase it would have held me back against the seat and prevented me from slamming forward

Comment

well..

it can go both ways if u are hit hard in the back they make it worse because your back takes all the force.. my friend was hit at 60mph in his RHD 14 and he blew 2 vertibrae(spelling) IN HIS BACK SO THEY HELP BUT THEY CAN HARM 2!

Comment

Yo i have a toyota SUPRA 95 and i just put new sparco racing seats and and 3 point harness in it i found out the reason y u have to put a three point harness in ur car is bc it is used for offroading vehicles! and if u are worried about getting pulled over u wont cops dont care as long as u have a racing harnes in the back of ur car it goes around the passenger seat and the drivers seat it takes up no room at all! the only thing is that these harnesses ar not CHEAP! they range from 200 and up the cheapest i have seen is $230 that is all ik and i havent had a problem with the belt its comfrotable and everything iits been in my car for a month now!

Comment

I had a friend in high school who put the 3" harness' in. He put the drivers in proper but not the passenger. He got into a front wreck at 50mph and his girl at the tome broke her clavical (collar bone). They help in some situsations and when worn proper but like everyone said not every crash/accident.

Comment

I suggest looking at a autocross rule book to figure out how to safely mount a race harness with out a cage and loop.

Comment

Yeah, if you're really worried about installing it correctly or not -- have a reputable shop (or somebody you really trust) do the work. This is a pretty like, serious investment because it could save your life.

Comment

Working...
                X